Author Topic: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update  (Read 140965 times)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update
« Reply #300 on: 27 June 2016, 16:02:01 »
Will there be no Messi in Argentina?  :o

If his retirement is 100%, then I guess he won't be included into the 16/17 national team.
But if you play career mode, and get to manage Argentina, you are free to call him up from Barcelona... ;)

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #301 on: 27 June 2016, 16:59:13 »
Nooo! SWOS is not pro-slavery! Messi must have some other/misc/custom nationality so you CANNOT call him ;)

Offline Gorzo

• PRO
« Reply #302 on: 28 June 2016, 17:05:46 »
MLS added :)

Offline Playaveli

• 'Sherlock'
  • Administrator
  • SWOS Legend
  • "SWOS - A way of life" (J.R.)
    • Visit me on Facebook
« Reply #303 on: 28 June 2016, 18:28:06 »
MLS added :)

Good job!

Assignments / status topic updated entirely:
http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241.0

(table includes beta status column & release version status now).

For those about to SWOS - We salute you
http://www.facebook.com/playaveli.swos

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #304 on: 29 June 2016, 07:40:08 »
And a much better visibility  ;D

Offline Paranormaljoe

• RES
« Reply #305 on: 03 July 2016, 14:30:08 »
the last update of my program in excel is

i give my dropbox for updates on real time

many things of the program can be change or fix

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fqtbdkwnpefzaw/Skill%20Generator%20%28transfermarkt%29%20v2.1.rar?dl=0

:D all speed is good :p d:

Offline Paranormaljoe

• RES
« Reply #306 on: 03 July 2016, 14:49:44 »
I think the rule should be added :  for europa http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/accesslist/index.html ranking list for club teams :
if between 1 and 5 of the 1. Spain england germany France and italy clubs are  swos volue x 1 = The last value..!
if between 6-10  Portugal Russia ukrania netherlans and belgium clubs  swos volue x 0,9 = The last value..!
if between 11-20  Switzerland turkey grece, chech rep., romania  aus cro cyrus poland israel swos volue x 0,8 = The last value..!
21 and others swos volue x 0,75 = The last value..!
___
and national teams uefa or fifa ranking and  again so that the..    8) 8) 8) ;)

Offline Paranormaljoe

• RES
« Reply #307 on: 03 July 2016, 14:54:42 »
Of course, but I wasn't talking about their prime... nor was I suggesting we abandon the price scheme.

The issue is that in real life price represents both skill and age while in SWOS it only represents skill, since SWOS players don't age.
It's only an issue in SWOS since there are great and cheap old players in all games where players age.
If I remember the players you named were still decent in SWOS, so the price probably reflects their post-serious-career skills :)

I'm sticking to the rules for this update, but I've seen that issue many times when I would do croatian league updates every year.
When a once-top player retires to such a weak league, he's often godlike in comparison to other players.
IRL his price will be the same as of his teammates or even much lower, simply because for players in their prime their price reflects skill, while for 35 year olds price represents but a fraction of their skill so in SWOS you may be forced to turn what is a really bad team with one quite decent player into a really bad team with one player that's even worse than the rest.

in japan legue :D ramon medina bello.. hmm dely valdes in psg 2,75 in panama 300 K ;:D

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #308 on: 05 July 2016, 09:24:46 »
I think the rule should be added :
21 and others swos volue x 0,75 = The last value..!

It's more likely the opposite should be added :) League/country reputation has a huge impact on player prices. Many players have gone worse during their careers but their prices grew by A LOT as they went from weaker leagues to top leagues. As a superstar player in Albanian league (no offense!) you'll only be worth a handful of peanuts. As soon as you get sold to premiership and play a decent season you'll have a respectable price many times over. It's not like you'll become 10x the player in a year :)

hmm dely valdes in psg 2,75 in panama 300 K ;:D

That is not really relevant to the text you quoted :) Also, it's terrible what they did with national (and many other) teams, regardless of the reason.

P.S. The generator says
"there is already data here, do you want to replace it"
YES
"0"

and then it freezes!
« Last Edit: 05 July 2016, 09:35:17 by Sida79 »

Offline BB

• TRIAL
« Reply #309 on: 05 July 2016, 22:15:48 »
I am not a good editor. I leave Malta domestic league and Malta National to you as good editors. I found in editor list that Malta is already done. Can I have a look and comment on it before it will be released? please, how? Thanks for you for including Malta in SWOS 16/17.

Offline BB

• TRIAL
« Reply #310 on: 05 July 2016, 22:33:59 »
From information circulating, newspapers etc - Maltese and foreign players (play in domestic league Malta) are priced around 5k to 60K (swos rating) but those who play outside Malta are priced more. Yearly money gate per team should be between 100k(inc prices of competition) to 30k for lower league position. These also includes other money gate from sponsorship. Expenses are high which counts to more than 100 k. Maltese players are good as Iceland but youngsters have difficulty to reach foreign professional squads. (money reason!)

Offline Rock and Roll

• Euroleague Enthousiast & Sensi Days 2016 Organizer
  • Management
  • SWOS Legend
« Reply #311 on: 06 July 2016, 07:39:11 »
@BB: I haven't started Malta yet so if you want to do it you may!
If you smell what the Rock is cooking....

Sensible Days 2016 (Almelo): XBLA SWOS Bronze Medallist

Offline djowger

• Goalscoring superstar hero!
  • Management
  • SWOS Legend
  • SWOS - The gameplay that never gets old.
« Reply #312 on: 06 July 2016, 13:23:53 »
Will there be no Messi in Argentina?  :o

If his retirement is 100%, then I guess he won't be included into the 16/17 national team.
But if you play career mode, and get to manage Argentina, you are free to call him up from Barcelona... ;)

Copa America is a preset competition in the game, so why not have the latest teams in this update as accurate as possible? Latest used formations and players. Same goes for the Euro 2016 of course (although a new format).
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 13:31:45 by djowger »

Offline Janko4

• TRIAL
« Reply #313 on: 07 July 2016, 13:40:33 »
Sida79 is right, and I completely disagree with Paranormaljoe. Players in lower leagues are underestimated. Example - Lászlo Bénes with value 300k was sold from Žilina (SVK) to Mönchengladbach (GER) for 2M (according to Žilina it was over 5,5M), and his value now is 500k on Transfermarket. He is the same player, just changed league, and his price is almost 100 % higher. So we should consider multiply values of smaller leagues with some coefficient.

Offline Sida79

• PRO
« Reply #314 on: 07 July 2016, 16:07:00 »
True, but that would be too difficult and would require a separate coefficient for each league.

In all honesty SWOS was very unfair to lower league players, and the transfermarkt method, with all it's imperfections (e.g. being unfair towards old players), is a big step forward in comparison.

SWOS is,  after all, an arcade game, so the differences between players with skills 0 and skills 7 are incredible. In real life they would all probably fit between skills 4-7!
Price table could've been tweaked so that skills rise faster which would mean only the cheapest players are totally useless and each skill point is worth it's weight in gold for more expensive players, but hey... all valid ideas for 30th anniversary update! :)