Re: Synchronated Updates

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #104952 by Synchronated
Yeah, the first file to be released will be the entire english league, all divisions, as usual.

No releases until the transfer window has closed though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #105158 by Synchronated
Afternoon all.

Attached is a zip file containing the data files (pc versions/unpacked) as they currently are for the forthcoming 11-12 database. The team names, divisions, kits and coaches have ALL been updated. Pay no attention to the players, in these files NO PLAYERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED yet.

As you might notice looking at the files, this time around the ENTIRE database - every league in SWOS, including the whole of South America - will be updated, with several leagues being replaced as follows:

Faroe Islands league becomes Georgia
San Marino league becomes Bosnia-H.
Taiwan league becomes Korea (K-League)
India league becomes Qatar
Ghana league becomes Egypt
Algeria league becomes Tunisia
Australian lower divisions become, respectively:
- Full Saudi league
- New Zealand league (ASB Premiership)
- A division containing 18 mroe big clubs from Asian region that are not already included
New Zealand divisions become, respectively:
- A division containing 12 big clubs from European region that are not already included
- A division containing 12 big clubs from African region that are not already included
- A division containing 6 big clubs from CONCACAF region that are not already included
Custom teams will contain 48 nations all-time teams
El Salvador league will become a classic players league from which you can buy all-time legends in career mode. (It doesn t affect any other competition so you can just ignore it if you don t want classic players)

Surinam league (10 teams) will become... SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

All of this has been tested and works, with modified sws.exe/SWOS2, on both PC and Amiga versions (including renaming/resizing of leagues etc).

Please look through (if you want) and let me know, with source, if any kit or coach is incorrect (this is the main reason to post this). Also, if you d like to suggest any other clubs that aren t currently included, please put them forward. Please bear in mind that transfermarkt.de must have sufficient information on their players, though, for them to be included.

The first few leagues will be released individually, here, in the second week of September, with everything else to follow later in the month.

Cheers
Sync
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #105162 by ZICOZICO
Replied by ZICOZICO on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Fantastic idea s, Synchronated!!

Looking forward to see this evolving very much!

I ll install the files asap and see whether I can find any issues.

Really apreciate your work!!!

Zicozico

More
12 years 7 months ago #105164 by Synchronated
I wouldn t run the game with these files by the way - best to look in an editor. They won t work properly with the default sws.exe/SWOS2 file at the moment.

• zizu7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105168 by zizu7
Replied by zizu7 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
but the name of league not change?..
my game crashes always...
i use swos total pack,help me :-[

More
12 years 7 months ago #105175 by Synchronated
This won t work with the game just yet, at all.
I have the modified game files that do work, but there s no point using the game with it, as no players have been updated.
This file is just so you can look throught the team managers/kits with an editor. It s not intended for playing the game with.

• zizu7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #105176 by zizu7
Replied by zizu7 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
thanks for the answer, appearance updates ^ __ ^

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #105306 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hi Synchronated

I was wondering if you ever considered ditching the reserve goalkeepers in your updates? Squad sizes of the big clubs are so much bigger than when SWOS orginally came out and it is hard to fit all the bench players in. For example, Manchester City I would rather have Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli in the substitutes than Costel Pantilimon or whoever is their reserve goalkeeper.

Also, reserve goalkeepers are hardly ever useful in SWOS, unlike the other positions.

What do you, and other people, think?

More
12 years 7 months ago #105320 by MIJB#19
Replied by MIJB#19 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Doesn t SWOS require a goalkeeper on the bench to have a legal squad to even be able to play a game?

At the same time, the only time you ll need a reserve goalkeeper is if you re using [result] and the starting goalkeeper gets hurt.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #105323 by Synchronated
I think the requirement to have a keeper on the bench no longer exists in any competitions in SWOS 96-97.
So, given that I m replacing the entire database, that is something I will consider and test.
I ve done it before (6-7 years ago maybe) on smaller updates as there s obviously no need for a second keeper in SWOS (or at least less need than for an extra reserve outfield player).
My only concern would be that it affects the transfer logic of CPU teams in career mode - does anyone know anything about this aspect?

(also it will be a lot more challenging for my auto team import macros to choose the best 5 outfield subs and put them in the right order; there are FAR more possible permutations than with just 4).

edit: Actually the import method, using SWOES, forces number 12 to be the sub goalkeeper. So I don t think this will be possible. But a good idea for the future if it becomes possible.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds