Author Topic: Best SWOS career-mode tactic  (Read 12143 times)

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
Best SWOS career-mode tactic
« on: 10 June 2009, 10:00:47 »
My first post so - Hello to all SWOS maniacs.

I'm a little bit puzzled by performance level of my team.
I was looking for a challenge and I cannot achieve success.
Maybe You can help.

So I picked up a team "Hajduk Split". I relased all valued/trial/reserve/ players and bought one player (SFV) Jose Vizcarra for 800k.
And now my struggle begins - I'm watching my team matches in career mode - and my team is unable to make solid performances.
I think the key is correct tactic. It wolud be great to see one cpu without any players beating second with full squads.
Result button sometimes gives draws but...I want to see 'my' cpu vs cpu battle  ;D So do You have any .tac that would be enough to
'stay clear of relegation' in such conditions and in 'coach mode'? Maybe something like Liverpool 4-5-1 Fowler?

Cheers!

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
Re: Best SWOS career-mode tactic
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2009, 10:05:07 »
« Last Edit: 02 August 2017, 14:27:11 by Playaveli »

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2009, 11:29:42 »
7 match test:
2-2 (probably the firt match is always reasonable)
0-1
0-1
0-1
0-3
0-1
1-1

I can see small number of shots from my side - and it is good ( amount of shots changes due opponent skills)
I can see my defenders out of positions especially when cpu passes long ball from his own half,
it gives opponents' striker free space in front of my poor goalkeeper - and it is not good.

Defensive potential of RB - LB is maybe not fully used. Maybe more tight formation?

So generally:
Attack +
Midfield +
Defence -

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2009, 11:34:09 »
Note:
This tactic is designed for a team of at least 4-star-players, 2,5M and above.

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2009, 11:48:42 »
Note:
This tactic is designed for a team of at least 4-star-players, 2,5M and above.

Players I don't have. Told ya, this is challange.

My goal is to create and avoid relegation with team 10 + 1. Where 10 are loaned and 1 is solid FSV..

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2009, 09:31:54 »
Without any players? I've managed SWOS for a long time and had great success with simple tactics (using bad teams but WITH players).
Basically I've moved all the side players closer to the ball and setup up  a straight line of 6 players through the middle (everyone except for wingers and full backs).
This leads to your AI passing the ball to the sole attacker so fast that it is often unintercepted and you get a ridiculous amount of shots at the goal and if your attacker has decent shooting skill (say 5 at least) and you position him at the goal distance (depending on his speed/shot values) a ridiculous amount of goals as well.

I actually found this to be TOO easy and tried to create a tactic with 2 crappy attackers playing simetrically, with no great success  :)

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2009, 09:47:42 »
Without any players? I've managed SWOS for a long time and had great success with simple tactics (using bad teams but WITH players).
Basically I've moved all the side players closer to the ball and setup up  a straight line of 6 players through the middle (everyone except for wingers and full backs).
This leads to your AI passing the ball to the sole attacker so fast that it is often unintercepted and you get a ridiculous amount of shots at the goal and if your attacker has decent shooting skill (say 5 at least) and you position him at the goal distance (depending on his speed/shot values) a ridiculous amount of goals as well.

I actually found this to be TOO easy and tried to create a tactic with 2 crappy attackers playing simetrically, with no great success  :)

Ok, can you just post it here?

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2009, 10:16:12 »
I'm afraid I lost it a long time ago...  :( Pity, some of the actions AI made with that one were quite spectacular (actions with passing the ball around instead of just randomly kicking it)  :)

I'm sure you can easily make one yourself. It won't be as tweaked but the fast-passing-to-the-attacker idea was the most important part goals-wise.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2009, 10:17:50 by Sida79 »

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2009, 18:15:21 »
I'm just totally lost. It is hard to make CPU think and not make SILLY mistakes. My very solid team is nowhere with results. Just need some help to squeeze success from this game.

If somebody can help me - I can post the best bargain players form last June 09 Update ;+) So we have a deal? ;+)

Cheers

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2009, 09:09:17 »
So I've created something like this. Should I make this 'spine' in all sides or just in central?

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2009, 12:02:57 »
Use the "COPY" function and try it in all sides.
Save it as a different tactic and check out how it affects your team.

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2009, 17:21:38 »
I'd say the spine would be best moved by 1 "position" left and right but not more. The idea is not for your team to have ball possesion but for those goal chances that it does receive to be as deadly as possible. The full backs and wingers can run at the ball whenever possible though. In bad teams in the game they are the only fast ones anyway so it does not serve much to break spine/passing formation of the slower ones. Btw the central striker scored 90% of the goals when in strict centre shooting near left/right post at will.

So I've created something like this. Should I make this 'spine' in all sides or just in central?

Offline Guavl

• TRIAL
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2009, 10:42:43 »
Created - but still, I think, it needs a mastertouch.  :-\
Take it and tweak it if ya want.

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2009, 19:21:21 »
I could try when I get some real free time. I'm afraid I'm no tactic-making talent, for me it all came down to watching many games and moving this player a bit forward, this player a bit back... etc  :-\

Offline Oli O.

• Dirty juggler
  • Superstar
  • Mr. Bling Bling
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2009, 19:40:28 »
To be honest, I think watching matches is a big waste of time. For testing teams and/or tactics you should either play SWOS with your own hands or simulate results.