Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #93077 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
agreed, it s shaping up nicely... perhaps the central bar (next match bar) could benefit from being in a much larger font?

more importantly though, would it be possible to select/change the currency in-game? not being able to work in £ is v.v.difficult...

sorry to say it, but really need to trade in pounds here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93219 by King D.A.
Update in the first post.

Here are some changes:
- new design
- added the possiblity to add up to three key attributes for each footballer (influences training)
- condition now influences the exhaustion of footballer
- reduced the maintance costs for the stadium
- increased max. stadium capacity to 100.000
- fixed some bugs
- all save games are still compatible (could take some time when loading your savegame for the first time)
- you need administrator rights to install the font

more importantly though, would it be possible to select/change the currency in-game? not being able to work in £ is v.v.difficult...

Normally .NET should take the CultureInfo from your System and add the currency.
It does the same with the words for the Calendars.
Might be another .NET bug.
Simlpe think that the euro symbol is a pound symbol, cos the money values are far away from reality. ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93229 by Mozg
Today I ve finished Polish league data, but now I see that I have to re-edit it... Will do it if I ll have some free time :)

Edit: Option Create new footballer in the updated version seems not to work...

More
13 years 5 months ago #93261 by King D.A.

Today I ve finished Polish league data, but now I see that I have to re-edit it... Will do it if I ll have some free time :)

Edit: Option Create new footballer in the updated version seems not to work...

thats what haunted me in my sleep. Forgot to redo the function.
ATM the key attributes are random generated, i think i will change it to template style, cos sometimes it is a bit frustrating.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93266 by King D.A.
Next Update:
- Key attributes are now based on templates
- Now you can generate a stadium for a club (instead of doing it on your own)
- Changing the poisiton of a footballer changes the key attributes as well
- All old save games (.sms) and editor saves (.smf) are still compatible

www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?...64.msg92272#msg92272

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93284 by Mozg
Hi. I have some question: Are you able to create program that could import data about players from .CSV files? There is possibility to export data from Football Manager database to .CSV files, so it will be possible to create even all football world in relatively short time! Then you could create realistic competitions (Champions League, Europa League and so on), as well as competitions for national teams. Or maybe there is possibility to get data straight from FM database, or another game or anywhere :) I just think that now you are few steps from creating game that I d dreaming about for a long time - realistic football manager with easily updatable data compatibile with our beloved SWOS! :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #93286 by Synchronated
Until FM Genie Scout 2011 comes out there is AFAIK no way to export FM 2011 data to csv. Other scout utilities either don t do it or do it with errors that would be difficult to correct. Could come out tomorrow, might not for a while.

I have however got a csv with all FIFA11 s data in it, and have converted it all to SWOS terms - see the Synchronated Updates thread.

More
13 years 5 months ago #93288 by Mozg
Last FIFA I ve seen was something about 2002, so I don t know anything about size of FIFA database, but of course it will be also great idea to export data from FIFA to SWOS Manager. It is just needed any simple way to get necessary data from anywhere, and we will have the ideal game :)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93289 by Synchronated
It has many, many leagues and is more accurate than FM in some ways (I have only tried to update 4 teams from FM2011, patched and up-to-date - Italian Serie A teams at that, not anything obscure - and already found several out-of-date transfers, one amazingly from August 2009...I didn t find this encouraging at all, and the FIFA db is relatively impressive IMO, regardless of the game itself).

I m making a full 10-11 update from it and filling in the few leagues it doesn t have with other sources.

But this will only be 16 players per team. The file includes more than that, has the full squads and would make a good source for an import for SWOSM2.
synchronated.110mb.com/FIFAData.zip

(King, remember that 0 = 8, 7 = 15, etc. :) )

I wouldn t do this if you plan to sell the game or anything though.

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #93291 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

Normally .NET should take the CultureInfo from your System and add the currency.
It does the same with the words for the Calendars.
Might be another .NET bug.
Simlpe think that the euro symbol is a pound symbol, cos the money values are far away from reality. ;)

tinkered around with my local settings, it works... thanks for the tip-off.
totally agree with you re: unrealistic player values, could this be rectified in some way?

King D.A., I think you mixed up the player attributes. Your order in the SWOS Manager is listed as V C H S T P F, but in reality they are P V H T C S F.
Apologies if I missed something obvious.

Don´t worry, they will be ordered right when used for SWOS. :)
I choosed these order to show that V C H are standard attributes, while S T P F are special atttributes for each class of footballer (S for Goalkeeper, T for Defense, P for Midfielder and F for attackers).
That means a Attacker gets faster higher values in F then a Midfielder.

in the player attributes, we know that COT = CONTROL...

but what does CON/condition actually mean... is it physique? how does it influence the other skills- is it similar to consistency or form?

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds