Re: Updates 2015-16

More
8 years 4 months ago #131365 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
Never had a problem to use SWOES to compress data back to Amiga format with built-in propack.exe!
Always worked fine for me.

At best, send a message to Whiteulver!
The topic has been locked.
  • steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131366 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
@MrH - my guess is that they aren t. Nobody seems to know how to update the Amiga version from the PC files. I d therefore imagine that everyone else is happy playing the PC version of the game, which is a shame as the Amiga version is a million times better!
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131367 by steviebwoy78

Never had a problem to use SWOES to compress data back to Amiga format with built-in propack.exe!
Always worked fine for me.

At best, send a message to Whiteulver!

SWOES? Built-in propack.exe? What is this wizardry you speak of? Need some detailed instructions please Playa - as you can see, Mr Higgins and I are rather lost! :D
More
8 years 4 months ago #131368 by higgipoker
Replied by higgipoker on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
Propack is the tool to compress files into the Rob Northern (rnc) format used by amiga SWOS (and a lot of other amiga games actually).

I d love to port it to c one day.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131369 by Playaveli
SWOES = Sensible World of Editor Soccer
www.swoes.info/editor_downloads/
Download this editor! And use it! That s it. Propack is included!

More info and download link for Propack, standalone, for Amiga:
aminet.net/package/util/pack/RNC_ProPack
(Can be used with Winuae, workbench).
  • steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #131370 by steviebwoy78
Okay. Well I can t find any packed files - if we packed the SWOS2 file would it magically work? I still can t see how that would help, since it hasn t touched the edited data at that point. I guess we d have to load the file into the data editor or something..
More
8 years 4 months ago #131371 by Playaveli
You must use SWOES to compress the team files. Not SWOS2.
I should mention that I always suggest NOT to change league structure. So, use team files updated from original league structure of 96/97.

If you want info on how to mess around with SWOS2, I am the wrong person to ask.
More
8 years 4 months ago #131372 by higgipoker

Okay. Well I can t find any packed files - if we packed the SWOS2 file would it magically work? I still can t see how that would help, since it hasn t touched the edited data at that point. I guess we d have to load the file into the data editor or something..

I don t want to confuse things, but if you are having troubles you can also download the rnc DOS executable and use it in dosbox. then move your files over.

I have only done this to uncompress the amiga files, but I guess it works for compression too?
More
8 years 4 months ago #131373 by Playaveli

I have only done this to uncompress the amiga files, but I guess it works for compression too?

It does!
More
8 years 4 months ago #131374 by higgipoker

It does!

Cool, then the question is, are the files being provided in this thread compatible with the original executables? You mentioned that it s possible to mess with the competition structures, but that wouldn t work without a modified executable, right?
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds