Re: Updates 2015-16

More
8 years 2 months ago #131817 by Krzysiek
Replied by Krzysiek on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
I will try but first sws++.exe from Total Pack.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #131818 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Updates 2015-16

I will try but first sws++.exe from Total Pack.

Try swsengpp.exe from this pack: olesio.eu/olesiolab/swos97_full_nocd_dosbox_online.rar
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #131822 by Krzysiek
Replied by Krzysiek on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
This is update for SWOS Total Pack.
If you want play SWOS ++ use this update as ORIGINAL - 1997 on bookmark Team DB
And remember ... this is only for SWOS ++ so remember to activate SWOS ++ Patch in Total Pack menu then carrer will work good.

Because attachment maximum size is 900KB and WinRAR cant zip this to 900KB i must use a 7-zip with ultra compression.

EDIT:

Which amiga version i must try to edit @steviebwoy78 ?

I wanna try play on Amiga version update 2015-2016 because menu music is much better than PC DOS ;)
Attachments:
  • Spyros Kourias
  • Spyros Kourias's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131844 by Spyros Kourias
Replied by Spyros Kourias on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
I just tried to make a test and see if updates work with Synchro s latest updated version (which means that SWOS2 was also updated) but SWOS crashes as soon as Englad is chosen. I suppose that, with regards to Synchro s lately updated SWOS2 file, there have been changes in the number of teams in various leaguse so a new SWOS2 is needed for the Amiga version to run. If only i knew how to do it!
More
8 years 2 months ago #131845 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
The Amiga can t load the TEAM.008 file unless it has been propacked. Even if the teams per league is correct, which it will be for England, as it hasn t changed since 1997.
TEAM.008 is the biggest data file and is the only one that MUST be propacked in order to work on an Amiga.
So it s possible your TEAM.008 wasn t propacked, in which case it will always crash on an Amiga
More
8 years 2 months ago #131846 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
WRT some other questions I have seen in here, it could be mentioned that I made lots of changes to SWOS2 and sws.exe, including updating the nationality codes (e.g. YUG- SRB) and using FIFA standard codes, adding MNE in place of an unused code (I can t remember which one but you can look up a Montenegrin player in an editor to find out), changing league names (e.g. El Salvador- Reserves, Korea, China) and some other stuff, as well as European qualification teams, teams per league and so on.

It would be very difficult (for either myself or other users) to trace them all/edit further without introducing some errors that might produce a crash. So in general I would recommend choosing either to use my 13-14 SWOS2 files as they are, and making stuff fit, or doing similar but working entirely with the original 96-97 game and data files, whichever you guys prefer :)
  • Spyros Kourias
  • Spyros Kourias's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131847 by Spyros Kourias
Replied by Spyros Kourias on topic Re: Updates 2015-16

So in general I would recommend choosing either to use my 13-14 SWOS2 files as they are, and making stuff fit, or doing similar but working entirely with the original 96-97 game and data files, whichever you guys prefer :)

Fully understood and of course i wouldn t have any significant problem if only the major leagues were updated. Sticking with the 13-14 Amiga version which admittedly works like a charm, would there be any chance in fitting some of the recently updated leagues to that without significant fuss? This sounds like a plan but i suppose we should open a new thread in the Amiga section for further discussion.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #131854 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
Hello,
If I see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Malta, Northern Ireland, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Costa Rica as Surinam, Uruguay, Venezuela, Algeria, Republic South Africa, Japan, China as Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand are not done yet?
  • Betichus
  • Betichus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131878 by Betichus
Replied by Betichus on topic Re: Updates 2015-16

Hello,
If I see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Malta, Northern Ireland, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Costa Rica as Surinam, Uruguay, Venezuela, Algeria, Republic South Africa, Japan, China as Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand are not done yet?

How many leagues left to update? I can update someones.
  • daddywarhol
  • daddywarhol's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #131884 by daddywarhol
Replied by daddywarhol on topic Re: Updates 2015-16
@Gorzo
@Betichus

I d like to update PerĂ¹,Japan and SouthAfrica but I ll start when the winter market session has passed. It s non-sense start up-dating some leagues now. I d like to do Kazakhstan over one of the league named by Gorzo,because I ve seen that the kazaki teams are more competitive but there s no nationality to select for kazaki players in which SWOES offers...
After the winter market I ll do also Belgium,Switzerland and Brazil(where the internal market is almost always open).
Belgium and Switzerland as I see Ilombe Mboyo and Geoffrey Mujangi-Bia even in both leagues (maybe they were updated before the end of september s market window).

Let me know which league you like to update.

Happy new year to you and to all on the site!

Keep SWOS updated,keep up the good work!
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds