Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)

More
9 years 10 months ago #124164 by Tomplus
Yes, will be fine if autoexec have more options:

example:
[ipx] 
# ipx -- Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation. 
ipx=true 

[autoexec] 
# Lines in this section will be run at startup. 

@echo off
mount C: ..\GAME
c:

ECHO.
ECHO                   1 = ENGLISH WITH SWOS++ ADDON AS SERVER
ECHO.                                                                       
ECHO                   2 = ENGLISH WITH SWOS++ ADDON AS CLIENT
ECHO.                                                                       
ECHO                   3 = ENGLISH WITHOUT SWOS++ ADDON
ECHO.                                                  

CHOICE /N /C:1234Q             PRESS 1-3 TO CHOOSE GAME VERSION TO LAUNCH OR Q FOR QUIT 

IF ERRORLEVEL 4 GOTO end
IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO 3
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO 2
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO 1

:1
ipxnet startserver 213
CHOICE /N /C:123Q  Click 1 2 or 3 
swsengpp.exe
GOTO end

:2
set /p IP: Set server IP (example 127.0.0.1) 
ipxnet connect %IP% #testing
ipxnet connect 77.223.194.57
CHOICE /N /C:123Q  Click 1 2 or 3 
swsengpp.exe
GOTO end

:3
swseng.exe
GOTO end

:end
exit

I dont know why but command the SET /p (question about variable) don t working in DOSBox.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124165 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
@Tomplus: Be patient! I will prepare new conf in rar archive and launcher in WinAPI. About set /p. - probable it wotks like old DOS set, without additional parameters. Also DOSBox missing useful commands like for example for . Maybe they will added in frature.

But it is not problem anyway to temporary rename/copy game.conf to for example ipx.conf and end remove end of file begining with [ipx] section and replace it with following:
[ipx]
# ipx -- Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation.

ipx=true

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

@echo off
mount C: ..\GAME
c:
cls
Now create following host.bat file:
@echo off
cd DOSBOX
start dosbox.exe -conf ipx.conf -c  ipxnet startserver  -c  pause  -c  swsengpp.exe  -c  exit 
cd..
And join.bat wchich can be executed from out favorite filemanager or destkop with destination IP/host to connect. For example: join,bat do.not.be.lame.like.some.dud.es
@echo off
cd DOSBOX
start dosbox.exe -conf ipx.conf -c  ipxnet connect %1 %2  -c  pause  -c  swsengpp.exe  -c  exit 
cd..
I think none. Ofcourse enable redirect ports on router if needed or set your AV/Firewall to allow acces from World and outside for all portocols and port for dosbox.exe executable in DOSBOX subdirectory.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124166 by olesio
For all lazy dudes here, who do not think enought what they doing. Temporary IPX online version with batch files to run are available at url below. Use host.bat to host game. Use join.bat some.host.net to join. @Playaveli please edit first post to add following url. And when I find some free time and my fu...ng neighbor stop knocking like some b**** all day. And I have conditions to focus and work. I try to make simple SWOS IPX Game Launcher. And give info about that with ready to use files.

olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox_online.rar

More
9 years 10 months ago #124168 by St.Vitus
Good work Olesio - Thx!

More
9 years 10 months ago #124178 by olesio
Thanks. My work will be better when I release Launcher mantioned above. Stay tune :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #124200 by Tomplus
I was a problem with play as server. I configured the game correctly (system, router, game.conf) and in others you can create a server, au me a problem.
I opened (according to PFChecker) port 213 UDP and everyone who knows my IP should connect with me.
Today I found a solution, enough to create a server (also set the port on the router) as UDP port 214 and the game works :)

If someone writes manual on how to play, then add the information such as the way to an alternative connection.
#Start server with port 214
ipxnet startserver 214

#Connect with server with port 214
ipxnet connect 192.168.1.101 214

More
9 years 10 months ago #124201 by olesio
@TomPlus: there is no problem with online version that I uploaded. And that obvious that I have nothing to do with someone extreme Router/ISP net access confiruration. Everybody should configure router/firewall/anti-Virus software. The fastest way for clever user which do not want to waste time to set up port redirection is to set DMZ for own computer. Other user should be able to use HTTP/HTTPS/MAIL/SSH/Skype etc without any problem. But always for all who want to use computer for server and are router owners, DMZ setting is fasted way to bypass all problem. I recommand that. Security is other thing, but if you think what doing - there all should be fine.

Anyway, @djowger reports me bug on PM with tactics save in my SWOS archives. It happend only in English version, even with SWOS++ and even in original NRG CD Image version uploaded by @Playaveli. It was cause by probable some bug in code and when I copied dig.ini and mdi.ini from Hybrids version all is fine. Probable user cannot set both MIDI and sound cards to SB16.

Links are the same as previous, but content updated:

olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox.rar
olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox_online.rar

Please update it to avoid problems with tactics. And AFAIK launching host.bat withoud meessing with UDP port also should allow establish connection fine. If no firewall problems or AV software. If I understand @TomPlus description good. I tested online IPX version with myself. And establish connection using my extrernal myftp.org host redirection to my public IP with DMZ setting for me. Ofcourse all packets in that case was sending to me like for extrenal computer on some World location. Not by local method like for local IP. And there was no problem.

All hope all is clear. Sorry for long message and traditionally my bad English :) Enjoy IPX game now and be patient to wait for my Launcher for Online PC version. I try to start develiping for some days, if my stupid neighbors stop knocking walls whole time by some big hammers what do not allow me to focus and rest too good :/

More
9 years 10 months ago #124279 by Playaveli
@Zlatko:

Following bug found:
Pitch type selection in game lobby does not work correctly!
Chosen: SOFT -- ingame: ICE

Suggestion for next release:
- Add option to play EQUAL ON/OFF (where OFF should be default)!

More
9 years 10 months ago #124281 by zkz
Replied by zkz on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Thank you everyone who tried out and found bugs. Even if I m not too active I m writting all that down! :)
Lack of time is stopping me from releasing updates more often but don t worry they will come!

Here s current version 1.9.1.3:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_BktxRNwDfNemN...TXM/edit?usp=sharing

It should be possible to change players before match now, and it s possible to join games as spectator. Spectator view is still incomplete (no ball shadow, results etc.).
Also I m considering making some command line options to control start-up, join automatically to game.. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers!

More
9 years 10 months ago #124282 by Redhair
Just, after playing one match, I get this if I either create a new game or join another:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds