Re: Amiga SWOS Public Beta 2015

More
8 years 7 months ago #129977 by Redhair

In match to chat. Which PC u r using?

Can t imagine how you chat with IRC when you are in a match, especially in fullscreen. Alt+Tab? I m using Win7x64 but I m really not interested in ChatZilla as you need Firefox installed.

Did u test compabilty with older versions? U have to enabled to choose disks. (* .adf, *.hdf) and change (*.uae) for new disks.

No, and it s really not my intention to keep compatibilty at all as I want a pure client without any special modes or mods or updates, even the disk updater is just a temporary solution.

Im looking for Tool for Newbies. Cause i knew, it was really complicated to get all settings right, and everywhere a data was missing etc. So i wanna have a Beginners Friendly program. Confusing f.ex. : Why extra minimize, maximize button extra and not in windowbar. :) And some love, probably color. But this is really the last think. Its just FrontEnd.

I was really focussed on tabs lobby and options, for everything else I used those little buttons and some of them are even useless and this might be confusing, but it s unfinished. For now the design is inspired by Miranda and WinUAEXP, tools I m using for 10+ years, so you can say it s a personal style but this might change in future with other themes as add-ons but this has no priority for now.

Win 7 x64. Okay if u r sure. But than your Statusbar is doin something. Its flickering if u checked Auto.

Hm, using same OS but get no flickering bars. Seems to be an optical bug which I am not able to reproduce for now.

New bug. If u close Host. U cant click Kaillera anymore. This green Head at the bottom.

For now you should use that little EXIT button on the top right of the host/client window, otherwise you don t really leave p2p and so Kaillera remains disabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129994 by djowGer
You can use ChatZilla standalone using the Xulrunner version (i think it is version total pack uses, but im not sure) chatzilla.rdmsoft.com/xulrunner/
I have been using this for quite some time as a freeware alternative to mIRC. Works fine for me.

More
8 years 6 months ago #130708 by SASY
Sasy: well guys, nice job. but, i saw that in game, p2p, in this way , i gave a higher ping and frames delay respect the normal p2p game ! some times was unplayble. repeat , i saw that , when play normal p2p , old version, ping and frames delay was not high like this new version. other wrong, somtimes, lobbu list doesnt refresh

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #130712 by barnettgs
I have to say that I m impressed with it.

When using it for this evening s beta version, the matches just fly by very quickly! As soon as I finish playing, I click host to wait and most of the time, it took less than a minute to have someone joining in and starting the game. Of course, once most matches are played then it is just a matter of waiting to play last game or two.

Beside using it for amiga leagues, I can also see that it is very useful for some quick funcups or group stages, not having to wait for ages trying to find someone available in the chatroom/arranging matches using the old swos packs.

Regarding the connection, I can not discern any difference from the old packs and all seems fine.

Just a few pointers:

When you are hosting - do not browse the internet, viewing the results/league tables or downloading etc because a player will join you unexpectedly and the game is starting automatically (if you leave click here when ready on by default). So if you are browsing the internet, it may affect p2p ping time calculation when the player joined in and game started automatically.

No need to talk - you can just host but also keep refreshing list just in case to see if anyone else you want to play, could be hosting instead. However, it was non-issue today.

Arrange private game function - although I haven t used it but leaving it ticked, would not update the list so you would have to untick/tick it again, to refresh the list of players. But then, the functions worked great above, not sure what is private game function is for. :)

Overall, great job! :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #130714 by Playaveli
It really worked fine. Great work so far!
With many players being able to play p2p (port forwarded), it works quickly. It s a great improvement. No need to ask for any IP. Simple click join.

Suggestions for now, what can be improved:
- Auto-update save disc, enabled by default, or maybe by hosting/joining game routine.
- Refreshing lobby should work automatic, every few seconds or even in real-time.
- Constantly display online members in the lobby, even if they not host a game. Not only by clicking private .
- Maybe a little chat inside the lobby? To chat with the players who are online.
- Launcher needs a SWOS look.
- Get rid of the music. Or use SWOS menu sound instead.

More
8 years 6 months ago #130715 by DoTa

Second program feedback should be here ;D:

+everythings work well
+even with bad ping it was smoother than aswos or plaswos
+for funcups really cool cause u can just open a game and wait
+fullscreen integrated
+left=right control integrated
+u dont have to restart whole program after finish a game

-NO CHAT IN GAME (i have to scream xD)
-sound funny (but not necessary, i searching as fast as possible to click sound off, atleast turn down the music a bit)
-other fullscreen mode prefer (720x576 see below)
-if u host a game would be nice if u see yourself in list (good feedback for your eyes)
-everything what can be automated should be automated from start (savedisk and left=right control)

nice to have:
- that u can allow specific user to join or not to join, so u dont have to scare someone comes in your hosted game

I dont like the diffrent borders on left and right side on 800x600 and was testing with Randapek and he has also 720x576 resolution, but because of the bigger players. So these are 2 reason for 720x576 resolution.
My plaswos resolution options:

gfx_framerate=1
gfx_width=720
gfx_height=576
gfx_refreshrate=0
gfx_vsync=false
gfx_lores=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_correct_aspect=false
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true
gfx_fullscreen_picasso=false
gfx_center_horizontal=none
gfx_center_vertical=none
gfx_colour_mode=16bit
gfx_opengl=false
gfx_opengl_vert_zoom=0
gfx_opengl_horiz_zoom=0
gfx_opengl_vert_offset=0
gfx_opengl_horiz_offset=0
gfx_opengl_scanlines=0
gfx_opengl_scanlinelevel=0
gfx_opengl_scanlineratio=17
gfx_opengl_bits=16bit
gfx_opengl_mode=linear

More
8 years 6 months ago #130719 by barnettgs

- Refreshing lobby should work automatic, every few seconds or even in real-time.

I suppose, providing that it doesn t affect the connection for gameplay. :P

More
8 years 6 months ago #130723 by Playaveli

I suppose, providing that it doesn t affect the connection for gameplay. :P

It should stop refreshing in the moment you start a game.

More
8 years 6 months ago #130724 by Zarathustra
Am I the only one who experienced the sound problem?

In lobby music is very loud but in game I have to turn the volume to the maximum to hear very low sound.

Imagine situation when i restart the game with max voulume and music from lobby! XD

Does anyone have idea what is happening?

More
8 years 5 months ago #130730 by Playaveli
Another really good thing:
- No need to swap anymore.

Was sometimes annoying and hard to explain for new players, pressing F12, swap etc...

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds