Poll

When did you play Sensible Soccer the first time?

21 (30.4%)
12 (17.4%)
8 (11.6%)
10 (14.5%)
5 (7.2%)
2 (2.9%)
5 (7.2%)
0 (0%)
2 (2.9%)
1 (1.4%)
1 (1.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.4%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.4%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Your first touch with Sensible Soccer?  (Read 12358 times)

Offline andib

• Management
  • Superstar
Re: Your first touch with Sensible Soccer?
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2013, 10:21:29 »
Started back in the early 90's playing sensible Soccer with a friend on amiga almost every day with WICO-joystick! and had a break for 10 - 12 years or so.

Fortunatly another friend of mine showed me this page last year in May, and I guess you could say I have played SWOS pretty much since. Online and offline.
Vamos los ticos, esta noche tenemos que ganar

Offline Pallister

• Make SWOS - not WAR !!!
  • SWOS Legend
  • Only Amiga makes it possible!
    • *Amiga Shop*
« Reply #31 on: 09 August 2013, 12:27:18 »
Played Sensible Soccer at first in 1992. Since then I can't remember a single month where I didn't played that wonderful game :)

Offline insomniacro

• TRIAL
« Reply #32 on: 18 January 2014, 11:23:00 »
I found swos pc demo on a cd  of a croatian computer magazine in early 97 when i was 10 (i played microprose soccer on c64 before that).
 I could only play as Blackburn vs Man utd.It was pretty hard to learn how to play ,i took me 50 matches to even see the opposition gk.
(After a year i pressed page down by accident and discovered that i can make substitutions  ;D ;D)
And when i scored for the first time (Shearer, my favorite striker of all time, i have his newcastle shirt on my beadroom wall in my room, guess why ;D I asked everyone if they ever heard for this game and where can i get the full version, but no luck ,noobody ever heard of swos.
I was stuck with that demo that I played at least 10 000 times.

Then in 2001 or 2002 i ordered compilation cd with games from my local pirate(btw he said that he never heard of swos and didnt have that game).There was a bunch of games on that disk in zip archives ,and amongt them was SWOS ece and swos 96/97 pc version, the funny thing is swos wasn't even on the game list of that cd , i found it by accident.Then the addiction kicked in again and i played it for months , i couldnt belive the number of leagues in the game.

Then in 2003-2004 when i got an internet connection , i learned about amiga swos ect....
In the last few years I only play amiga version.

Still the best football game ever!

I have wet dreams about a new swos version with proper online multyplayer and fixed bugs (players value ,money shortage , cpu transfers ect...) :-[

never say never!!!  ;)

« Last Edit: 18 January 2014, 11:31:24 by insomniacro »

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: 22 October 2015, 19:18:29 »
^^ nice to read...

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2017, 19:51:32 »
New members, more stories? :)

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline petarku

• TRIAL
« Reply #35 on: 24 October 2017, 15:16:00 »
Hi guys ,
I started with first version of sensible soccer on amiga.
Then it was 1.1 and euro and every new version all the way, then first swos and until ultimate  96/97 version.
I also got some unofficial 97/98 update from local store as I am from eastern europe all what we were getting there were cracked games ...

I was playing a lot , mostly alone using career mode as i got broken the mouse port on amiga when my friend came with some sega joypad to play swos in 2 :)
I have xbla version which i really like as i am playing a lot locally with friends and on my own , i like enhanced graphic there (minus whirl effect when you score) and it is proper hard to score version.
I managed to port your 2016/17 update there as i have rgh hacked console ... I have swos on sony vita as well using the emulator and it is playing great. I guess i am qualifying as a proper fan ;)

There is so many things that is done so well in this game ,
Gameplay : the things that you feel how players characteristic have their influence on the pitch, aftertouch,  headers, tackles, learning curve
Menu:  how is fast to choose your team , how when you finish diy tournament , when you replay the tournament you get different opponent first round . 
world of soccer : you have every team that existed there
Not the mention swos career mode that you keep coming back to do one more season

I was mentioning in the other thread about sociable soccer , a lot of people coming there wishing actually to be like swos , 20 years ago made and nobody came close with gameplay.
It is pity that codemasters got this one, i cant belive there is no market for it in 2017 ... even with small tweaks net play for the start. Community is so strong , although i dont know how they would monetize on it . Millenials are fifa and pes generation , i saw recently kid on youtube talking about sensible soccer like the worst game ;)