Re: Synchronated Updates

• OsciBosci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126083 by OsciBosci
Replied by OsciBosci on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2013-14 v1.0 final
Mr. Synch do you have an solution for those who want to make their own update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• teso1987
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126101 by teso1987
Terrible news for all Swos fans world wide.. :( A BIG thank you for everything, for keeping Swos alive for all this past years and I hope you will make some new update in future! I m so sad right now :(

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126107 by rw9018
That s a shame - but I can imagine it must have been very time consuming to do such amazing updates! Thanks for all your work - they really are fantastic updates - hope you do some more in the future.

• wiklund87
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126141 by wiklund87
Replied by wiklund87 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: now 2013-14 v1.0 final
sad news :(

I understand that it takes a lot of time to do these updates... hopefully there be updates to a few leagues from someone... like the english league.

Maybe there could be a kickstarter project or another donation option if money could help another update come to life.

• wiklund87
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126146 by wiklund87
Hi synchronated, I started editing your 13/14 update in the Whiteulver editor and I got a question. How do I edit the 12th player(the player who replaced the second goalkeeper). I can see the stats, but I can t seem to be able to edit them, and it acts like the first goalkeeper.
If I put the edited file back in your previous update, will the updated data work?

More
9 years 6 months ago #126168 by Mozg
Hi Synchronated

Becase you mentioned that you don t know anything at the moment about your future updates, so I d like to ask if it ll be possible to you to write some tutorial to explain the way you were making your updates? Maybe there will be somebody that will have possibilities to continue your awesome work. You said that some people work on their own updates, so maybe there will be a possibility to establish some updaters team and with forces combined and your knowledge and tools there will be possible to update even whole SWOS (depends on how many people will have time and will to take part). I also could spend some time on updates.

If you couldn t find time to write such a tutorial, then I think at least two things will be very helpful to do updates faster - how to move data from transfermarkt to excel, and how to convert excel data directly to a hex code and save as SWOS data file (to avoid typing data to editor).

I m asking because I just don t want your priceless work and knowledge to be wasted :)

• wiklund87
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126174 by wiklund87
I will probably do an update for the english league and the reserve teams.

• Betichus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #126190 by Betichus
Hi to everyone!. I am able to work in 2014/15 update, i have time to do it, but i need some tutorial to know the proccess. I support the idea to make some updaters team and continues the amazing Synchro´s work.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126192 by ro32x
Once the data is transferred from transfermarkt to excel, it would be great if the db could be put on google docs.
-Editable by all those collaborating on the project.
-Read only to everyone else.
That way we can all see the grand update evolving!

For info, below is some info provided to me by Synchronated back in 2011.
The techniques might have changed since then, i ll let Sync comment on that.

19 July 2011, by Synchronated:
The data will come from transfermarkt, the data going into a large spreadsheet and coming out the other side as SWOS files. The sheet has 10,000+ skin/hair colours, having been manually looked up, and contains Football Manager-based attributes for the individual player skills. A LOT of preparation has gone into the sheet and the update will be much quicker to produce and much more consistent and realistic than any previous ones.
I will release the individual leagues as I convert them so if people want to use/survey them before the full update comes out they can.

23 July 2011, by Synchronated:
Currently I can (pretty much) rip transfermarkt info straight to SWOS files. And that is pretty close to the same thing. An official database wouldn t contain the (necessary) subjective player evaluations, and also wouldn t contain the football manager attributes that are added on.

10 September 2011, by Synchronated:
The skill attributes themselves are calculated as each club is exported, from seven 00-99 values which are applied as best possible relative to result in the player s correct overall SWOS value.
Now, Excel 2010 + 4GB of RAM cannot do this non-trivial calculation for 1,000 players at once, let alone all 135,000, so even the main spreadsheet doesn t have the actual resulting SWOS attributes in it - just the source attribute data and player values, all of which can be tweaked because there is no calculation until export. It also contains lots of reserve players that never make it into the actual game.

More
9 years 6 months ago #126211 by Synchronated
That s some old, old info, ro32x! :)

It s best to experiment with the editor and whatever data sources you prefer, and do what you think is good.

The most important point for a newbie is that for the skills, 0=8=terrible, 3=11=average and 7=15=world class. There s probably no need to actually use anything above 7 as it s just the same scale (awful up to great) repeated again.

The other important point is that in SWOS and in the original data, market value corresponds to the total number of skill points (taking into account the 15=7 points business). But even that isn t so important, I was always trying to find a way to have the price independent of the skills and keep the game balanced. It s probably boring to follow this rule, honestly.

To edit the 12th player as someone asked, you can use Pablo Fridlender s editor. For some reason Whiteulver didn t enable it in his editor.

To update all the leagues took an absolutely industrial amount of time. It was madness, really. It may be possible for me again in the future - but not this year!

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds