Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 7 months ago #26059 by Fillo
Replied by Fillo on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
I got the game working after copying the whole content of the cd into my SWOS directory after getting it installed and the whole thing seems to work (careers matches playable with sound) but the games freezes up at the end of the season in the SLOVENIAN CUP FINALS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #26061 by Playaveli

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #26068 by Fillo
I managed to make the game work, with sound and with updated teams!

After a couple of seasons the game always crashes on slovenian cup results (i think therefore the error must be in team35.dat which is the spain .dat file loaded next to slovenian league)

I tried to modify the spanish league files but it lasted only 1 season more and then the game crashes again after slovenian cup results..

Is this problem considered in the next Synchronated Update?

More
16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #26364 by Fillo
The updates that Synchronated has done are outstanding but i can t manage to use them to run a complete career because of random crashes on Slovenian Cup results (loading Spainish League results). I tried saving the game in between the seasons and i still don t know by what the crashes are caused...

Some seasons the game just goes on to the next season screen and sometimes it gets stuck and I ve got to start over a new season (such boring job).
The very frustrating thing is that I have absolutely no idea of what is really causing the game to crash, I only have the clue that the problem should be in the Spanish League file (which should be loaded after the Slovenian League and Cup results)

The only difference (and the cause of crashes i think) it s in the SWS.EXE file in which, using Whiteulver s editor, it is noticeable that the number of teams in each division has been changed (22 teams in first division and 20 in second in the original SWOS version instead of 20 teams in first division and 22 in the second one in the Synchronated s edited SWS.EXE). It s also true that this modification has been done for others leagues (ex. for Italian Serie A and Serie B which now have a different number of teams from the original version of SWOS) and APPARENTLY all worked out fine.

I even tried to use Sinchronated updates excluding the modified TEAM.035 file (Spanish Leagues) and including the original one from the original version of SWOS and fixing the foreign market in the modified SWS.EXE with another editor but this way didn t work too ( I also have tried downloading different PC versions of SWOS and nothing changes)...

Does anyone can run a complete (or long career) with the Synchros updates without experiencing crashes and being forced to start over again everytime the game freezes on the Slovenian Cup results?

If so please reply here or PM me, I m really going nuts... :-\

More
16 years 6 months ago #26413 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thank you for making this nice updates.
BTW, I have one question.

I heard a sound glitch during gameplay after overwriting sws.exe from Synchronated Updates.
(Crowd sound is ok but some commentary like throwing a ball is NOT ok(glitch)).
Under original sws.exe, there is no problem like that.

Any ideas or comments, please.
Thank you.

(P.S.) I use DOSBox 0.72 for running SWOS, NOT VDMSound.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30133 by Synchronated
RIGHT.

The new updates for 2007-08 season will use the ORIGINAL league structures.

Use your standard SWS.EXE or SWOS2 file and there will be no crashes for anyone, ever. EVEN THOUGH I had personally no crashes using my hacked special SWOS2 file etc. That s how much I love you all.

The ENGLISH league update (all four divisions) is available now from synchronated.110mb.com/ and many more will follow. Italy should be out tomorrow.

Enjoy SWOS!

More
16 years 4 months ago #30137 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thanks! FINALLY original league structure. Perfect.
Please forward this to Starwindz, to include it in the Total Pack.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30164 by Synchronated
OK I have let Starwindz know in his total pack thread :)
Italy is now up, Spain coming soon.

edit: Spain and Germany are now up also.

edit: France is now included and the WHOLE data folder (with fixed transfer market files) will now be included with every Synchronated update, so that no-one needs to change any files and everyone s game will work without crashing. I ll be making more and more teams up-to-date on a daily basis for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and I ve just played 5 seasons using my data folder and the default SWOS2 file. The game does NOT crash.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30320 by Synchronated
OK, you now have a full data set with the full leagues (plus non-league teams) for England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, plus all current Champions League clubs (and some other big Euro clubs) have been updated.

That s a playable career (and it doesn t crash). I even provided fixed transfer market files.

Now I will continue completing the rest of the leagues :)

More
16 years 4 months ago #30324 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Thats great. I have played the old Update, but without crash it would be absolutly great :)

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds