Re: SWOS-Total Pack (V1.07-Pre1) released.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125049 by Playaveli
My suggestion: Buy an old usb gamepad with only 2 buttons and without analog sticks!!! 1 Euro at ebay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lincolndj
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125050 by lincolndj
thanks for the reply dude, I already have 4 cheap USB PS imitation gamepads, that were only about £3 each - but they are awful to use, d-pad buttons were flaky as hell and eventually hurt my fingers! - hence would have preferred to use the DS3 pad.

It may be that I end up buying a half-decent PC game pad.

any recommendations guys? bear in mind I ll literally only be playing SWOS with it so don t wanna spend silly money lol

Cheers,
Adam.

More
  • lincolndj
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125055 by lincolndj
looks decent, cheers

• LordLarry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125086 by LordLarry
Hi All,

I am absolutely wrapped I found this site and the Totalpack.
I guess I haven t played Swos in 14yrs. Was always dreading the DOSbox configuration.

Now what a joy! This is working for me out-of-the box.
I got Win8.1, latest PC hardware and a Logitech Rumblepad. It all works, sound and all.
Normally, you post in forums to ask about stuff that doesn t work. Not today.

Here I am playing a 36-team custom tournament with Real Madrid and just won against
York City. What a blast! (OK, I am a bit rusty. Won only 2:0. Need to polish my skills.) ;)

Guys, thanks you so much!

Cheers
Lord Larry

• lincolndj
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125089 by lincolndj
glad to hear it larry! I too now have everything working 100% (except expanded 1.52 version crashes at the end of first career season)

The reason mine wasn t working was because I had space bar mapped to fire button, so every time i pressed fire on the joypad it was saving to highlights! removed the mapping, all fine now - even with the DS3 pad! :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #125120 by barnettgs

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/gravis-eliminator-Gamepad-Pro-/231281374398

Is Gravis Eliminator s d-pad a floating pad?

It is hard to tell it just by looking at the picture of it. I just saw a review saying that its d-pad is more like a pad bolted on the top of an anlogue stick, I guess that is different from the floating d-pad

I have Logitech Rumblepad 2 and it has floating d-pad which I kept finding myself pressed wrong direction...e.g. instead of top, I pressed top-left, something like that and hard to tell which direction my thumb is resting on. It is also difficult to go straight from top-left to bottom-right without touching the other directions, which in effect would be like a circular-like motion.

From reading other forum post that a guy thinks that circle pads are inferior to true cross pads and I think he has a point, I m also looking into gamepads with cross pads. Maybe with an exception of Gravis gamepads.

Interested to know your opinions here. :)

• lincolndj
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125131 by lincolndj
Don t know if this is the same thing, but I found trying to play sensi with the PS3 analogue stick quite difficult. Much easier once I d got the D-pad working!

More
9 years 8 months ago #125137 by barnettgs
Ok I m looking into a classic SNES gamepad and also PS2 Dualshock.

I m wondering if PS d-pad works well with swos, especially with up/left, down/left etc which means two direction buttons have to be pressed at the same time.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125138 by Playaveli
My top suggestion for gamepad players:
- Original Gravis Gamepad + USB Adapter! ;)

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds