Author Topic: Suggestions and ideas for the 17/18 update.  (Read 820 times)

Offline wiklund87

• RES
Suggestions and ideas for the 17/18 update.
« on: 11 July 2017, 19:16:50 »
I have some suggestions for the next major SWOS update:

- I remember the older "Synchronated" often used to replace the goalkeeper with a non-gk. It makes sence to have a second goalkeeper if you got a player like Jasper Cillessen(Barcelona) on the bench.
- "Synchronated" also did a great thing with the use of the league of "El-Salvador" as a Reserve-team league for the top clubs in europe.
- An out-of-contract team(s) would be great aswell.
- With the growth of the chinese league and a lot of big names joining the league, I think we need to add a country, or maybe replace a different league (16 teams).
- I tend to use the old dos-based "Money Maker" (SWSmm.exe). How about adding it to the program? I'm sure Zlatko Karakas would know how to add that feature to the SWOS++ menu.

Offline xflea

• Mr. Friendly League
  • Special Moderator
  • SWOS Legend
  • hard rockin' amigo
Re: Suggestions and ideas for the 17/18 update.
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2017, 23:50:39 »
hmm, I don't think there is any 17/18 update project out there... correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline wiklund87

• RES
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2017, 01:32:44 »
hmm, I don't think there is any 17/18 update project out there... correct me if I'm wrong.
It was a 16/17 update, so why shouldn't there be a 17/18 update?
We already have a decent release that includes the editor. We just have to edit the team-files right? :)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2017, 16:27:53 »
Sorry for the late reply...

- I remember the older "Synchronated" often used to replace the goalkeeper with a non-gk. It makes sence to have a second goalkeeper if you got a player like Jasper Cillessen(Barcelona) on the bench.

SWOS (every original version) has a subs-goalkeeper! Every update should maintain that!

- "Synchronated" also did a great thing with the use of the league of "El-Salvador" as a Reserve-team league for the top clubs in europe.

El Salvador and all the minor countries deserve to be in the game! They belong to the "world of soccer". That's what has made the game what it is!

- With the growth of the chinese league and a lot of big names joining the league, I think we need to add a country, or maybe replace a different league (16 teams).

The Chinese market is by any means NOT "sensible". It's a blown up money laundry, it iconifies everything which the random football fan next door just doesn't want to happen. I don't see a reason to include such a league and sacrifice one of the minor countries.

- I tend to use the old dos-based "Money Maker" (SWSmm.exe). How about adding it to the program? I'm sure Zlatko Karakas would know how to add that feature to the SWOS++ menu.

That would mean to include a cheat-mode in the actual game. For what? Where is the sportsmanship... and the desire to win with a low-budget team?

We just have to edit the team-files right? :)

JUST... yes! Will you? :)

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Betichus

• RES
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2017, 20:20:32 »
Can we make it??  We need to confirm if we could do it. I could make 5 or 6 leagues. Greetings :).

Offline wiklund87

• RES
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2017, 16:20:56 »
Can we make it??  We need to confirm if we could do it. I could make 5 or 6 leagues. Greetings :).
That would be great :)
The use "daddywarhol" said he wants to update Belgium,France and Italy.

Offline wiklund87

• RES
« Reply #6 on: 03 September 2017, 16:30:17 »

SWOS (every original version) has a subs-goalkeeper! Every update should maintain that!

El Salvador and all the minor countries deserve to be in the game! They belong to the "world of soccer". That's what has made the game what it is!

The Chinese market is by any means NOT "sensible". It's a blown up money laundry, it iconifies everything which the random football fan next door just doesn't want to happen. I don't see a reason to include such a league and sacrifice one of the minor countries.

That would mean to include a cheat-mode in the actual game. For what? Where is the sportsmanship... and the desire to win with a low-budget team?

You make good points, although I think we miss out on a lot of players without a reserve league.

I didn't think a lot about the money maker thing, since a lot of you guys use this game a bit more serious than me. Btw I love be taking a cheap team to the top of the leagues:) I just though that since a lot of people don't want to mess with the hex editing, then maybe the old swsmm30 should be easier to find for the people who want to act like PSG for fun :)

I wish I had more time and knowledge of how to make updates. At the time I think it's best leaving it to the pros's.