Re: Synchronated Updates

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20144 by Synchronated

There is no Montreal Impact in the MLS and there are only 13 teams in the league. Check the official webpage out. www.mlsnet.com. The teams in the top of the webpage are the only teams in the MLS. My update also crashes after Slovenia (meaning there s something going on with the Spanish file). Anyways, just clarifying that.

Games seem to work perfectly if you play in Spain though which is odd.

SWOS *does not work* with 13 teams in a preset league, which is why I promoted USL Champions Montreal Impact to MLS to make 14 :)
MLSnet was of course one of my sources for player photos etc.
The only other option would be to lose a team and play with 12.

^the explanation for Montreal Impact being in the MLS is in the readme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20154 by Mancio10
Replied by Mancio10 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Just to say the last Synchro s update works fine on my PC. I do not have found any bug, even in MLS.

Great job, mate! ;)

• Affers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #20156 by Affers
Replied by Affers on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
What version of SWOS are you using? I m using the 96/97 version downloaded from Home of the Underdogs.

More
16 years 10 months ago #20169 by Mancio10
Replied by Mancio10 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

What version of SWOS are you using? I m using the 96/97 version downloaded from Home of the Underdogs.

I m using the 96/97 PC version I downloaded from an Italian fan site, after being suggested by Synchro due to some problems I had facing his previous update. However, I guess we re using the same version. I did try to run the updated sws.exe and it goes correctly to me.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20223 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
@ Synchronated:

IS IT EASY TO MAKE MY OWN CHANGES AND UPDATES?

YES. BOTH PABLO FRIDLENDER S AND WHITEULVER S EDITORS
ARE EXCELLENT AND BOTH HAVE DIFFERENT, USEFUL FEATURES.
REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN ONLY EDIT DATA (TEAM.XXX) FILES
WHICH ARE UNPACKED . THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHICH
MANY MISS WHEN STARTING OUT IS TO DO WITH PLAYER SKILLS:
THEY RANGE FROM 0-15 BUT THIS IS *NOT* A LINEAR SCALE. 0-7
IS THE SAME AS 8-15 (THAT IS 0 AND 8 ARE POOR, WHEREAS 7 AND
15 ARE GREAT), THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THE AMOUNT THE
PLAYER WILL BE PAID IN WAGES IN CAREER MODE.

How do you know that?

I think it has affect on what skills are displayed in the game. If a player has 15s and 7s in his skills then the 15s have priority to be displayed as his main skills.

But maybe you know more!?

More
16 years 10 months ago #20228 by sensibleswos
Synchronated, I used to make updates for swos but no longer do as I dont have desire to do so these days but if you have changed Scotland then change it back to orgional data file and then use Scotland div 3 as 8 teams and SPL as 12 teams. Scotland and San Marino (if changed number of teams in league) is THE problem of swos updates crash!

Have fun!

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20236 by Synchronated

How do you know that?

I think it has affect on what skills are displayed in the game. If a player has 15s and 7s in his skills then the 15s have priority to be displayed as his main skills.

But maybe you know more!?

That s probably true but that s the only reason to ever use 7s (if a player has more than 3 skills which are maxed out and you don t want it to show inappropriate ones).
If a player has 3 or less skills maxed out then they should be labelled 15 anyway as they are his 3 best skills.
I was just trying to convey that the scale isn t 0-15, 7s are as good as 15s on the pitch and 8s as bad as 0s.
Just because most people make the mistake of thinking the scale is a simple 0-15 when they first use a swos editor, resulting in completely screwed player skills.

More
16 years 10 months ago #20237 by Synchronated

Synchronated, I used to make updates for swos but no longer do as I dont have desire to do so these days but if you have changed Scotland then change it back to orgional data file and then use Scotland div 3 as 8 teams and SPL as 12 teams. Scotland and San Marino (if changed number of teams in league) is THE problem of swos updates crash!

Have fun!

That s interesting.
I don t think anyone s had problems with Scotland crashing (it certainly works fine for me on the Amiga version)...
Are you saying that the game can crash elsewhere because of changes in the Scottish league?

More
16 years 10 months ago #20240 by sensibleswos
I m saying if you change Scotland to 44 teams it will make game crash coz Scotland is the source of the problem! I dont know any SWOS fan who plays a team in Scotland div 3 so make sure you make div 3 8 teams and SPL 12 teams. Scotland needs to have 42 teams only, dunno why but thats the way it is!

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #20241 by Synchronated
Scotland has 42 teams now in my update... 12,10,10,10... do you mean 40 (like the default data)?

I will bear this in mind for next season s update but I really don t like excluding teams from leagues!

If it is causing a problem for someone they can exclude the bottom two teams to non-league in a data editor and reduce the number of teams in the bottom division by two. At least if all the teams are there people can choose who to exclude :)

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds