CBM Cup 2013

More
10 years 6 months ago #120752 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
Yeah, I forgot that disk throwing competition. It was a very funny event and I liked it, too.

I agree it was really cool with all players. I like that friendly and nice atmosphäre and it where not possible without a group of so great people :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120753 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
Seems it has been a great event.

Congratz to the winners Poul, Thomas and Danny. Especially HairFU - what a comeback :)

Of course congratz to all players that participated in this international event - we have to keep Offline-SWOS alive!

P.S. Nice new idea with a best of 3 mode ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120754 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
Thx to all for a cool day at cbm cup, and especially the host Pallister. Was a great atmosphere as usual, with some good fights in both Classic Sensible and Amiga SWOS.

Great performance by Hairfu. Nice to see such an offline comeback making it all the way to the final. But I was most impressed by our new danish player Pedder. An impressive play in the groupstage, and making Pallister fight for his semi final winning the first game, and narrowly losing 2nd match. Well done.

The Floppy-disk throwing competition was a great gimmick at this event. I could not believe Klaris managed to hit the only tree on the throwing-range in all 3 attempts :D So Pallister was deserved winner here.

After we finished the Amiga SWOS tournament we had a small Classic cup, with 8 players in Knockout style.

Classic Sensible Cup Final standing:
1. djowGer
2. Klaris
3. andib
4. Magickey

I already look forward to the next edition :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #120758 by HeinAir
Replied by HeinAir on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
Back home again. :)

I just want to say a big THX to Pallister and all participants, especially the danish crew! Great day, atmospheric location, friendly people and exciting matches. My personal highlight was the quarter-final vs Klaris with 3 realy thrilling matches filled with heart attack tendencies. ;)

I ve made some pictures, I will assort them and post it as soon as possible.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120769 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
@HairFu: CBM: Commodore Business Machines

From Wikipedia: Commodore International (or Commodore International Limited) was a Canadian-American home computer and electronics manufacturer. Commodore International (CI) along with its subsidiary Commodore Business Machines (CBM) participated in the development of the home–personal computer industry in the 1970s and 1980s. The company developed and marketed one of the world s best-selling desktop computers, the Commodore 64 (1982) and released its Amiga computer line in 1985

More
10 years 6 months ago #120771 by HairFU
Thank you very much.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120778 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
Oh well...a great day ended yesterday after midnight. I want to thank all participants for a perfect and smooth tournament. We started a bit late, but in the end it wasn t a problem for all of us timewise.

@ Rochen and Det:
Thank you for your help before the tournament. I needed it desperatly as everyone can imagine :D Also you both have a good potential, you just need to learn how to score.

@ HairFu:
Nice to see you again after such a long time. You surprised me with your ongoing better performance from match to match. Really great!

@ Magickey:
I didn t knew that you ll come, I was very happy about this. You re a great guy, I could feel your passion for SWOS. Keep it, please :)

@ HeinAir:
Terrible way to the tournament due to damn traffic. Even your Navi kacked ab in our german Kuhkaffs :D Was so great to have you there. Of course it was not that great that we ve played the one and only 0-0 in groupstage lol...

@ Danish SWOS Crew:
What shall I say? I always remember our first meeting in Aalborg back in the days when I meet you. All of you guys are just great persons...and SWOS-Enthusiast of course :D Always a highlight to hear you screaming, or hear andibs burps and fards :D I now know that the b in andib stays for burp HEHEHE. Having you all in a tournament gurantees entertained, high skilled and thrilling SWOS. Thank you for this!!! Oh and of course thanks for bringing another SWOS talent with Pedder...another danish SWOSer who will cause some trouble in the future (he already did in the QF vs. me hehe).

Well, we germans have to practice hard to stop our danish SWOSers one day. Oh wait...you guys won all...except the AMIGA DISKS LONG THROW COMPETITION!!!! WOOOHOOO....I WON IT!! :D Well, I didn t practiced that much, I just had to check if it s really worth a competition. Rochen and me laughed our asses off while testing this....so I decided to hold such a competition. Would be great to see this kind of fight in other Offline-Tournaments too...it s really fun!

Again...thanks to all participants for this great day, I really enjoyed it. Can t wait to meet you all again as soon as possible. Next CBM Cup will come, this time it wouldn t last that long :)

Cheers, my friends
Danny

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120796 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
HeinAir made some pix and videos:

Watch them here: plus.google.com/photos/10850362667011357...hkey=CPz3pNLOrJrdhAE

More
10 years 6 months ago #120802 by HairFU
Nice retrospection :)

10 years 6 months ago #120831 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: CBM Cup 2013
what about results ? any help needed ?

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds