Re: Amiga SWOS 96/97 on the XBOX

More
13 years 9 months ago #86881 by EreWeGo

Although I also tried to work out howto get PC SWOS 96/97 running on Xbox in dosXbox. Doesn t work...

Actually, it does work- in fact, I had a quick couple of games last night on my PC SWOS 96/97 running on my XBox. I can t remember the exact procedure, I just remember it being a bit fiddly to get installed and configured. You need to have a read of the FAQ and instructions for DOSBox etc. I think I had to go through the normal install and config routine for PC SWOS whilein the XBox DOSBox environment. Then I created a batch file so that when I launched the game it would automatically run the correct command, (eg: cd c:\SWOS, SWS.EXE /h etc)

Anyway, have a play around and read some forums on installing games in the XBox version of DOSBox. If I get a chance I ll try and remember what you have to do to get SWOS working!
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101825 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Amiga SWOS 96/97 on the XBOX

Yup just to confirm that the method I posted is the correct method as i remembered lol. I downloaded the 08-09.HDF. Oh my god its an awesome update. Especially with the yellow ball and graphics/sound updates. The guys who made the update deserve every praise they receive.

On season 2 with Man City, going well :) although it s weird not knowing who are the good players in the game lol

Just out of interest, where do you get the HDF with the 08-09 update and new graphics/sound? Is this the most up-to-date datafile that works with the Xbox, or is there an even more recent one? I ll be playing Career mode etc (hopefully)..

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101878 by EreWeGo
Hey Steve-o mate, I downloaded that particular update ages ago, found it and have uploaded it here for you:

www.mediafire.com/?ll7bn756vi5zlym

It basically includes the 08/09 updates from Synch, and my graphics and sound mod, and an app called Dana , just check the readme for all info.

As far as your question, Is this the most up-to-date datafile that works with the Xbox , I would imagine that if you used Synchs latest updates and copied them to the relevent HDF team data folder, it should work...

:)

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #102188 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Amiga SWOS 96/97 on the XBOX
Hm, well I ve got it running now at least - I thought this Xbox/Amiga lark was supposed to be easy! :o ;D

I ve loaded it as A500+ as the guy above suggested, but it slows down terribly when the ball gets anywhere near the box; but if I load it as A1200 I ll miss out on the career mode so I ve no idea what to do here!

Also, what screen resolution is best for this one? I m stuck on 480i as I m using the three red, white and yellow cables in my 40 LCD. I ve tried to lock the aspect ratio to retain pixel size but it hasn t worked as the pixels all seem different heights, which makes any screen scrolling and movement really horrible and text almost unreadable.

;D Help!? Any settings would be much appreciated, along with advice on the hardware settings too! ;) Or, if anyone has a config file I can use (if such a thing is possible) that d be a great help. I m using the 08/09 HDF Amiga SWOS on the Xbox.

More
12 years 5 months ago #107701 by swoozh
To be honest, I still use the same settings as in the first post in this thread :D But I only use it for matches against my friends, so I do not play career mode..

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds