Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30354 by Synchronated
Dutch and Turkish full leagues were added today.

edit: and Russia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #30357 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Have found a mistake.
At german 1st League there is Karlsruher. The team name is Karlsruher SC but if you only want to name the city then you must say Karlsruhe. So just write Karlsruhe or Karlsruher SC.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30359 by Synchronated
Thanks, I actually did wonder about that!
I sat there deleting the R, then typing it in, then deleting it again!
Thanks for that, it ll be fixed on next release :)
I ve backed out of using full names for clubs because a lot of them simply don t fit in the name field (so it becomes very inconsistent).

Any mistakes you find, do tell me. I want to make this perfect.

More
16 years 4 months ago #30370 by Stromberg
Replied by Stromberg on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Your updates do rock as always! Thx a lot.

More
16 years 4 months ago #30407 by Synchronated
Greece and Portugal full leagues have been added today, despite the best efforts of my ISP.

More
16 years 4 months ago #30421 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Wow you are so fast in editing. What page do you use to have realistic skills?

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30422 by Synchronated
Most player prices outside of England come from transfermarkt.de - (SWOS price) = (tmkt price)/3 (approx)

The rest is balanced against performances for the club/country, playing level, etc

I did derive a mathematical formula for computing any player s market value using only hard facts and stats (age, apps over last 2 years, league performance of their club, UEFA performance of their club, goals scored for club in last 2 years, international records (caps/goals) versus FIFA ranking of their country, a few other things. It actually works too. It s pretty accurate. But to use this equation for every player in SWOS would take a very, very long time :)

More
16 years 4 months ago #30424 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
This is a great work!
Just took a quick look at the portuguese teams and they seem pretty accurate, though I spotted some mistakes (mostly typos and hair/skin color) if you want I can build a quick list of the mistakes I found and send the corrections your way. And you made Porto way too strong comparing to their real value :P

And I m curious about one thing, why Trofense on first division, as they are much better teams then them on 2nd?

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #30425 by Synchronated
Yes, please send me a list of your corrections. I used photos for 98% of the players but I could not find photos for a small number of players in Portugal so a couple might be inaccurate and I want them to be right :)

Trofense... yeah. According to transfermarkt they are the second most valuable team in the liga de honra and given it s too early in the season to use the league table, they were chosen (obviously, 2 extra teams had to be included as there used to be 18 teams in the league) on this basis.

But if you look at the Portugal file, TEAM.029, in SWOES editor you will see that 8 more teams from the liga de honra exist in the file and are up-to-date. I have updated the non-league teams in every country because SWOS still uses them for cup competitions and transfer market. So you can easily relegate Trofense and promote another team if you want.

Oh, and you can blame transfermarkt for all the prices ;) but they look OK to me.

edit: Scotland and Belgium are added.

More
16 years 4 months ago #30477 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Ok gone through all the portuguese teams just now, I think I finished it. I made a list with all the changes I think are needed. Some of the rosters aren t totally accurate by now so I suggested some changes as well, of couse, you will do them if you want ;)
The list is a bit big to post here or send through pm, so should I email it to you?

Also about the prices, now that I had a better look at it, if Transfermarkt was the source I think they have the portuguese teams under a really bad impression... apart from porto, benfica and sporting all the other prices are way low. A lot of nice players have really bad stats here :-\
And strange Transfermarkt considers Trofense the 2nd most valuable team from our 2nd league, that s way far from being true, but that would explain those player prices thing eheheh

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds