Idea for Sensidays 2017 (Sensible Weeks)

8 years 2 months ago #131990 by ElMichaJ
well.... here some kind of idea which is a bit special:

there is a range of some weeks, maybe 6 to 8

in this weeks we will do some official national (or multinational) tournaments as qualifiers,
like in Poland, Denmark, Italy and German .... or spain and portugal together ... or greece, bulgaria, serbia and turkey ^^

the best players of each tournament will be qualified for a masters in berlin
(maybe 24 - 4 groups of 6 - supergroups - KOs)

and the other players can join too, but doing some own tournaments..... and maybe a local qualifier in the morning for the last masters places

the main idea is to force some offline tournaments everywhere
having the best in masters ... and doing many games against best players without having very late hour

details may be discussed ... what about that idea ?

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #131993 by Rock and Roll
I m not sure about the Masters idea (24 players is difficult, and some players (like me) don t have a hope of qualifying, except if they have an easy region).
I do like the idea of national / regional tournaments.

For example. At the moment we are thinking of organizing a pre-Sensi Days tournament (April/May-ish), a kind of Confederations Cup without any restrictions (only a small amount of participants). In coming years maybe a bigger annual tournament somewhere. A kind of Dutch Open. At the moment we have things like the Nordic Open which fit the same criteria. Maybe we need more in other countries?

More
8 years 2 months ago #132014 by AndYpsilon
In my opinion everybody who wants to join Sensi Days should be able to do so without qualifying - like Rock said. Remember one of the points of your agenda:
The Sensible Days are not only about pure competition. It s also meant to be a meeting of SWOS fans around Europe and the world. Don t be scared of the high level and the tough competition. ;)

However, I agree in the point that we need some more offline tournaments again. We have Nordic Open and Eifel-X-Mas-Cup once a year,
furthermore some local tournaments but there s space for more: Mailand is a good start for some new tournaments :)

8 years 2 months ago #132015 by ElMichaJ
well ... there should be also a local qualifier on the event also, before the main event.

It should help to end tournaments earlier =)

More
8 years 2 months ago #132016 by Rock and Roll
I think Sensi Days can (and should) end earlier, with the same amount .of participants
Methods:
- Groups should have a maximum of 6 or 7 players.
For example, let s see we get 40 players in Almelo this year.
I would actually prefer 8 groups of 5 with the top 4 qualifying for the last 32 than for example 5 groups of 8.
The cucumber cup could then be between the bottom 8 and the losers in the last 32.
- More keypads (as I previously posted, which I will again in the equipment topic later this week, we need people to make some).
- If a group has problems due to hardware, callibration etc., games in that group can be played on two computers sooner than before.
To put it another way; we need 2 more working pc s / amiga s than groups.
- I don t like def-losses, but if people keep stalling...........

This is something I really want to discuss before coming Sensi Days. I d love to finish the tournaments earlier (especially Amiga for
the people who have to work in the morning, and for the finalists who deserve a full crowd). Better put, we are going to finish them earlier :).

I for one wouldn t like to participate in a Sensi Days where I wasn t allowed to play the SWOS cracks like Playaveli, lobo, Marin, djowGer and so on. There are rare occasions I actually don t lose against them. If you look back to previous Sensi Days the surprises (e.g. Nepus in Amiga and our cucumber cup winner Schulle) really made the tournament interesting. And would e.g. Hawkz have won Sensi Days? A Masters tournament could be good, but it s not
Sensi Days in my opinion.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132017 by AndYpsilon
Agree with Rock in most points.

BUT: Groups of only 5 are too small for Sensi Days imo. People who travel a long distance have only 8 matches in group?
You also want to have as many different opponents as possible - I don t see this with such small groups.
I think groups of 7 would be okay and guarantee a fast group stage as well.

Groups of 8 are only good if there are really enough keypads and you don t have to search 10-15 minutes for some players.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #132018 by ElMichaJ
i must say i dont like these big big KO Trees.... nearly all players in kos last time .... 48 or so and big breaks sometimes between ko matches.
6 KO rounds is really much :/

i would prefer that only 3 (quarterfinals) or maximum 4 rounds are made in KO.

I like the idea of supergroups. So we need smaller faster groups, but then more groupstages.... because.

sometimes you get a real easy group when you are a good player .... then you do 14 matches vs 7 oppoentes and maybe one ko (break after groupstage to next KO sometimes THREE hours)

with supergroups you can be sure to have played against more opponents and they are on the same level like you.
the main problems will be the hardware and an interesting tournament groups mode.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #132020 by Playaveli
To get in on the act of it:
If we want to have more offline activity, we first need a better online game mode to gain more interest and get more activity.

For example:
- Redhair s beta version out of beta status. A lobby/launcher with nice graphical layout, related to SWOS.
- Combination of website and online game (like DIY files being inserted into uae memory state, auto-import of teams etc).
- Website design more back to a form of intuitive usage. It s too complicated for new players.

We need to get to a point where:
- No tutorial is needed anymore, for almost nothing! Pick up, play, share/enter results.

Sorry if I went off topic, on the first glance. But I think it s connected to each other, in a way that we need more people/players/activity around here.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132023 by Rock and Roll
I agree here totally with Number One and Playa.

Concerning Sensi Days:

It might be better to only have 16 players in the ko s.
With supergroups you could get this system:

First Round - 8 groups of 5 - Top 4 to supergroups (seeded), Bottom to Cucumber Cup
Second Round - 8 groups of 4 - Top 2 to knockouts or maybe only the winner?
Third Round and so on - KO

Cucumber Cup could then be 1 group of 8 or 2 groups of 4.

We could also think about the possibility of only playing one match against each other opponent in the First group / and or / Cucumber Cup.
I think we all understand that my experiences in Denmark and Poland have really lead me to believe we always should have a Cucumber Cup :).
Assuming all you play all opponents twice in a group / supergroup. You then play 8+6=14 matches before the KO s.
The bottom 8 would then get 8+6=14 or 8+7 = 15 matches.
The system has the added advantage that you play more matches against people at your level .

Question is: how many matches should the winner have to have played in a tournament? Max 20?

Concerning Playa, yet again I totally agree. We have an excellent framework with some excellent products. Time to add a bit of spit and polish and turn this into something not great, but absolutely amazing. The work people have done is really breathtaking.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132024 by Rock and Roll
Concerning the website etc.. What would make it easier? What would the homepage look like?
Man we re off topic here :)

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds