Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)

More
9 years 11 months ago #123952 by Playaveli
@Olesio: Which swospp.bin did you put in main folder? release or debug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123953 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Release ofcourse, so I need debug one? And like you seen I patched DOSBox to get rid of stupid splash logo which can burn your eyes and most annoying console window over The World. And stupid empty std*.txt files are not created. But in my opinion that facts should do nothing with IPX.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123955 by Playaveli

Release ofcourse, so I need debug one? And like you seen I patched DOSBox to get rid of stupid splash logo which can burn your eyes and most annoying console window over The World. And stupid empty std*.txt files are not created. But in my opinion that facts should do nothing with IPX.

Release is fine.
But we d need some option before start ( Use debug or release? ).

I don t see any splash logos... I am on Macbook Pro, using Boxer, and just imported the directory of your version!

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123961 by olesio
Ok, now all works fine. I thought my ESET is set to teach new firewall rules without any problems. And it was not, so it blocked server. Anyway - I try to prepare some easy in use net launcher to this game, but maybe in the near future. I give info here.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123975 by Playaveli
@Olesio:
Add auto-command for SWOS to start with full version: swsengpp /f !!
Then another problem is solved, too.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123978 by olesio
Ok, I can always execute with that switch. But I never seen difference when use it or not. What it gives exacly to find out we use full version? I thought this version is full, always :)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123979 by Playaveli

Ok, I can always execute with that switch. But I never seen difference when use it or not. What it gives exacly to find out we use full version? I thought this version is full, always :)

Start game with /h parameter. Graphic = Amiga like, 16 colors. Bench color with coach = brown.
Parameter /f = 32 colors, waving corner flag, used gras on penalty spot etc etc... bench color = silver!

In that sense, PC version is superior... :P

Excerpt from the SWOS manual attached!
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #123980 by olesio
Ok, thanks for explanation. But without /f switch in my opinion also games looks ok. Ech, I wish coders of PC version added in past some /LikeOnAmiga switch or /NoLamePhysiscFromAss switch. Then game will be work exacly like on Amiga and we have nice IPX support with SWOS++ ;)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123981 by Playaveli

Ok, thanks for explanation. But without /f switch in my opinion also games looks ok. Ech, I wish coders of PC version added in past some /LikeOnAmiga switch or /NoLamePhysiscFromAss switch. Then game will be work exacly like on Amiga and we have nice IPX support with SWOS++ ;)

/f parameter is still better to be switched on by default. Some machines (or rather dosboxes) run the /h version without reason. And this is not working in multiplayer, /f vs. /h.

Btw, it has nothing to do with coding on PC. It s not a port from Amiga, it s a conversion. Different ball physics are caused by lower screen resolution (sprites are bigger, you see less of the field) combined with higher frame rate (60hz on PC, smoothing the game).
I don t think they touched the physics at all in the game code (which is a mission impossible). It just happened by accident.

@ALL Olesio: This belongs into this topic: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=40.0 :P

More
9 years 11 months ago #123990 by PIOOTREK86
I will wait for another ready version as I can not connect to anyone :) When I click on join game there is no game at all :) I even tried to connect to myself :)

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds