Idea for Sensidays 2017 (Sensible Weeks)

8 years 2 months ago #132025 by ElMichaJ
Example for 36 players

1st round: 6 groups of 6
- first 2 players of each group go to supergroups (group of 1st and group of 2nd)
- place 3 and 4 go Second Chance groups (best 2 of each 2nd chance group goto ko)
- last 2 players of eachgroup play 2 cucumber groups of six players with quarterfinals / semis / finales

2nd round
- Mastergroup 6 groupwinners play for seeding position 1 to 6 in KO Tree
- Supergroup 6 group-2nds play for seeding position 7 to 12 in KO Tree
- 2 2nd Chance groups - Place 1 and 2 of each group will go to ko - position 13-16
- Cucumber group 1 - every 5th place - seeding place 1 to 6 cucumber tree
- cucumber group 2 - every 6th place - 2 qualifierst for 7 and 8 in cucumber tree

- KO Stages in World and Cucumber Cups

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132027 by Playaveli

Example for 36 players

- first 2 players of each group go to supergroups (group of 1st and group of 2nd)
- place 3 and 4 go Second Chance groups (best 2 of each 2nd chance group goto ko)
- last 2 players of eachgroup play 2 cucumber groups of six players with quarterfinals / semis / finales

2nd round
- 2 2nd Chance groups - Place 1 and 2 of each group will go to ko - position 13-16
- cucumber group 2 - every 6th place - 2 qualifierst for 7 and 8 in cucumber tree

That format looks good. Definitely worth a further discussion.
In that case, we d need 6 complete systems each, AMIGA/PCs. Ok! If there are more that 36 players in total, would we have more cucumber groups? :)

More
8 years 2 months ago #132028 by AndYpsilon

If we want to have more offline activity, we first need a better online game mode to gain more interest and get more activity.

It would be enough when more of our active players would host some tournaments again ;)
I think it s not because of the online mode, that there are only a handful of offline cups left.
The reasons are rather time and understandable RL issues as well as the motivation to host
a cup than the online game mode.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132029 by Bomb

i would prefer that only 3 (quarterfinals) or maximum 4 rounds are made in KO.

I like the idea of supergroups. So we need smaller faster groups, but then more groupstages.... because.

sometimes you get a real easy group when you are a good player .... then you do 14 matches vs 7 oppoentes and maybe one ko (break after groupstage to next KO sometimes THREE hours)

sometimes THREE hours -- true...

at maximum 7 players each group, a second (master, super, cucumber) group stage and less KOs -- it would minimize the delay between last group game and first KO game for many players. and the earlier quarter-, semifinal and final, the bigger the crowd.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132037 by HeinAir
I agree with AndYpsilon. The only way to reach more offline-activity is hosting more offline-tournaments - in traditional way. In my opinion it doesn t make sense to think too complicated: You only need 1 Amiga, 4 participant at the minimum and after all 2 m² for each person to sleep. ;)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133946 by HairFU
As I allready told you on the [connected] event, I like the idea a lot. Not as Sensible Days, but as a own offline tournament series.
Maybe you can start with a small test. For example 3 or 4 tournaments (just ask the most frequently playing offline countries like Denmark, Germany, Poland an so on - if some person from some other country wanted to join this series with an own tournament, that is also fine - the more the better) at the first year where are the best 4 players qualify to the masters.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133984 by AndYpsilon
The idea is great HairFU but looking at the current SWOS offline situation it s difficult to realize imo. People have less time (and maybe less motivation) to organize
cups on a regular basis.

Besides Sensi Days the only regular international tournaments left are Nordic Open, Eifel-X-Mas-Cup and a Berlin Open Cup once a year.
Maybe the [connected] event and the Inter Milan was a start for new annual tournaments - would be great!
There are some other regional or national cups in Denmark and Germany that have a maximum of participants because of limited space in private flats.

As a first step maybe we should ask organizers of former tournaments if they have the motivation to reactivate their cups.
There is potential (Bulgarian Open, CBM Cup, Wroclaw Open, Netherlands Cup, Serbian Open, ISSA, Prague Open, Lubin Offline Cup ...)
- but it s all a matter of time and real-life issues ofc.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #133985 by HairFU
You don t have to create new offline cups or reactivate old ones. Just play normal offline Cups, Make for example a normal Nordic Open, but make it clear, that the best will qualify for the Masters.
You just should test it. If it is work I think you could have more people motivated to organize an offline event, the year after.

More
7 years 8 months ago #134577 by djowGer

Example for 36 players

2nd round

I think this setup would be a very nice change for Sensible Days with around 40+ players and 6 groups. But will take even more time than usual.
However I only see the 2nd groupstage working on PC (IF DIY IS FORCED) due to the tactical rule on Amiga. So I think 2nd groupstage should be played as frindlies (or as several DIY cups - 2 games vs each without the replays/ET/pens of course) on 2 systems to speed things up.
This means that the we need 2 systems or more if possible for each level in the 2nd groupstage. At least on amiga.

2 x systems for Master group (6 players) 1 group - Place 1-6 in KO Bracket
2 x systems for Super group (6 players) 1 group - Place 7-12 in KO Bracket
3-4 x systems for 2nd Chance groups (12 players) 2 groups - 2 x top 2 get Place 13-16 in KO Bracket. 2 x top 1 should play another match for place 13-14. And 2 x top 2 should play for place 15-16, instead of looking at points/goals.
2-4 x systems for Cucumber group / KO (12 players or more - depending how many want to play in this cup)

Top 16 play KO like normal DIY DAYS STYLE.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds