What joystick you using

More
18 years 3 months ago #4972 by skaarj
Replied by skaarj on topic Re: What joystick you using

I bought a Competition Pro USB and I must say... after years of using keyboard I m not able to play with it anymore :-\ Also I have the imagination that the handling differs from the amiga version especially regarding the buttons. Anyone sharing or negating my opinion?

I know from former times where I switched from joystick to keyboard and back that you need some time to get used to it... but somehow I can t imagine this for that joystick.

I share the same opinion.. I bought a Competition Pro USB two months ago and still now, I m not used to it. I ve always played with a keyboard and tought that playing with a joystick would bring something different (gameplay). But I ve tried many, including this one, but I never managed to play with none of them though. :-\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #4973 by M4RK
Replied by M4RK on topic Re: What joystick you using

I bought a Competition Pro USB and I must say... after years of using keyboard I m not able to play with it anymore  :-\ Also I have the imagination that the handling differs from the amiga version especially regarding the buttons. Anyone sharing or negating my opinion?

I know from former times where I switched from joystick to keyboard and back that you need some time to get used to it... but somehow I can t imagine this for that joystick.

I share the same opinion.. I bought a Competition Pro USB two months ago and still now, I m not used to it. I ve always played with a keyboard and tought that playing with a joystick would bring something different (gameplay). But I ve tried many, including this one, but I never managed to play with none of them though. :-\

cant agree more.. we have to face the fact that we are keyboard players.. nothing wrong with it!!! :D except that if u try hard, ull get rheuma :P

More
18 years 3 months ago #5049 by Stromberg
I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to I want to

... but I can t :(

More
18 years 2 months ago #5094 by tomocb
Replied by tomocb on topic Re: What joystick you using

The one and only Gravis Gamepad, the controller of a winner... ;) :

I had a very similar controller except the shape was more similar to a PS2 pad with buttons on the top - which of course were of no use in the world of sensible soccer. I also love the way you can attach a joystick if you want. Without doubt the best controller ever!!

More
18 years 2 months ago #5095 by tomocb
Replied by tomocb on topic Re: What joystick you using
Here s my weapon. Very good but only drawback that d-pad is a bit stiff - unlike the gravis gamepad.
Attachments:

More
18 years 2 months ago #5702 by edasx
Replied by edasx on topic Re: What joystick you using
isn t this 12lb thing beautiful =) i really love it (using PPJoy for keyboard = joystick emulation, as the SWOS++ isn t always working 100%)
Attachments:

More
18 years 2 months ago #5705 by Jonty Rhodes
I use a might, PRO LOGIC SPRINT PAD. with a 15 Pin (gameport) to USB converter.

I have several just in case one of them gives up the ghost.

They are the best in the world (in my opinion) :D

Attachments:

• CATS
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 2 months ago #5717 by CATS
Replied by CATS on topic Re: What joystick you using
:o

I have that EXACT pad, which I bought with my first PC in 1995 Jonty... it still lives! More recently though I bought a PS2 lookalike USB pad for Pro Evo, and that s what I use for all my games including SWOS these days.

More
18 years 2 months ago #5734 by edasx
Replied by edasx on topic Re: What joystick you using
i hope it s not OT here.... i recently obtained few speedlink USB Competition PROs and i have a problem with tapping the buttons for quick pass in 10-20% it shoots the ball instead =( - does anyone with these joysticks shares the same problem?

More
18 years 1 month ago #5828 by dior
Replied by dior on topic Re: What joystick you using
Look what i ve done. It was hard for me to play by that small version of Copmetition Pro, because of that i couldnt finde comftable position. It was hard to hold it and play. So... i glued it to a big piece of wood. Guy s it s awsome now:) Very stable!
Here You have pics.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds