Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 11 months ago #133383 by Rock and Roll
Nice job!
I ve done 6 of the 12 teams in the Faroes so far (the Premier League has 10, and there are 2 non-league teams there,
I m doing them too just to be safe :)).

I ll post my spreadsheet when I ve done if you like so you can use it to test stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133384 by Sida79
I m playing my SWOS update like an RPG...
Looking at height of all the players in the same position and adding HE modifiers
Same for goals, assists, etc.
Making old players more skillful and less speedy and vice versa ;D

More
7 years 11 months ago #133387 by atilla

I m playing my SWOS update like an RPG...
Looking at height of all the players in the same position and adding HE modifiers
Same for goals, assists, etc.
Making old players more skillful and less speedy and vice versa ;D

How do you figure out the skills for players you never seen?

What s your resource for this besides of transfermarkt?

Also, anyone using or used the skills from some Football Manager?

That would be maybe a good thing to create/generate SWOS skills for players from Championship Manager(for example)!

More
7 years 11 months ago #133388 by higgipoker
Do the player squad numbers have any effect on the game? Does the first team have to be in the range 1-11 for it to work?

More
7 years 11 months ago #133389 by Sida79

How do you figure out the skills for players you never seen?

I don t! I m using SWOES generated skills but with modifiers based on player stats and attributes.
E.g. SWOS has no jumpin or balance so it s safe to say that a 194cm player is better at heading than 172cm tall player.
Same goes for old players. We re being unfair to them as transfermarkt prices depend on player age and they ll be worse players in SWOS than they really are.

What s your resource for this besides of transfermarkt?

None. Well, league statistics for some stuff. When I watched the croatian championship I used to make players with real skills but SWOS is not a fan of that.
They get run over by teams with generated skills. SWOS likes players with it s own skill redistribution.

Also, anyone using or used the skills from some Football Manager?

I looked into this way before and always had the feeling they only got the skills right for the most famous players. They probably don t bother, or it would take them a lifetime :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133390 by Sida79

Do the player squad numbers have any effect on the game?

Probably not? Playaveli?

Does the first team have to be in the range 1-11 for it to work?

I don t think so, but I think we ve agreed on using 1-11 to maintain the spirit of the original/or some other reaon.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133403 by Rock and Roll
OK, this is version 1.0 of the Faroe Islands league + the Excel file I use.
The league should be called the Effodeildin, but I didn t dare edit the name :).

I ve uploaded the files to show people how I ve tried to tackle the project.

I used www.transfermarkt.com as a base to determine the most used formation, a player s preferred position and his value.
Most teams didn t have players set to backs/wingers so I guessed a bit :).

I combined this with www.footballzz.com. Here they list the minutes played per player so this gave me an even better idea
who I should put in the first 11 / the full 16. Problem is this site places players in different positions than transfermarket.
So sometimes a defender on transfermarket was an attacker on footballzz and vice versa.
The site also has a lot of players photos, so I used this to decide which head/hair-type to use (though I m useless at the
difference between blonde (Y in my Excel file) and brown (B).

I also tried to find each team s 2016 strips, but Faroese football isn t all that well-documented...and my Faroese isn t all
that good ;).

I name this version 1.0 because I have only used the player values on transfermarket to create the teams (and let swosed
assign the player attribures because it s hard to find more information).

Things to do before the final deadline:
- Tweak the teams to give the best teams an advantage (e.g. B36 are the reigning champions).
- Change teams to facilitate transfers etc. before the September deadline.
- There are 12 teams; 10 in the Effodeildin and 2 Non-League. The two non-league teams I ve created are the two teams
relegated from the Premier League in 2015. The 2016 season ends October 22nd. With a bit of luck we ll know which
10 teams will play in the PL in 2017. The two teams relegated will be the new Non-League teams.
- Other changes for mistakes etc..

I ve already had two playthroughs and B36 actually won both titles which was probably just luck. The rest of the league needs rebalancing.
I couldn t get the game to crash with this file, so I guess it works :).

In other news; I m going to hand the Netherlands leagues and national side back because I know there are people who would like to tackle them.
So could you remove my name from them please. If no-one claims them in the next month or so, I ll re-claim them :).
In return, I ll do the Icelandic league + national team, and I ll do the El Salvador leagues. These will take a bit more time due to work commitments the coming weeks.
Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #133407 by atilla

More
7 years 11 months ago #133408 by Rock and Roll

soccerwiki.org/wiki.php

This site doesn t really work for the Faroes seeing as the teams are from last season and they usually only have one player per team.
It s a great site for the bigger leagues though :).

More
7 years 11 months ago #133409 by Gorzo

I combined this with www.footballzz.com. Here they list the minutes played per player so this gave me an even better idea
who I should put in the first 11 / the full 16.

Rock on transfermarkt.de you have the option who played how many minutes :)

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds