Re: Amiga SWOS-Total Pack V1.5.2 (2012-12-10) - Amiga SWOS Online Integration

More
11 years 9 months ago #111751 by tomek85fcb
Hi!
I have a problem, after installing Swos-Total Pack 1.33.
I get the following screen after start Swos.
I tried to reinstall it and unpacked to location named without space character ( www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to....msg111718#msg111718 )
Does anyone help me ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #111753 by starwindz

Hi!
I have a problem, after installing Swos-Total Pack 1.33.
I get the following screen after start Swos.
I tried to reinstall it and unpacked to location named without space character
Does anyone help me ?

Very weird. I got a same error if the folder name has space characters but it works properly with none-space characters folder. So please let me know the EXACT FOLDER LOCATION the total pack installed? I will test it in the same condition for solving this issue. And please give it a try to run the Amiga SWOS-Total pack in the folder which name is very simple such as c:\games\swos .

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #111759 by Gray
put in for a test ~~~
thank you ~ :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #111778 by starwindz
Beta Testers Wanted for Total Pack integrated Amiga SWOS Online(Amiga SWOS-Total Pack V1.3)
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=21669.0

Total Pack integrated Amiga SWOS Online(Amiga SWOS-Total Pack V1.3) - Preview 3
* A feature of new controller setup

More
11 years 9 months ago #111779 by dimetrodon
As S have function in the game, in our local games we prefer IJKL + F as Fire when we must use one keyboard for two players, as this is a combination where you don t use any of the special keys (P, S, R, H).

More
11 years 9 months ago #111789 by tomek85fcb
Thanks for help, with short path: C:\games\swos, everything works! :D

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #111794 by starwindz

As S have function in the game, in our local games we prefer IJKL + F as Fire when we must use one keyboard for two players, as this is a combination where you don t use any of the special keys (P, S, R, H).

I just forgot the presence of special keys(P, S, R, H). :) Thank you for your comment. BTW what is the keyboard layout of another player for two players? And any other keyboard layouts for 1 or 2 players that you can recommend?

More
11 years 9 months ago #111796 by dimetrodon
Thanks for your question. In such settings we always use:
For player1: 4 arrows + RCtrl
For player2: IJKL + F

IJKL+F fits with the requirements: as sepatrate as possible from the 4 arrows, about same shape as 4 arrows , no special keys, no problematic keys (like y/z which are in different place on English and German/Hungarian keyboard layout), no accented keys like é which could be good on Hungarian layout (OKLÉ) but not on any other.

(Numbers can be problematic in some keyboards, the bottom letters XCVBNM not good as middle line letters as forward are more shifted to the left make it less 4arrow like, and all other settings have at least one special key.)

IJKL+F can be used on QWERTY (English), on QWERTZ (German/Central eu.) and on AZERTY (French) layaout too.

Two side note:
1. Many players when first face with the fact that we use letters for player2 ask what if we plug a second keyboard on USB (first can be either PS/2 or USB), and use 4arrows for both players. It seems good idea for a second, but if you plug 2 or 3 or any number of keyboards, the computer can not know on which keyboard was a key pressed :) so it not help with such issues. (But we do plug a second keyboard as to make it more comfortable, but on one keyboard letters should use.) OFC a keypad can solve the issue, but not all PC have gameport, and not always we have/had kaypad. :)
2. IJKL+F not much but a bit less confortable, especially for the first time (after some games it is 98% same). So to make it more fair always the home player (decided by SWoS eg.) have the right to choose between Arrows and IJKL.

More
11 years 9 months ago #111824 by starwindz

Thanks for your question. In such settings we always use:
For player1: 4 arrows + RCtrl
For player2: IJKL + F

IJKL+F fits with the requirements: as sepatrate as possible from the 4 arrows, about same shape as 4 arrows , no special keys, no problematic keys (like y/z which are in different place on English and German/Hungarian keyboard layout), no accented keys like é which could be good on Hungarian layout (OKLÉ) but not on any other.

(Numbers can be problematic in some keyboards, the bottom letters XCVBNM not good as middle line letters as forward are more shifted to the left make it less 4arrow like, and all other settings have at least one special key.)

IJKL+F can be used on QWERTY (English), on QWERTZ (German/Central eu.) and on AZERTY (French) layaout too.

Two side note:
1. Many players when first face with the fact that we use letters for player2 ask what if we plug a second keyboard on USB (first can be either PS/2 or USB), and use 4arrows for both players. It seems good idea for a second, but if you plug 2 or 3 or any number of keyboards, the computer can not know on which keyboard was a key pressed :) so it not help with such issues. (But we do plug a second keyboard as to make it more comfortable, but on one keyboard letters should use.) OFC a keypad can solve the issue, but not all PC have gameport, and not always we have/had kaypad. :)
2. IJKL+F not much but a bit less confortable, especially for the first time (after some games it is 98% same). So to make it more fair always the home player (decided by SWoS eg.) have the right to choose between Arrows and IJKL.

Thank you very much for your comments. I really did not know there are such limitations in some keyboard layouts except for IJKL+F. For PC SWOS, changing keyboard layout to IJKL+F is very easy as you know but it is very difficult for Amiga version. So I have to program some keyboard hooking codes for this. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #111825 by dimetrodon
Yes, PC with SWOS++ is easy as hell. (It is easy indeed.)

WinUAE was a bit difficult, some years ago I made a config. file to map the keys in the current online version (not in the TotalPack but may work) as IJKL+F.

The relevant part:

input.config=1
input.joymouse_speed_analog=20
input.joymouse_speed_digital=10
input.joymouse_deadzone=33
input.joystick_deadzone=33
input.autofire=10
input.1.joystick.0.axis.0=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.1=JOY1_VERT.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.1.axis.0=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.1.joystick.1.axis.1=JOY1_VERT.0
input.1.joystick.1.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.1.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.1.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.1.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.1.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.1.keyboard.0.F=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.I=JOY1_UP.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.J=JOY1_LEFT.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.K=JOY1_DOWN.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.L=JOY1_RIGHT.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.LEFT_CONTROL=JOY2_FIRE_BUTTON.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.RIGHT_CONTROL=JOY2_FIRE_BUTTON.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.CURSOR_UP=JOY2_UP.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.CURSOR_DOWN=JOY2_DOWN.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.CURSOR_LEFT=JOY2_LEFT.0,NULL
input.1.keyboard.0.CURSOR_RIGHT=JOY2_RIGHT.0,NULL

input.2.joystick.0.axis.0=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.2.joystick.0.axis.1=JOY1_VERT.0
input.2.joystick.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.2.joystick.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.2.joystick.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.2.joystick.1.axis.0=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.2.joystick.1.axis.1=JOY1_VERT.0
input.2.joystick.1.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.2.joystick.1.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.2.joystick.1.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.axis.0=MOUSE1.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.2.mouse.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0

There is a known issue. After you start it, you have to press F12 and under Input, you have to set Axis 1 to none.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds