Author Topic: Help for a newbie  (Read 265 times)

Offline MastarC

• TRIAL
Help for a newbie
« on: 15 October 2017, 04:55:23 »
Hi all. Thanks in advance for anyone's time on this. Excited to get back into the game. I've got a PC running windows 10 and my thoughts were to buy an old quickjoy joystick (used to love them) and get a 15 pin to usb adapter. Looking for clarification if this is a good idea in terms of that combo actually working and being compatible? Any other tips for starting out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
Re: Help for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2017, 09:13:59 »
I've got a PC running windows 10 and my thoughts were to buy an old quickjoy joystick (used to love them) and get a 15 pin to usb adapter. Looking for clarification if this is a good idea in terms of that combo actually working and being compatible?

That's an excellent idea! And yes, it will work great!
Got a list of adapters here:
http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26589.0

If you need more help, join our DISCORD chat. Purple button on top of this forum! ;)
« Last Edit: 15 October 2017, 09:27:37 by Playaveli »

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline MastarC

• TRIAL
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2017, 09:58:25 »
Thanks so much for the reply. Awesome! Looking forward to getting the adapter and joystick. Will let you know how I get on and will get onto the Discord feature soon enough. Thanks again!  ;D

Offline MastarC

• TRIAL
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2017, 07:16:40 »
Just got my 15 pin adaptor and old quickshot joystick - wasn't reacting well in game so calibrated it through windows 10 - slight improvement but not great. The buttons were working and axis points were able to be calibrated - on a 3rd attempt to improve the calibration I seem to have the axis points perfect but the 2 buttons are all of a sudden not working - any ideas? Be odd to say that the joystick is old and perhaps it worked for a few moments and then the buttons died? Bought the joystick off ebay. Thanks for any help

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2017, 13:09:45 »
Please link me to your purchased items. Need to take a look to investigate this further! ;)

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline MastarC

• TRIAL
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2017, 03:24:29 »
Thanks @Playaveli

I actually decided to take the joystick apart and found one of the wires had severed and presumably that wire led to the buttons - such a shame - I'll have to wait to get back into SWOS - just bought a new one off ebay BNIB - looking forward to playing my first game online and getting used to how everything works on here and online - all the best