Questions & discussions

More
4 years 7 months ago #141796 by Playaveli
Anything not clear? Ask here... 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #141820 by Gorzo
When will be a table price?! :P

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #141823 by Playaveli
Use price table in skill generator 9.99!
Only thing to be corrected: Top GK price = 4.5M (so every goallkeeper which has 60M or more on transfermarkt.com = 4.5M!)

Careful: There are DIFFERENT price tables for every different role (GK, D, RB LB, M, LW RW, A)

• Kanchelskis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #141845 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Re: Questions & discussions
Just a suggestion: don t use transfermarkt parameters to generate skills, player skills are random and based on his market values. A youngster is already a superstar compared to a strong 30yrs old player while he has maybe everything to demonstrate. Also players playing in England, Spain, Germany and Italy are way stronger than someone on the same level playing in Scotland. Generally talking teams are overrated and gamplay become easier.
A better way is to have FIFA or PES or FM skills value and convert it into actual SWOS value (i.e. if a player is rated 80 in FIFA, in SWOS is 2mln).

Another thing I found broken is that 4-2-4 module is used for quite every team that field a 4-2-3-1 module. Totally wrong, the first one is a very attacking old module you can use when you are losing, while the second one is a very equilibrated and defensive module, more similar to a 4-5-1.
Both the main modules widely used today are a 4-5-1: modern 4-3-3 is actually more a 4-5-1 where the side forwards are not attackers but wings often involved in defense; 4-2-3-1 even worse.
When you have in SWOS two teams using a 4-2-4 is so easy to pass through midfield and score bunches of goals, most of all if you are Barça and playing against a weak team with that module.

Just my two cents.

More
4 years 7 months ago #141846 by sensibleswos
I know that you have to have different ways of updating in order to keep the game updated with today standards. Sadly I won t be helping on the updates as I find the new ways confusing. I still use 0-7 7-15 skills like original data. I hope to see new swos with updated league structures and new national leagues. From what I ve seen so far you have all done an amazing job, I understand the time and effort you have given it. Will you be adding a new swos editor? from what I ve read and seen on the things you ve added or like to add it s going to need one. Looking forward to swos 2020.

More
4 years 7 months ago #141848 by Playaveli
Updates will never be perfect!
With the new rules we will surely do a better job as on 16/17 which was a great effort I think, with many people contributing.

Especially this will make sure to balance it to a 96/97 feeling:
Skill range: 0-7

- Maximum skill points possible: 555 (Italy 96/97)
- Maximum total speed points per team: 82 (Italy   Barca of 96/97)
- Maximum of 7 players with 4.5 stars or more (Italy 96/97)
- Maximum players with Speed 7 = 8 players per team (Barcelona 96/97)
- Maximum goalkeeper prize = 4.5 M

Armando s skill gen 9.99 does a great job in taking different positions into regard when it comes to price/skill calculation, also age factor!

@ Kanchelskis: FIFA or PES? WTF no.... :P ;D

• petarku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #141851 by petarku
Replied by petarku on topic Re: Questions & discussions
playaveli what is the formula he is using for age ? we should know it if we are not using armando s excel or it is mandatory ?
while i can understand why we have different formula for different positions for expensive players , I dont understand why the formula is different for the cheaper players.. (RB in LB under 1m) ? what is logic behind that ?

More
4 years 7 months ago #141855 by armandojimenez
Hi

age in excel work:

31 = value x 1.25
32- 34 = value x 1.5
35-37 = value x 2
38-39 = value x 2.5
40-50 = value x 3

you can use manually with a calculator

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #141856 by armandojimenez
if we want teams with the limit of 96-97, we need diferents tables, in swos 96-97 players rb,lb and lw, rw not have hight values like A , lw and rw some cracks players

check real madrid
swos.gazchap.com/index.php?teamid=1040
barcelona
swos.gazchap.com/index.php?teamid=124

this is real madrid with the excel
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/239363794...86328761/unknown.png
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/239363794...58170900/unknown.png

this automatic, only change hazard per A and modric add , because price is low and 33 years, benzema per jovic 1-11
and down speed too, no all automatic per 80% yes

the tables per role can be changed, you can test this for find the best values from transfermark to swos
maybe D , VARANE 70M must be 6 M not 8M, but all is test

www.dropbox.com/s/jt0ibfz2rqwrrt7/Simple...0Generador.xlsm?dl=0

More
4 years 7 months ago #141897 by Playaveli
PM sent to all editors to a private Discord server!
Contains info on where to upload team files.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds