Eurogamer expo

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106288 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Really nice quick tournament organized by Stephen again as a part of this large exhibition. Most participants joined the event to check out latest games i.e FIFA 2012 but it was really cool to see people stopping by SWOS station shouting out: Sensible Soccer I used to love this game! . As I didn t have my own controller I had to play with competition pro for the first time in my life, that was funny. As tournament was KO stages only it lasted for a bit longer than 1 hour and as opposed to Blackpool i did concede 1 goal in it s course. Organizers recognized me from last year s Blackpool event and made an effort of not letting Jon know he was to face me again just to see his reaction. I didn t see any hard feelings when he finally arrived, what I could see was he was really motivated to improve from last year s thrashing. Following Stephen s advice he chose to play with Brazil, I sticked to Poland. It was a completely different game than last time, Jon was focused on the game, kept saying F-word when things didn t work his way :D. It stayed 0-0 till 75th minute when I managed to brake the gridlock and score the only goal of the game. Then we stayed, talked a bit about football gaming. Jon presented me with a trophy, Stephen presented me with prizes. Really nice afternoon, always great to meet Jon even if only for a short while.

Ther s a lot of footage coming from organizers and I only took few pictures and they re not that great. I ll post links here as soon as they re around.

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #106337 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Congratulations Lobo! I wish that I could have teleported from Belgrade to London, that would be a magic SWOS weekend ;D What were the prizes? What is the quality of other players on tournament? Will there be any prize on next Sensi Days from Mr. Jon Hare? Cant wait to see all pictures!

More
12 years 6 months ago #106353 by sensibleswos
Replied by sensibleswos on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
here are the only photos I was able to take on the day...

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.101503...152.409511.712657151 type=1

I had 2 games of swos with Jon Hare, was nice for me to play agaist him!

I asked about what are codemasters doing with swos all he said was you never know with them. :-X

More
12 years 6 months ago #106372 by _sox_
Replied by _sox_ on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
congratulation lobo!!! i m very envious of you :D

More
12 years 6 months ago #106378 by Sober
Replied by Sober on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Lobo, you v proved you r the master at SWOS but what about Kick Off 2? Dare to master a new game??? www.ko-gathering.com/wc2011/

More
12 years 6 months ago #106399 by Rock and Roll
Replied by Rock and Roll on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Congrats again Lobo.....are you planning to go for the hattrick? :)

We want Jon Hare at the 2012 Sensible Days!

More
12 years 6 months ago #106600 by Sober
Replied by Sober on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Lobo, it s been a while since I posted and you have yet to respond - You v proved you r great at SWOS well how about Kick Off 2? Come on if you think you r hard enough! ;)

More
12 years 6 months ago #106744 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: Eurogamer expo
Great job, mate. Well done playing with Poland. No need to say that I m jealous that you ve met Jon again. But one day I ll join such a tournament ;D

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds