Re: New Soccer Game heavily inspired by Sensible Soccer - "Natural Soccer"

More
10 years 11 months ago #118267 by Claudio
Very interesting.
Can you give us more news of the game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118268 by thorsten
Hi Claudio,

thanks for your interest in Natural Soccer :D

You can find new about it on NaturalSoccer.com/community .

Since my last post, quite a lot has happend:

- Natural Soccer is now available on OUYA and Android!
- As already mentioned, I am constantly improving it. So now there are sliding tackles along with fouls, cards, free kicks and penalties!

Thank you!

More
10 years 11 months ago #118278 by Claudio
I try the android version and I really like!
I want the full version for PC as soon as possible ;D

More
10 years 11 months ago #118279 by thorsten
Hi Claudio,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your encouraging feedback!

I am glad you like the Android version. The desktop versions will definitely follow soon :-) !

If you have *any* feedback I d be glad to hear it as I am constantly striving to improve Natural Soccer.

Thanks again!

More
10 years 2 months ago #122621 by Escher89
Did anybody played this game on a OUYA or Android? What do you think about it? I m still waiting for the PC version.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #122622 by Retrieving
hate when these indie developers mention Sensible Soccer just to draw attention, this game looks nothing like sensi and it s more of a straight port of Tehkan World Cup/Kick Off with added 2.5D visuals.

Dino Dini s apparently working on a 3D Kick-Off/Goal remake anyway so I wouldn t bother.

More
10 years 2 months ago #122646 by thorsten
Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

I m sorry you think like that about Natural Soccer... Honestly, I get the impression you never ever actually played it (on Android or OUYA) and are judging a book by its cover...

I am by no means just mentioning Sensible Soccer to draw attention . I do so because it has been a huge source of inspiration for my game and I have great respect for the original authors. The same is even more true for Dino Dini s Kick Off 2 . This - and even a reference to Tehkan World Cup, which you also mention - is explained on naturalsoccer.com/about .

You are right, Natural Soccer looks more like Kick Off than Sensible Soccer. This is for two reasons: I did prefer the birds-eye-view back in the 80s and still do today. Second is, as Natural Soccer (mostly) is programmer s art , it s just easier to draw top-down-view sprites for me than (good looking) side-view ones.

But as far as gameplay goes, Natural Soccer is (hopefully a great) mixture of the games mentioned. And I actually *do* get a lot of praise for Natural Soccer as being close to Sensible Soccer...

So I am sorry you get the impression I m abusing Sensible Soccer s great name.

Oh, and that s great news Dino Dini is working on a remake - did not know that! But I, for my part, still bother about my game. I did create (and still am very actively working on) Natural Soccer *despite* the many, many great footy games out there, being it FIFA/PES or anything indie. That s because I ve been an enthusiastic player of Kick Off and Sensible Soccer as a kid and today am no less an enthusiastic video game developer, creating *my* vision of how *I* think an arcade soccer title should feel like today.

Cheers,
Thorsten

More
10 years 2 months ago #122647 by thorsten
Hi,

thanks for your ongoing interest in Natural Soccer :D !

I am currently working hard to finish the desktop version of Natural Soccer and hoping to have a BETA version ready in a few weeks. If you are interested in becoming a BETA tester, I d be very happy if you d write to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Thanks again!

Thorsten

More
10 years 2 months ago #122658 by King D.A.

Hi,

thanks for your ongoing interest in Natural Soccer :D !

I am currently working hard to finish the desktop version of Natural Soccer and hoping to have a BETA version ready in a few weeks. If you are interested in becoming a BETA tester, I d be very happy if you d write to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Thanks again!

Thorsten

The game is a very good beginning.
But its hard to play with the touchpad of a smartphone, i need a physical controller. :D
What kind of Programming language are you using, Java?
Or does you use a free Game Engine?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #122660 by Retrieving

I get the impression you never ever actually played it (on Android or OUYA) and are judging a book by its cover...

I did try the game on my phone, if anything, you re the one giving it a misleading cover. Don t get my wrong, it s a decent game and the controls (and pace) are surprisingly well-optimized for touch interfaces, it just doesn t have anything to do with sensi and claiming otherwise is ludicrous.

I m sorry you think like that about Natural Soccer...

You can t possibly be arguing that, whether Jon Hare s game served as inspiration for your work or not, the game is so far removed from sensi that bringing it into the picture in any way, shape or form reeks of a contemptible attempt at pandering to the 30-something, former-gamers and avid smartphone users demographic by throwing around buzzwords devoid of any actual pertinence, with a straight face.

Ball physics, players movements and inertia, visuals, overall feel, aftertouch management, everything screams KICK OFF loud and clear here. Don t get me started on the 3 buttons control system (which has fawk all to do with SWOS minimalistic yet insanely versatile, context-sensitive controls) then.

I d be hard-pressed to think of a single feature unique to both sensi and your game, the thing is, there s probably none.

And I actually *do* get a lot of praise for Natural Soccer as being close to Sensible Soccer...

Sorry to burst your bubble brah but that in itself isn t saying much, most people don t even know what Sensi is all about and those who ve actually gotten to try it out back in the days most likely haven t played it in 10+ years;

the words SWOS and sensi have become so iconic they ve long lost their original meaning (at least to the large audiences comprised of mostly casual/occasional gamers) and nowadays are pretty much used as umbrella terms for the 2D arcade-football games genre that rose to popularity between the end of the 80 s and the beginning of the 90 s.

I ve seen so many so-called gamers mistaking SWOS for Kick Off and viceversa it s not even funny.

Also, if by your vision you mean blatantly ripping off Dino Dini and Tecmo, then yeah.

thanks for your feedback!

You re welcome.

If you re working on the Windows port don t forget to implement arcade-sticks/joysticks/joypad compatibility.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds