Re: Amiga SWOS-Total Pack V1.5.2 (2012-12-10) - Amiga SWOS Online Integration

• jonny1409
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #116934 by jonny1409
Hi starwinz,

I ve actually tried this but I don t have that line in my config to uncomment out.
Do you maybe have a more up to date version of the file I can use?

I m wondering if I maybe update the version of WINUAE on the Wii this would give me a new config file with this line in?

Obviously I m no expert, but I ll certainly have a look into it and update here.

Thanks for your help so far, I really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116936 by starwindz
@jonny1409
Actually, I do not have Wii but I think that the total-pack generated .hdf file can be easily mounted in WiiUAE.
Please just add the following line(an example) to uaerc.wii.
hardfile2=rw,DH0:/uae/harddisks/swos.hdf,32,1,2,512,0

Also, how about googling by the keyword such as Loading a HDF in WiiUAE ? The result I have found is wiibrew.org/wiki/UAE_Wii
No pain, no gain... :)

• jonny1409
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #116939 by jonny1409
Thanks starwindz - I ll try adding that line.

Also, believe it or not but I ve done no end of googling this problem, with all variations of keywords but I end up stuck.
You ll notice on that link you send that the word hdf doesn t even appear on the page.

I think it boils down to the fact that I don t have workbench installed on the Winuae which means it doesn t give me a desktop as such.
It looks like I ll need this in order to mount this hdf file.

My investigations continue, but thanks for your help so far.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116974 by DoTa
Thx Starwindz at first. :)

Some suggestions if its not so hard work.

A fullwindow mode with 720x480 8bit Linemode = double would be nice. Also remove this information window: This program does not start on stand alone. (or similar) Thats why my windowsbar shows on bottom if i not press fast enough. *Edit* Its a message from in_game_access_p.exe on a win7 x64 platform

And a quick server or quick p2p button would be nice.

Atm i have to click min. 5 times to get a game a bit ennoying ;).

And finally Exit UAE dont work if i host or hoster leave the game.

But well done.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116976 by olesio
DoTa: you can always try my launcher originally written for RANDAPEK s polish custom disk. Install is small and available at: olesio.eu/plaswos_setup.exe - launcher is written in pure WinAPI, have manifest included to ask about admin rights on modern systems with UAC enabled. And it is in both languages Polish and English. I recommand you always use With P2P client mode. It is better even for server matches because you can easy manage with servers list. Also you can launch Server / P2P game in my opinion really fast. My launcher emulate clicks on needed tabs in WinUAE Kaillera, making launching game a little bit faster. And it emulate click on stop to avoid crash on non P2P client when start downloading not working server list. I sended source code of this launcher to starwindz so maybe he find some time to add some features to next version of Amiga Total Pack.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116979 by DoTa
olesio: Ty. Is really fast. But i cant play with this keyboard design :(. Need to have firebutton on ctrl left, else i cant play xD.

Btw if someone try plaswos_setup.exe download this before: sensiblesoccer.de/dev/app/webroot/files/Setup_ASWOS2.exe and install in same folder.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116980 by djowGer

olesio: Ty. Is really fast. But i cant play with this keyboard design :(. Need to have firebutton on ctrl left, else i cant play xD.

hi dota.. if using normal online package, and still in need of changing left/right crtl button use this: www.swos.pl/download/dodatki/lcontrolrcontrol.exe

Btw I totally agree with this:

I recommand you always use With P2P client mode. It is better even for server matches because you can easy manage with servers list.

If possible we should remove kaillera from initial program menus alltogether, since it is more confusing than helping. Make one button, call it play online and let it launch p2p/kaillera, and launch chat room right away. Just my 2 cents..

More
11 years 2 months ago #116981 by DoTa

hi dota.. if using normal online package, and still in need of changing left/right crtl button use this: www.swos.pl/download/dodatki/lcontrolrcontrol.exe

Btw I totally agree with this:

I recommand you always use With P2P client mode. It is better even for server matches because you can easy manage with servers list.

If possible we should remove kaillera from initial program menus alltogether, since it is more confusing than helping. Make one button, call it play online and let it launch p2p/kaillera, and launch chat room right away. Just my 2 cents..

ty

More
11 years 2 months ago #116982 by Retrieving

And a quick server or quick p2p button would be nice.

Atm i have to click min. 5 times to get a game a bit ennoying ;).

1st World problem right there.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116984 by olesio
@DoTa: if you need keyboard remap, you can try my program available at:
olesio.eu/amiga_swos_remapping_keys.exe
I send it to @starwindz some time ago, so maybe he will include it in next release of Amiga Total Pack.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds