Re: Swos money/career/transfers editor (no more hex editing yippee)

More
10 years 6 months ago #120379 by super_hoops1967
ok i went to amiga total pack tools copy amiga.car to backup but when i search my c: drive for Amiga it doesn t find the career file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120382 by FIncad
Hi!
did you try to browse to .car file location f.e C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\folder\backup ?

ps. when you are on that tools window, the location of the save disk files is shown in the top of the window. But that doesnt help
to find that back up folder, lol

More
10 years 6 months ago #120400 by super_hoops1967
hi mate,

yeah i went to that location and searched for .car but nothing was found.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120401 by FIncad
Hi!
But you have created a save file by career and stuff? So you looking out those backup files, why dont you try to use those .car files in normal savedisks (make a copy and move some other folder, temp or something, you know the thrill m8)?
Path is f.e C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack1.5\winuae\disks

and there are save folder(s) and inside that. If you have created one in career mode.

Fincad

• TheRiot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121110 by TheRiot
Hi!

I m struggling to learn how to use this but I m missing the very basics of the issue. So,

I m using Win 7 64bits and running Amiga SWOS-Total Pack v1.5.2.
I m trying to test this editor and so I made a career to the very end and then I tried to use the editor. Never got it to work, as the career always go to retirement. Problem: I don t know the path to .CAR file.

I installed adfview and tried to use the editor on these files/paths with no results:
a) ...\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\winuae\disks\save\TEST.CAR
b) ...\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\folder\backup\01\TEST.CAR

Can anyone help me as if I was 4 years old? ;D

Cheers!

More
10 years 5 months ago #121111 by FIncad
Hi!
Your .car fles paths seems to be right, i checked them, here is my version of it.

Current savediskfiles is located f.e here

C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack1.5\winuae\disks\save.adf

You have to have adf-viewer installed, that files are visible. Copy paste file that you want to edit to some other location from that
path (in that path its not possible to edit them i think). Do the editing. I think that its not possible to move/copy that file back directly to that save-adf folder so copy edited file to folder (youll need admins rights)

C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack1.5\folder\backup\01

Run the amigaswos, choose tools - save disk manager - choose back up folder no 1 - find that edited file on the right section - move/copy it to savedisk - launch the game. SHould work..

Fincad

• TheRiot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121117 by TheRiot
Hi Fincad!

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it still doesn t work. I can´t figure out what the problem might be. I wonder if I should use a career file that is not saved after the last game, since mine is... just click and the season is over. Can this be an issue?

I might give it a go trying to hexedit the file. I tried a few months ago but gave up cause I didn t work probably because I was doing it the wrong way.

Cheers!

More
10 years 5 months ago #121118 by Playaveli
Just attach your career to your post, let someone do the edit and get it attached again.
Then download and put it into your save.adf!

• TheRiot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121119 by TheRiot
Well, I could do that but I really want to learn how to do it properly. Besides, this career was made just to test this.

I ll give it a try and if I have no success I ll do as you suggested.

• TheRiot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121121 by TheRiot
I can´t figure it out. Probably is just a stupid mistake.

I ve attached my test career. If anyone could edit it to unlimited years and transfers it d be perfect!

Cheers
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds