Re: UK mini sensible soccer tourni

More
13 years 5 months ago #92692 by djowGer
Hehe. beating the creator of SWOS :D awsome

Also finally an offline UK SWOS event on the AMIGA. Thx for organizing Steve. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• homgran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #92720 by homgran
Replied by homgran on topic Re: UK mini sensible soccer tourni
I love the photos, Lobo -- congratulations on your victory! :) Also, it s so cool that you managed to have a shot of the in-progress Speedball 2: Evolution game for the iPhone -- I don t even have an iPhone, but I m very excited about this game. ;)

I noticed that (with the exception of the bonus match against Jon) the game was configured such that everybody played as Brazil. Is this standard for Sensi tournaments?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #92722 by lobo
That was Steve s call to set it up like that. We usually play with teams of our choice. They can also be customized as long as players attributes are not touched.

Thanks for compliments. Speedball was cool, I managed to score which made Jon happy as his main concern was players control ;)

EDIT:

Good to see you on these boards. Let me know if you want to join online leagues, any questions - shoot.

• homgran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #92725 by homgran
Replied by homgran on topic Re: UK mini sensible soccer tourni
Control must be a real challenge for developers of touch-sensitive games, especially when it comes to titles that would traditionally have been played with a joystick/joypad.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) You might not have seen me yesterday, but I was hovering around the Sensi area for most of the day (blond hair, tinted glasses... I would usually say that I m quite tall, but when big Steve s around he makes everyone else appear tiny!!). I ll need to get some practice in before I think about joining any leagues -- I was completely blown away by the level of skill that was on display in some of yesterday s matches; it puts to shame the things that I used to do on Mega Drive Sensi!! ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #92731 by Playaveli
Thanks for the pictures and the report, too!
I am very impressed. It s great to see some of our most famous player to face Jon Hare in a match of SWOS.
Really great!

More
13 years 5 months ago #92748 by sensibleswos
OK guys I have photos on my facebook, www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=712657151 more than welcome to add me. The photos will be under R3PLAY hope you enjoy them.

Thanks to all players who took part and congratualtions to Lobo.

I used Brazil because its the decant team in swos and I wanted to make it fair as possible. Players were asking me before kick off if they could have a pratice, I had to say no as it wouldnt be fair on other players and it would take up more time. I my self never played the game against another human since I didnt have time, I wanted to take part but it would have been more work load for my self.

If it was an all day tournament then yes I would have taken part. I am happy that I got 32 players and I wish that Codemasters was there to see it for them selfs so they can think again about making a proper swos and that swos is not dead. Having said that Codemasters donated 2 T-shirts and Jon offered to sign them, R3PLAY provided the trophy, they told me it would be small but at the end of the day I dont think Lobo couldnt care less about the size of the trophy as his dream came true by having a game with Jon hare and beating him.

I am very proud of my self that I manage to hold such tournament and as someone pointed out its the first off its kind here in the UK. If and thats a big IF I might do it again next year, it will depend if I get enough help and hardware.

PS

Jon Hare has played on my amiga as we used it on the final game hehe!

13 years 5 months ago #92751 by ElMichaJ
thanks a lot stehpen... !

i saw your pictures on facebook :)
great event !!!

and i am very happy that there was an offline tournament in UK like that :)
i hope there will follow a lot ;)

next time i am in .... for sure !

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #92801 by Pallister
Phew Lobo...what a great report...and even greater pics.

I think I don t need to say that I m extremely jealous ;D

Well, maybe next year my dream will come true...beat Lobo in Final and then meet Jon Hare on the pitch ;D

Thanks for sharing your experience and pics, m8. Much appreciated ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #92803 by Pallister
Oh and Stephen...if you need hardware the next year...just contact me early enough and we ll solve that ;) If your job next year is half as perfect as it was last weekend it will be fantastic...

More
13 years 4 months ago #93827 by Stromberg
Brilliant, wish I d been there. Was Jon any good at playing Lobo? Regarding the 0-6 he could be at the same level as me ;)

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds