How much control in penalty shootouts? Or just based on player feats vs GK?

More
9 years 11 months ago #124002 by captaincofresi
Just played a World Cup 2014 session offline, and had an interesting penalty shootout with Holland (me) vs. England that ended in 18-17 :o win for me. Therefore I was wondering how much control is there actually in the penalty shootouts? Or is it just based on players feats like Finishing , the star rating and the goalkeepers (GK) star rating? And will it then just be a bit of a lottery, with a slight advantage for teams who have the above feats?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #124004 by djowGer
I think it is a mix of lottery and players finishing. If you just do the shot to either of the sides, that would be the safest pick. However there are other posibilities. You can also try and pass it in, after a side to side move. Works sometimes, but more risky.

On normal penalties you can also pull this one off, if timing and everything is just right (not on penalty shootouts):

More
9 years 11 months ago #124070 by captaincofresi
Thanks, and heading in the rebound from a penalty during the match looks good :).

More
9 years 11 months ago #124073 by Playaveli

More
9 years 5 months ago #126615 by sokratees9
From my experience with penalties in SWOS, I rarely, rarely beat the CPU, regardless of team strengths. Although I do like to think that I normally beat weaker teams in normal time, therefore avoiding the need for penalties, and that s the reason I lose against the CPU, as normally it is a strong team.

But going to penalties to me is akin to losing the game. Am I missing something? I do score most penalties, it s just the CPU rarely misses, or my goalie never saves.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds