Author Topic: The SWOS FAQ  (Read 15746 times)

Offline daimaou

• The King of the Banana Shots
  • SWOS Legend
Re: The SWOS FAQ
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2007, 20:21:33 »
Why do you think I posted the original SWOS manual! ;) Print to burn or to read?
Actually I have the original game including the manual, but I don't remind seeing anything there about keeper skills, so you are going to force to me to read the whole thing again lol. Can you give me the page number at least  ;D

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 11 September 2007, 21:12:23 »
Hehe... I just had a look, and you are right, it's not there.

But isn't it natural that a keeper with higher price value has better skills? Remember, in friendlies the players have no money value but the famous stars. And the more stars a player has the better he is (the more skill-points he has). I see no reason why this should be different for the keepers. More money --> more stars --> more skillpoints (althhough there are no specifics for keepers)!

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline daimaou

• The King of the Banana Shots
  • SWOS Legend
« Reply #32 on: 12 September 2007, 02:43:18 »
Eheh I thought so  ;D

And sure you're right, what I'm just questioning is if the keepers might have some hidden attributes or if their skills only relate to the price.
Suppose their skills depend on the price only, in that case if the keeper value goes up in carreer mode then he should become a better keeper, but like you said they don't so maybe there's something hard coded specially for the keepers I have no idea, maybe only swos coders could answer this for sure I guess.

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: 12 September 2007, 09:18:29 »
Suppose their skills depend on the price only, in that case if the keeper value goes up in carreer mode then he should become a better keeper, but like you said they don't so maybe there's something hard coded specially for the keepers

No no... don't get mixed up now. Skills of players NEVER get better if their money value rises in career. NEVER! Not defenders, not midfielder etc...also not goalkeepers.
Skills ALWAYS stay the same, no matter how high the price tag rises.

Offline cathaya

• TRIAL
« Reply #34 on: 13 September 2007, 15:46:38 »
Another question: What does it mean when, during a match, you can click on the coach on the bench and make someones head blink? then there is a tiny rectangle on top of the player (in the match).

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: 13 September 2007, 16:06:45 »
Well, that is just to observe him. It does not affect his skills or whatever.
You can do that when he is slightly injured to keep an eye on him. Or mark your team captain. ;)

(Also in the prematch team selection you can mark a player. Just hold fire until his head-icons starts blinking.)

Offline Oli O.

• Dirty juggler
  • Superstar
  • Mr. Bling Bling
« Reply #36 on: 13 September 2007, 16:43:21 »
But every blinking player (because of being team captain, topstar, on keyposition or injured) is also a target for your human opponent.:)

Offline cathaya

• TRIAL
« Reply #37 on: 19 September 2007, 03:06:54 »
i've made a custom team, how do I find it in the sensi folder? thx

Offline nate

• TRIAL
« Reply #38 on: 25 October 2009, 18:18:11 »

I have a question should be quite easy to answer

can you have 2  players playing at the same time , with a team each in career mode.?

ive been playing this alot on winuae but havent tried it yet , i know it isnt option on xbox

i occasionally play it on pc but havent tried that either.

im sure in my memory on the amiga i used to play 2player on career but i was just a little kid

when i tried to do it on xbox it definetly wasnt possible so i gues that confused me

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #39 on: 26 October 2009, 08:31:32 »
I have a question should be quite easy to answer...
can you have 2  players playing at the same time , with a team each in career mode.?

Not possible as also answered in the other topic.

Offline Mozg

• PRO
    • last.fm profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 November 2009, 22:08:19 »
I think you (or I?) think wrongly about what the ticks and crosses stands for. In this topic i noticed a concept calling "a tactic with all green ticks". Well, I've thought that tick means: "now it is better than it was before", something like assistant advice. For example, when you are putting an attacker with 3 stars instead of an another one with 1 star, you probably will get the tick. But if you will put our 3-star player instead of 5-star player, you should get a cross. In both cases we are putting the same player into the same position, and get different results. It means that ticks or crosses doesn't mean that now is good or bad, but means that is now better or worse. So, if I'll make some really crappy tactic, then if you change tactic from mine to any original tactic accesible in the game, it will turn out that all the tactics have all green ticks :) I just want to say that there is no such a thing that "tactic with all green ticks". There are just tactics better or worse. All is just relative :)
« Last Edit: 29 November 2009, 22:10:29 by Mozg »

Offline Waenae81

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #41 on: 30 November 2009, 05:35:18 »

The SWOS manual changed my mind.
Of course, ticks are important. It makes the player more sharp concerning his skills.
He will perform better.
Read here (first sentence). That has to be prove enough that it's also important (not only) to go for green ticks.
Why else would it be in the official manuel then?

(page 19 of SWOS 96/97 manual)

Offline gatifun

• Where have I been all these years?
  • RES
« Reply #42 on: 23 May 2017, 14:12:48 »
i put it in the correct thread
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 14:17:53 by gatifun »

Offline MystifiedGum

• TRIAL
« Reply #43 on: 06 August 2017, 18:57:21 »
I look up to players at http://swos.gazchap.com/ or the editor that comes with the game and see that the highest 3 skills the player has are in the game, abbreviated. For example if they are passing, tackling, and speed and I see PTS next to player.

One thing I notice, though, the defenders I loot at have H and T swapped in the game, or swos.gazchap.com and the editor are wrong, because whenever I see a defender with tackling but not heading for example, the player shows H but no T in the game and vice versa.

I'm wondering if it is the game that shows the skill wrong or the search engine and the editor.

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #44 on: 06 August 2017, 20:30:21 »
If H and T have the same skill point number, their order is irrelevant!