Re: SWOS remake art & opinions wanted

More
11 years 6 months ago #114482 by Ottoman
amazing concept !!! love it!!! i hope there is some progress....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118775 by Playaveli

Nobody really answered my question, is it even worthwhile to try and pursue Codies for licencing, or should I just develop this into my own IP?

Try to ask Codies. But do not expect any answer.
After that, go by yourself!

More
10 years 5 months ago #121153 by Claudio

More
10 years 5 months ago #121228 by Synchronated
Oh wow that looks good.
Hit me up if you need data :)

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121230 by Retrieving
it looks slow and unresponsive imho (and the CPU assisted passing seems to be in place to make up for it), the polar opposite of SWOS... basically the only thing going for it is the retro-look.

I m honestly tired by the plethora of half-assed, alleged SWOS remakes popping up left, right and center due to the feasibility and inherent affordability of mobile-games development, please stahp with these indie cash-grabs and focus on doing the source material justice ffs.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121231 by Synchronated
It s at least got great potential IMO considering the limitations of tablet controls, and codies aren t going to release anything/let anyone do a proper release of SWOS anyway.

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130521 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: SWOS remake art & opinions wanted
Tiki Taka Soccer is actually a great game. I ve got it on my Android phone and play it all the time, though apart from the graphical style it s not very comparable to Sensi. The controls are gesture-based, so a swipe will shoot, a tap on a player will pass it, and a tap on the ground to dribble. It works surprisingly well and is keeping me entertained in my few downtime moments (with an 18 month old baby boy, these aren t very often!).

I ve no idea if this is the same project or not - I suspect it isn t which suggests to me that this one has fallen by the wayside, a shame as it looked quite promising to me.

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130529 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: SWOS remake art & opinions wanted
Well, this shows how little I know! I ve just had a delve around the DeviantArt page for the guy that submitted the screenshots, and he s posted some work for Tiki Taka Soccer on his page. Thus, it appears that this game eventually became Tiki Taka Soccer.

masakari666.deviantart.com/art/Tiki-Taka...e-graphics-509241689

More
6 years 4 months ago #138608 by Galatapalace
cheers

I was looking if any tries to remake of swos and then searching from google I saw these posts... Really excited the idea...

Since I am not a programmer I can t contribute too much related with but I do help for database development, work for numbering player skills etc. And of course can share ideas.. Plus, I know to use Corel Draw if it helps..

Licencing we should think about it. May be we can get a solution.. No need to be discouraged...

forward to getting responded...

• Masakari
  • Masakari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #139385 by Masakari
Replied by Masakari on topic Re: SWOS remake art & opinions wanted
Well, here is a nice necro of this thread, no idea if anyone will still see this.

Regarding some questions posted here, my art was personal but the creator of what would become Tiki Taka Soccer (TTS) contacted me and I worked with him for a few months. However, my art ended up being used for early production only, he decided to change the art style to be less similar to SWOS and hired another artist to do it. No idea what ended up happening with TTS after release as I haven t talked with him for a few years now.

As far as Sensi goes, we re here 6 years later and I still can t understand how no one has done anything with Sensi, officially I mean. I googled Sensible Soccer 2018 and I got a sports goods chain and a marketing and design agency, for example. I don t even know if Codemasters has let the Sensible Soccer trademark/copyright slide away.

Jon Hare himself decided to use a new name (Sociable Soccer), making me wonder if Sensible Soccer or SWOS is even usable anymore.

Because as great as the community effort for the 2016/2017 update was, I think it s high time we all got together and really did something with SWOS, similar to what the PES community does every year but even further. Or like what the Sonic 2 HD guys did that eventually was officially sanctioned by Sega and turned into Sonic Mania.

In my opinion, the only way to do SWOS justice would be to build on it s existing framework and expand on it. You can t get it right by eye-balling it like Sociable Soccer and many others have tried. The only way is like many Remasters and projects have done (Halo Anniversary, Sonic Mania, etc) and indeed the HD Xbox 360 SWOS did, build on top of the old game so the thing you want to preserve (the feel of the game) is intact.

Is this possible by the community? I don t know much about reverse-engineering, but could we take the existing SWOS and really go to town with it, not just updating stuff in the database?

I mean really take SWOS and rebuild it:
+ build a new modern UI
+ new HD sprites
+ unique stadiums from around the world
+ ball types
+ represent all the kits
+ many more variations of sprite looks
+ etc

Could we as a community get Codemasters to be ok with a fanbase / crowdsourced project? I don t see X Soccer or Y Soccer gaining traction, the only way to recapture the markets attention would be to be official and be Sensi.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds