Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo

More
12 years 2 months ago #109193 by dzem
My last sensi was fulda for 75E, which was a high sum for me, but more than fair for what we got. Two years passed and it s 100E. Not huge difference, but still a high sum. Taking into account that travel costs also increased it makes it all an expensive trip.
But It s no surprise, especially that the sum for SensiDays was given in minimum requirements topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #109210 by Primo
Sounds quite good, let s start preparations.

I agree with Playa, 2 beers off everyday and you can save for tournament.

More
12 years 2 months ago #109296 by Marin Parushev
Talking about rich countries... I think Bulgaria is not among them. I think the fee is acceptable. Also considering there is inflation every year it is normal to have a higher fee. Usually it costs me 300E in total to participate in Sensi Days. Of course I can spend this money on something else that I need. I just make the choice to go to this tournament.

More
12 years 2 months ago #109300 by dimetrodon
side note: Afaik the inflation in Euro is about 2%, so for 4 years it is not much more than 8%, so the cause of the price change is not the inflation, but the level of price in different countries.
side note2: And what hurt is not even the level of price but the salary and the exchange rate. If you interested for the economical side check this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_..._by_net_average_wage and add the fact that eg. Hungarian Forint vs. Euro rate was 250 Ft/Eur not long ago, but now 320, it is almost +30%, it is lot higher change than the inflation.
And again OFC is not pspin s fault :D

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #109301 by AndYpsilon
I think the problem ist not the starting fee..the difference from 85 to 100 Euros is not that big.

It s all about the costs for travelling. Two years ago the polish guys needn t pay a lot of money for travelling, last year the bulgarians had an advantage.

The location this year is far away from your countries but that is the idea of Sensi Days: Every year a different place in Europe. So every year some people
have the problem of a far (and more or less expensive) journey. It s all about saving money early enough and make sure what your priorities are.

However, I fully agree with you Foka, that the financial requirements are higher for you than for people from Germany, Danmark or the Netherlands.

• PeterSP72
  • PeterSP72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #109306 by PeterSP72
Replied by PeterSP72 on topic Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo
If you book your travel in time you can definitely save on your travel expenses.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #109309 by dimetrodon
True, but 270 if I book now, even more than later.

(What Andy have wrote is totally right.)

Can I summarize the whole thing?

- The 100 Euro fee is the sum which allow the organizers to organize a quality Sensi Days (the most important thing).
- The travel cost will be higher from sum country (and smaller from some other).
- The economic situation is not very good.
- For East-European guys the whole sum will be too much unfortunately.
- The wealthier guys are sympathetic I guess.
- Earlier bought ticket and group travel can save money.
- Don t forget that only one candidate made bid for the event! All we can say is thank you.
- And most important: we can write as many post as we want to this topic, but we can not change any of the previous points!

In many times, real life issues will avoid some SWoS games (good and bad things, duties and barriers, and just other things). It will happen that time again, this is the way of life.

I feel that the only sensible discussion in this specific topic are ideas for cheaper group travel, and other practical things. I repeat that not possible to change distances, prices etc. (-15 Euro from the fee wouldn t be a vital change for anyone).

• PeterSP72
  • PeterSP72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #109310 by PeterSP72
Replied by PeterSP72 on topic Re: Announcement SensiDays 2012 Almelo
Agreed. I sincerely hope tough that many players will make it to the Sensible Days.

More
12 years 2 months ago #109329 by Ali
A bus from Bulgaria or from ex-yu or hungary going to berlin (picking up denmark and poland there) and going to holland. Not a bad route. If this works it will be cheap for everyone and 50+ players guaranteed:)

More
12 years 2 months ago #109339 by dimetrodon
And the bus also would be a good news for the Checz guys :)
maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sofia,+Bulgaria daddr=Belgrade,+Central+Serbia+to:Budapest,+Hungary+to:Berlin,+Germany+to:Almelo,+The+Netherlands hl=en sll=47.610715,14.98705 sspn=12.122559,28.54248 geocode=FSx_iwIdO-1jASn1ezHLgoaqQDFgXr9pEqAABA%3BFXChqwIdwUc4ASm9P7XXo3paRzHkfhfyXGS4HQ%3BFabE1AId9okiASnJz9TRNMNBRzFgER4MKcQABA%3BFex0IQMdUpDMACkBWQM_N06oRzFwO15bRiAhBA%3BFa_iHgMdkqtlACn1sDvHIQa4RzFGtHsEESlLdQ vpsrc=0 mra=ls t=m z=6

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds