Gameplay differences between Sensible Soccer / SWOS ?

• sensipla
  • sensipla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #121738 by sensipla
@Olesio
Sorry for ignoring you in my last post, after clicking on Show new replies to your posts. I skipped directly to Synchro s post and did not read yours. Thank you for your help!
I will check the sites and your pack, it is what I had been looking for :)

ad adfs and masochism
I grew up on Amiga 500 without a harddrive and played (and finished) games like Fate of Atlantis or Monkey Island: Le Chucks Revenge, both with 11 floppies ;D FOA have horrible slowdowns on 7 MHz in some stages that is almost unaplayble even with a hard drive on a 7MHz Amiga. And to this date I still use old Amiga 500 with a single floppy drive, so this is not something I would call a problem. Bad is if adf versions cause desynches frequently ???

Of course, the gameplay was so great and varied, and this was perhaps because of these things, and this in turn created a (still) beautiful illusion where the imagination fills in the gaps. It s a large part of the original game s genius I think.

I like old Sensi too, it requires different (not saying more or less) skills than SWOS and it is basically a different game imo. And those memories :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #121752 by olesio
@MlLANlSTA: ofcourse in old times we play at my friend Amiga 600 most from dikiettes. He own only small 20 MB hard disk. And WHDLoad did not exists in these times and not too many game had HD installers. Ofcourse in this time is good idea - in my opinion - to spend some time and money to buy memory expansion for Amiga 1200, hard disk on CF card, install WB 3.1, insert extension and HDD and launch many cool games in easy and fast way.

Ofcourse if you have non extended Amiga you must play most games from adf transfered to floppies. But even in this case, hard disk is very useful to keep adfs and TSGui to transfer them and other additional soft like DOPUS to manage files. But on PC under emulator really all should teach how to play from emulated HDD and do not mess with adf which only sometimes cause problems and furry ;)

• sensipla
  • sensipla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #121757 by sensipla
Any Amiga except A500 needs its caps to be replaced sooner or later, you can buy 4MB or 8MB RAM expansion card for A500 and there will be ACA500 available soon. No need for using anything else than A500- the best Amiga and the best machine ever made!

P. S. Of course I am a Rock Lobster fanboi ;D

More
7 years 11 months ago #132719 by Playaveli
@ Kroah:

Still going to disassemble Sensi/SWOS?

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds