Author Topic: Home team advantage ?  (Read 502 times)

Offline Cool_amigaN

• TRIAL
Home team advantage ?
« on: 23 April 2019, 11:38:28 »
Hey there, over the last 3 years at the amicamp show in Athens, we have run 3 offline sensi tournaments using swos edition 16/17 (you can check some photos / results here, here and here).

We use (more or less) the rules from the official sensi days tournament (minus custom tactics), so in the 1st stage we have 3 to 4 diy leagues consisted by 5 to 4 players (depending on total attendance of 15 or 16 players), whereas each player plays twice (home/away) whith one another.

Since we keep analytical data of every game (more than 200 in total) I 've checked that out of the total 10 groups (of the 1st stage) that have been played so far, 8 out of 10 times home team would win with a pecrntage of 45 to 60% (1 time home - away were equal and 1 time away won by 50 to 40%).

Home - away on the other hand, doesn't have any correlation on knock out rounds that follow (diy cups).

While I am trying to figure out how to run a pearson correlation on SPSS with the data available (if anyone has an ide,a pls drop it here), I would like to ask whether anyone knows if swos poses a handicap on the away team during leagues. Also, whether this home advantage has been spotted on official sensi days as well.