Author Topic: ss.de league talk shop!  (Read 48462 times)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
ss.de league talk shop!
« on: 03 March 2009, 10:56:13 »
In this topic you can have random talks about the past, current und future national and ASL leagues.
Needed to open this because I saw the current table of SEP.

OMG!  :o :o
Impressivly strong. Pleban, Wodiczko and Lord Pablo will struggle a lot.
With Sanek and Gomi two strong competitors came up.

Btw, German league has been devided into 2 divisions.
19 active players are too many for just one (20 next season with Palli's comeback).

Italian league under the helm of Lestat (and Sociopatic before) had a good revival and shows some nice frequency.
Manuel's comeback adds some extra strengh. With Sasy, JPN and Lemonhead it will be a close fight.
Go on like this, dudes.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2015, 01:13:30 by Playaveli »

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
Re: ss.de league talk shop!
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2009, 08:55:17 »
ASL2:
Impressive unbeaten run by Bobbiebobras.
And wow, Manuel, you are really fast with finishing your games.
^^This league got some real power now.

Offline Foka

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2009, 09:09:03 »
28th games Lord_Pablo and any draw !! (Polish League)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2009, 00:41:50 »
Madness in ASL tonight, look what happened in games vs. Lobo:

[23:42]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Welcome to SS.de-Allstars vs. Swos Polska (Friendly)!

[23:42]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Kick-off!
[23:42]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Divin-Codino scores for SS.de-Allstars (3 mins.)! 1-0
[23:42]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Foka scores for Swos Polska (13 mins.)! 1-1
[23:43]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for SS.de-Allstars (35 mins.), Divin-Codino scores again (2)! 2-1
[23:44]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Lobo scores for Swos Polska (38 mins.)! 2-2
[23:44]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Half time, SS.de-Allstars vs. Swos Polska 2-2...
[23:44]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for Swos Polska (47 mins.), Foka scores again (2)! 2-3
[23:45]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Dzem scores for Swos Polska (53 mins.)! 2-4
[23:45]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for SS.de-Allstars (55 mins.), Divin-Codino scores again (3)! 3-4
[23:45]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for Swos Polska (58 mins.), Lobo scores again (2)! 3-5
[23:45]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for SS.de-Allstars (60 mins.), Divin-Codino scores again (4)! 4-5
[23:45]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for SS.de-Allstars (64 mins.), Divin-Codino scores again (5)! 5-5
[23:46]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for Swos Polska (67 mins.), Foka scores again (3)! 5-6
[23:46]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Goal for Swos Polska (71 mins.), Foka scores again (4)! 5-7
[23:47]   ASL_Lobo-Playa: Match is over, Swos Polska wins 7-5 against SS.de-Allstars!

Amazing stuff... (and, yes, I did play with custom tactic!)    :o :o
You still ask why Lobo is called "the machine"?
5-7 after 71st minute!!!! Could have been even 8-11 after 90... ;)

Offline Waenae81

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2009, 10:01:04 »
HOHOHO, the unbelievable LOBO ;D

Offline ALI

• Cpt.
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2009, 10:39:56 »
Foka i love you.. last 2 goals amazing !

Offline Foka

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2009, 10:51:00 »
HAHA :D np :) all for Lobo ;)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2009, 23:59:42 »
Tops & Flops League

Highest home defeat:    0-3 vs. EJDER-Z on 16.03.2009, Season LVI (Super)
Highest away defeat:    1-9 vs. EJDER-Z on 16.03.2009, Season LVI (Super)

^^ Playaveli...

Offline Coolio_Jack

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2009, 00:03:11 »
Tops & Flops League

Highest home defeat:    0-3 vs. EJDER-Z on 16.03.2009, Season LVI (Super)
Highest away defeat:    1-9 vs. EJDER-Z on 16.03.2009, Season LVI (Super)

^^ Playaveli...

Ouch , no mercy from Ejder.

Congrats Ali on your first asl title, im sure you ll have many more.

Offline daimaou

• The King of the Banana Shots
  • SWOS Legend
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2009, 03:02:57 »
9-1?  :o
OMG... unbelievable stuff, 12-1 on aggregate this reminds me of another recent match.

Offline Foka

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2009, 08:30:59 »
Mhm ??!!

Offline Redhair

• Prophet
  • Administrator
  • Superstar
  • Manic SWOS Preacher
    • Like on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2009, 15:39:27 »
I wouldn't take it too serious. I know from my own experience how it feels if you are not able to defend with this delay which is quite normal from Europe to USA. Such results are very unrealisitic in offline games. Anyway, respect to Ejder who is able to handle this delay, but I think he knows that we in Europe are not used to it and the games would look different offline.
Sensible Days Champion 2004 (Amiga Sensi), 2005 (Amiga SWOS), 2006 (PC SWOS & Sensi 06)

Offline Waenae81

• SWOS Legend
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2009, 17:06:50 »
First of all, Congs to Ali ! :) He deserved the win , because he can handle the delay and could won against Ejder

But, hey mates, this is ridiculous !!! For me this is competitive distorsion . Noone here are able to beat Playa 9-1, except he is drunk ;)

Offline ALI

• Cpt.
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2009, 02:58:18 »
Thanks all..

Ping is not the only thing why Playaveli lost.. I live also in Europe and I also play against Ejder-Z with higher ping than other players.. and want just to remind that I havent lost against Ejder-Z for months in ASL.. 110 ms 4 delay you can play good, also playing with headers..
Ejder-Z just have the tactic to finish easy and quick, really like a machine... If you cant defend or your tactic isnt good or if u get mad to his L-goal or if you get mad that ping is high against Ejder-Z it's over.. He will kill. 

First of all, Congs to Ali ! :) He deserved the win , because he can handle the delay and could won against Ejder

But, hey mates, this is ridiculous !!! For me this is competitive distorsion . Noone here are able to beat Playa 9-1, except he is drunk ;)

So i won the ASL title because I can handle delay??
« Last Edit: 18 March 2009, 03:03:56 by ALI »

Offline Ejder-Z

• ASL Habitué
  • Cpt.
  • Former Super ASL Player
    • [IMG]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/220/22tc1.jpg[/img]
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2009, 04:01:25 »
It was just a bad day for Playa and not a big deal. I wish I saved the game, I didn't even play that good and such things happen all the time, Ali scored 11 against me once, and our pings are slightly worse. I got my record p2p ping (70 ms) in ASL against Marty once and were my best games against him ever, and I lost many games against my home country opponents in ASL, Coke and Sheriff, Turkish and Greek internet providers give 156 ms best with US :( After all, we all know everyone beats everyone in here, every once in a while, so this doesn't change the fact that Playa is still a far better player than I am overall. Need proof? That guy never finishes the Super ASL without a medal, and most of them are gold where none of mine are:) That is proof but a 9 isn't.

And thanks to those for bringing up the delay issue again, I gave up saying us in US are also not used to it and I would probably give up ASL months ago if I wasn't enjoying playing against the best guys in this game so much no matter what, and if I had another option (like buying a better connection than 200 mbit?:)). I know how offline play is as I also play with human opponents here on campus with literally 0 ms (just can't convince them to reassemble the US league:(, some of them can really go up in ranking if they did play frequently)  as well as career. You assume I get used to high delay as I have to play with it all the time in every single game, I wish you were right :) All I can say is I'm in Turkey in May and hope to play as many games as we can to see how things will change ;) It will be the 2.5th Super ASL season with Turkish pings for me (the bronze I got in the first one passed unnoticed as that was my first ASL season ever in July 2008 and could only play a few games from Turkey in August, but I personally don't believe scores are the best indicators of a good player or the effect of a variable such as delay on the game, they just determine who wins for that instance and gives an overall idea which can only work statistically if many many games were played, just like in real soccer.

I also congratulate Ali, but I disagree that he deserved it for his delay handling qualities and not for his superior performance this month which he kept signaling for several months (thanks to him too for bringing out the useless fact that I couldn't win against him for 5 months in ASL, which I frequently do in fri's and he barely won with luck this month, so that statistic will be dead soon, I know coz I asked him to redo it tonite and he couldn't:), it was pure coincidence their games against me decided the winner of this season, in a league of 12 tough players. I also disagree lots of goals in offline games is not realistic, according to my own experience but I might be wrong, that area is too gray :D But I agree defending becomes a pain in the a.s as the ping gets higher, especially if your custom is based on a weak defense tactic like 3-4-3 is. But like Playa mentioned very truly, I like playing the way I do, no matter if it contributes to losing the game by the many goals I concede or if looks ugly from the outside, that is just the way I handle soccer and my view point of it. (and trust me I play it better without delay, see me in May:)