Re: Play PC SWOS online

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #67080 by FLegby
Play PC SWOS online was created by FLegby
Dears!

Me and my friends have played many days and nights with SWOS back in the 90 s.
Now, since on of them downloaded the Total Pack, we are on the hook again, but only with a small problem!
We don t know how to play against each other online? Is it possible to do anyhow? I saw for AMIGA it s solved, but I cannot find the solution for PC...

Anyone can help, pls let me know!

Br,
FLegby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #67101 by Wänä81
As i know , it´s not possible to play PC-SWOS online .

More
14 years 10 months ago #67111 by FLegby
Replied by FLegby on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
sounds bad!

why created online for amiga instead of pc? is it impossible really to hack the PC program so you can play online? :-\

More
14 years 10 months ago #67112 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
I think pc swos online is impossible now

More
14 years 10 months ago #67113 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online

why created online for amiga instead of pc? is it impossible really to hack the PC program so you can play online? :-\

The emulator for Amiga SWOS (Winuaexp) has kaillera support which makes online gaming possible.
The DOS emulator Dosbox ain t got that...
Sure, someone could hack the code (or even better to rewrite it as 32bit). But who on this earth has such knowledge and is a huge SWOS (addicted) at the same time?

Anyway, you guys should try to Amiga version online. You won t regret it.
I was and am a PC player myself. But I really enjoy Amiga online. You can learn a lot of things by handling both versions.

More
14 years 10 months ago #67115 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
I like amiga version than pc version

More
14 years 10 months ago #67268 by FLegby
Replied by FLegby on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
thats bad new but thanks for the info anyway

More
13 years 7 months ago #89906 by dimetrodon
Replied by dimetrodon on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
I have an idea to play with PC-SWoS online. Not a very bright idea.

We need a server machine, with some terminal emulation / desktop sharing software eg. VNC, wihich allows two connection to the same session (afaik VNC can). The server runs the PC-SWoS with two player configured (as a real two player match offline). The two player need a VNC client (do not even need a SWoS installed :)

In the real world it would be unusable. The desktop sharing method would transfer way too much data, with very hugh delays. But maybe in 10 years? Maybe. With very high bandwith and even lower latency (network and server/client too).

(At home - same LAN - I sometimes use RDP when I want to watch tv and manage my SWoS carrier same time. I haven t try playing a game, but to buy players etc, (for example after getting a new job, rebuliding the team) it is perfect.)

More
13 years 7 months ago #89909 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online
We have already tried that. It s impossible.
Read more here: www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=2183.0

More
13 years 7 months ago #89943 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Play PC SWOS online

I have an idea to play with PC-SWoS online. Not a very bright idea.

We need a server machine, with some terminal emulation / desktop sharing software eg. VNC, wihich allows two connection to the same session (afaik VNC can). The server runs the PC-SWoS with two player configured (as a real two player match offline). The two player need a VNC client (do not even need a SWoS installed :)

In the real world it would be unusable. The desktop sharing method would transfer way too much data, with very hugh delays. But maybe in 10 years? Maybe. With very high bandwith and even lower latency (network and server/client too).

That s Onlive right there, too bad it sucks due to todays internet infrastructures holding it back. Maybe if we all lived in Japan/Korea/Hong Kong (they can reach insane connection speeds over there)...

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds