Re: Updates 2015-16

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131320 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Updates 2015-16

Is somebody hacking the executable files for Amiga and PC every time the league structure changes in the data edits?

I don t think so. That s what we need though, otherwise all these updates are a bit pointless really.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago #131322 by higgipoker
Replied by higgipoker on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
Also, does the amiga total pack version work with uncompressed files of any size?
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131323 by steviebwoy78

Also, does the amiga total pack version work with uncompressed files of any size?

I m not entirely sure to be honest. I know that it creates a .hdf file in the background based on the season update you select. It looks like there re 9 folders in the custom_data\teamdb_sets directory which relate to each of the season updates in Total Pack.
C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\custom_data\teamdb_sets

All of the graphics and sound options are stored here too:
C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\custom_data

The hdf file is created from the options you choose from Total Pack and the HDF is stored here:
C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS-Total Pack\winuae\disks\swos.hdf

It was by using this .hdf file, I was able to play the latest season update on my PS3 with E-UAE. Hence, I m really keen to see the new update transferred into Total Pack somehow, so that I can export the .hdf and use it on the PS3 again.
  • lepros
  • lepros's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131325 by lepros
Replied by lepros on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
Ok.With swos editor u can change rosters etc.i Choose folder 9 at custom_data/ teams as it is the last updates from Synchronated ,Pick a league,choose a team ,change few names.Save ok ,but when i try to play a message appear out of memory with red background...
Maybe the exe needs a tweak?

Synchronated has a tutorial that i missed somewhere at the forum?or he(u if you read) just did the update and the guy that create total pack put the updates inside it?
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131349 by steviebwoy78
I had exactly the same error to be honest. I did resolve it, but it still crashed when I tried to play a friendly and select a league. :\

I m out of ideas to be honest, and it doesn t like anyone else knows how to do this (either that, or they don t want to tell us!)
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131357 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
@steviebwoy78
I don t want to tell you how to use a forum, but you wrote I did resolve it without telling us what you did to resolve it, maybe someone could find it helpful in some way (the fact you had another problem doesn t matter).

I m out of ideas to be honest, and it doesn t like anyone else knows how to do this (either that, or they don t want to tell us!)

I am sure someone knows how to do that...
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131361 by steviebwoy78

@steviebwoy78
I don t want to tell you how to use a forum, but you wrote I did resolve it without telling us what you did to resolve it, maybe someone could find it helpful in some way (the fact you had another problem doesn t matter).

I am sure someone knows how to do that...

Not at all, that s a perfectly fair comment. To be completely honest, I didn t really spend as long as I d wanted on this as I quickly realised I was out of my depth and couldn t work out how it was all strung together in terms of Total Pack. All I did was replace the data files in (I think) folder 1, and then launched the game via the TP launcher. To be honest, because it didn t work I quickly reverted everything back to how it was, that s why I m a little vague. Let me see if I can recreate it again, hang on..
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131362 by steviebwoy78
That was it - the reason I got it was because I had two version of the team.008 files in the folder. This was because I made a backup of the original file in case it didn t work. I then got the memory error message, which I presume is something to do with the way Total Pack creates the .hdf image. I guess I had too many files in the folder or perhaps the file size was too big. Anyway, I moved the backup out of the 01 data folder, and that resolved it.

The secondary problem I encountered was due to the data file itself crashing the game when I tried to access the England teams in Friendly selection. As Playa suggested, I think this is due to the .exe file not being compatible with the revised data. I noticed that the original team.008 file is 25KB, but the Season 15-16 file is 63KB. This has to be a PC/Amiga compatibility issue imho - I can t imagine that a PC datafile would work with the Amiga?

This is where my knowledge runs out sadly, so I d love someone else to pick this up - I m out of ideas to be honest. I wonder whether loading the data into SwoEditorSv1.3 with the .exe file might help as I think SwoEditorSv1.3 might edit the .exe file for us maybe?
More
8 years 4 months ago #131363 by higgipoker
Replied by higgipoker on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
The original amiga files are compressed.

I don t know if the executable had the ability to read uncompressed files, or if the hacked executable can?

Otherwise the PC files certainly wont work for the amiga version.

Even then, if there is any change in the data - like more teams or different competition structures, the executable would need be hacked to match the data.

I m still completely confused as to how the community is managing these updates across platforms!
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131364 by steviebwoy78
Hm, okay. Well there s a bunch of files in the temp folder too. I guess Total Pack must copy files over to this location (from custom_data) when you select which data sets you d like to use. The SWOS2 file is in here too, but I don t know where it grabs the respective version of this for each season update.

It s a bit of a minefield tbh, and without access to the source code for Total Pack, I m a bit buggered!

Help guys! 8)
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds