Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

More
9 years 7 months ago #125618 by King D.A.

I don t understand one thing... Is this project dead?

The project is not dead, but it takes much longer to get it to the next level.
Especially the new match engine takes some time (and much more brain power).
And the new UI in XNA took some time as well.

So its still a long path to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125622 by Emmeti

Thanks for replying.
Good to know the project is not dead.

Last week I tried your application, except a little problem about the calendar (looked disabled and appearance was the default one) everything else was ok, just great!
I am not a fan of football manager games, but I really like your project (maybe I like it just because I like swos ;D ).

Months ago I considered starting a similar .net project (way way smaller than yours, it was more about connecting to an online db with list of updated players to use in custom leagues), well, honestly, just considered... :)
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of c# and I just know a little about vb (just very simple stuff), not enough for a project like that for sure and your work makes me realise what skills are actually required.

Especially the new match engine takes some time (and much more brain power).
And the new UI in XNA took some time as well.

So its still a long path to go.

Yes, sure, I understand, it s not exacly a thing you do in 5 minutes ... :)
Great job so far.

Thanks for your time.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125645 by King D.A.

Thanks for replying.
Good to know the project is not dead.

Last week I tried your application, except a little problem about the calendar (looked disabled and appearance was the default one) everything else was ok, just great!
I am not a fan of football manager games, but I really like your project (maybe I like it just because I like swos ;D ).

Months ago I considered starting a similar .net project (way way smaller than yours, it was more about connecting to an online db with list of updated players to use in custom leagues), well, honestly, just considered... :)
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of c# and I just know a little about vb (just very simple stuff), not enough for a project like that for sure and your work makes me realise what skills are actually required.

Its not about skill, its about knowledge. :)
C# and .NET offer so much potential that you just need to use.
If you can get a copy of Visual Studio 2010 or 2012, just take it, you wont regret it.
Espcially the features like Generic Lists, Linq and Lamba expression will be a breeze to work with (especially working with classes get much easier).
And to be honest, the Version 2 of my manager is crappy compared to the new version.
So you learn with every project and will be better over the time. :)

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125660 by Emmeti

Its not about skill, its about knowledge. :)
C# and .NET offer so much potential that you just need to use.
If you can get a copy of Visual Studio 2010 or 2012, just take it, you wont regret it.
Espcially the features like Generic Lists, Linq and Lamba expression will be a breeze to work with (especially working with classes get much easier).
And to be honest, the Version 2 of my manager is crappy compared to the new version.
So you learn with every project and will be better over the time. :)

Yes, I meant knowledge when I wrote skills, you re right , sorry :)

Actually I am not studying VB or C# (and too old to start now) and I am not asking for advice, but I understand what you re talking about so...thanks for the advice! ;D
By the way I create small (very very simple) applications now and then for some of my friends (for personal use or small small business).
Awful code, obviously.
I use the express edition by the way (I can t afford VS and I think I don t even need it for my projects at the moment).

About my project (let s call it idea more than project) maybe I ll post it on this forum in the future, we ll see.

Well, I am curious now... Especially to see the XNA UI.

• maharaja
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #128324 by maharaja
Replied by maharaja on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
I just discovered this today, and it is a huge shock! I play SWOS for years (or, decades) and this is something I dreamed about. Hope this project will live. It is one of those rare piece of software I would be very happy to pay for (or donate).

This project has so much potential!

• maharaja
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #128333 by maharaja
So, in case the guy who made this manager is still interested in this, here are some suggestions after a day and half of playing.

-Do not add new features! It is already features rich. Instead, it needs balancing and fine-tuning. And stability, so that you know that if you play 10 seasons that it would still be playable.

Few examples:

Top players should only be bought by the richest teams. I got offers for Thiago Silva by some unknown teams. So transfer market needs some rewriting and new algorithm. Perhaps get some statistics from the internet on how many players top teams sells and buys every year.

Also, the richest teams should have the money, and it should be really easy to play with them.

The richest teams controlled by ai should buy the best talents, to keep them at the top in the future seasons.

THe way ai results are calculated needs balancing. Strikers should score LESS goals. In my half-season Destro (not playing for me) scored 20 goals! And in general, strikers are scoring too many goals, as if they are all Ronaldo and Messi.

-Possible bug:
Injuries from SWOS are not reflected in manager.

• zaraustra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #132460 by zaraustra
Replied by zaraustra on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
News? Does anyone know when the new version is coming out? ::)

• maharaja
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #132472 by maharaja
probably never. I think that the project is dead : (

• zaraustra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #136382 by zaraustra
Replied by zaraustra on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
can anyone tell me if I can turn swos file in smf file and how I can do it

• AndaleO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138230 by AndaleO
Replied by AndaleO on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
Hallo zusammen...
Ich finde den swos manager hammer
Ich würde aber eine swos manager editor version benötigen die das future data convert hat...
Ich möchte die data 96/97 importieren und leider hat der editor in der aktuellen version diesen future nicht mehr....vielleicht kann mir jemand helfen...
Vielen dank

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds