Re: Sensible Days 2016 - Almelo (Bornerbroek), the Netherlands, August 20/21

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #134979 by AndYpsilon
Another Sensi Days is in the books and once again the road trip was worth every minute of it.

Biggest thx to the dutch orga team, especially Colin, Rick, Frits, Mark and perhaps most of all: Marks mum. You all did a great job and the food was really fantastic.

Ofc congratz to all the medal winners on the different systems, especially Alien-Blazej. I think we all have to start secret bootcamps on a daily basis to stop
his scary run one day :D

Personal highlights:

- penalty shootout between andib and Paider on PC (14-13): Fantastic atmosphere during that madness
- Rock winning his first Sensi Days medal: Well deserved for all his efforts as an admin!
- The Germans showed once again their fondness for vegetables. Whether cucumbers or onions: These cups stay in Germany - good job HeinAir and Paider ;)
- trash talk with nearly everybody: Too many funny (and stinky!) moments to name them all :D

Hope to cya all again next year!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #134983 by Rock and Roll
For the record, all PC, Amiga and X-Box results have been entered.
If there are any mistakes, please let me know so we can correct them before the rankings etc. are updated.

I still have to enter Classic, but as a few people know, yesterday s wifi connection wasn t the greatest.
I ll do it later, or tomorrow at the latest.

More
7 years 7 months ago #134987 by djowGer

For the record, all PC, Amiga and X-Box results have been entered.
If there are any mistakes, please let me know so we can correct them before the rankings etc. are updated.

Onion final on pc is missing. Dont remember the results but HeinAir won it against Klaris.

More
7 years 7 months ago #134988 by Rock and Roll
Thanks djowGer! I ll look the results up. Memorable memorable matches, which went to the wire.

More
7 years 7 months ago #134990 by ulg81

Thanks djowGer! I ll look the results up. Memorable memorable matches, which went to the wire.

Hi xbox results, semifinal Bobbie won against Bomb and played third place matches? Or same mistake? :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #134992 by Rock and Roll
Thanks! I had them the wrong way round.

The results I got for the PC Onion Final were 3-1 1-2 for HeinOnair. Are they correct?

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #134993 by Rock and Roll
Still have to get the PC Onion Final confirmed before I enter it.
Classic will be done today (for some reason I was too tired yesterday ;) ).
I updated the first post in this topic with the results of the four finals, and with the medals in the player profiles.

More
7 years 7 months ago #134999 by andib
Once again it was a great experience to play Sensi Days. I really love this weekends with SWOS and meeting old and new friends.

Thanks to all it was a big success. Big thanks of course the the dutch organizers (incl Marks mom). I really liked the food. Also a special thanks to Playaveli. Without the 6 new PC systems it would have been difficult to play the PC tournaments on saturday.

Like AndYpsilon I would also give a congratz to all medal-winners. Blazej, you told me on beforehand that you would go for all 4 tournaments. I guess you would have done it had the XBox been with normal controllers.

Personal highlights:
- 3rd place on PC. Who would have believed this on beforehand!
- KO-match vs Paider on PC. Great friend and a great match which had the only penalty shootout in the tournament (right?)
- My Supergroup matches. I think I played some of the best SWOS I ever played.
- The support to SPIR from the danish crew during his classic match with Blazej. Suddenly all people watched a classic match :D
- Talks with nearly everybody during the tournament

Last:
Hopefully we will find out who to organise Sensible Days next year soon. For this years Days it took too much time. There was only one weekend where it was possible to book the place where we played.
We talked about brining the Sensible Days back to Billund and Denmark

Like ElMichaJ I also like the idea to let e.g. the Serbians host the tournament. Main problem I guess will be the lack of equipment. If im going to Serbia it has to be by airplane and then we cant bring any amigas.

More
7 years 7 months ago #135002 by AndYpsilon

Like ElMichaJ I also like the idea to let e.g. the Serbians host the tournament. Main problem I guess will be the lack of equipment. If im going to Serbia it has to be by airplane and then we cant bring any amigas.

Just a short note on this: It would be really great to go back to Serbia for a big tournament like Sensi Days!
However, I chatted with MCT a few weeks before the Days and he told me that there isn t a crew who wants /
is able to organize such a big tournament, mainly because of a lack of time.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #135003 by Playaveli
Hey everybody,

after one night at home (also full of SWOS dreams, like Micha), I am ready to drop some lines.
It s been a another great weekend, in the best sense of Sensible Days tradition. Great people, good times, big matches...

First, I d like to thank...
...Rock, for a brilliant preparation with everything, including hours of facetime-conferencing with me! Your decision NOT to play Amiga PC and go for organizing instead was selflessly much respected. Hats off for that. Also, your nice speeches before, during and after the tournaments nailed it, with funny remarks and great humor. It d be a no-brainer for me to do another one with you!
...Rick, for taking care of so many things, first and foremost the finances (sometimes an unpleasant responsibility), and being helpful on all areas, including live streaming and filming of the Amiga KO matches!
...Mark and his mother, for running the catering in a way I have never, NEVER, NEVER seen it... come on!!! How great was that? Excellent food, and in between Mark cleaned up nearly around the clock (beer cans collecting like there is no tomorrow), and even ran around to feed people with some dutch delicacies... BITTER BALLS 4 LIFE!
...swoozh, for all his efforts with hardware. Without your monitors, PC event could have been closed down before even starting.
...everyone else, involved with some kind of organization!

...to every single player, for their trip to Almelo! Sensible Days are made by people, great people. You are those people!

About the tournaments:

Ok, here is Blazej.....................................
and back here is the rest of us!
It took 9 years for someone to win a double, again. Who else could have done it (in that kind of style!!!), if not you? And there is no end in sight, if you keep playing. It will be a great challenge for all of us, to rob you off your titles again, or at least one of them!

Also, big respect to lemonheadiv. 1st ever World Cup participation, without flinching, flying straight down to the AMIGA final and taking the silver medal.
Nerves of steal vs. Lobo (QF) and Bomb (semis).

About myself, I am very happy with my performance. Finally won the last missing title in my collection, the XBLA one. Reaching another final on PC, and winning Bronze on Amiga is very nice, in consideration of only being stopped and defeated by the later double winner and being very much competitive with anyone else.

Great moments:
- Changing tactics on Sensi 1.2 coaching bench on pitch. (from 4-4-2 -- EXIT) Don t try this at home!! ;D
- Penalty shootout between Paider and andib! WOW!!!
- Spir vs. Blazej on Sensi 1.2, -- STADIUM MODE: ON!
- Bobbie talking about next year, and suggesting the onion cup follow up: TOMATO CUP!!!
- Bomb getting back from 0-3 1st leg defeat vs. djowGer on Amiga Last 16, winning 5-0.
- XBLA semi finals, NO REPLAYS PLEASEEEEE!!!! :( ;D ::) We couldn t take it anymore at 2:30 am on Monday morning...
- HeinAir (PC! :D) and Paider (AMIGA! :D) winning the onion cups for Germany!!
- Lobo beating the record for highest win on AMIGA (15-0 vs. boesjesman...) OMG!!
- Rock winning a medal on XBLA SWOS!!
- Everyone booing during ALI vs. Blazej s Amiga QF, when the ball fell on the ground after endless headers. :o
- Seeing some nice comebacks, like Oli O. for example, and Captainthunder (even though he didn t play)

2017, here we come! SENSIBLE DAYS MUST GO ON!

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds