Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 11 months ago #133411 by Rock and Roll

I combined this with www.footballzz.com. Here they list the minutes played per player so this gave me an even better idea
who I should put in the first 11 / the full 16.

Rock on transfermarkt.de you have the option who played how many minutes :)

Yes, but I combined it with the other site because I saw some indescrepencies, and I found that site handier :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133416 by Rock and Roll
I set the players with transfer value 0 to value 25k- in swosed. Then pressed the triangle to create the skills automatically.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133418 by Rock and Roll
I know 0-7 = 8-15, but I think the 0-7 range was only if you manually edited the skills. Then again I might be wrong.
As it stands I have to re-edit the whole file because my team.011 crashes. I just want to figure out why so I don t make
the same mistake twice. That s the reason I have the Excel files, they re the most time consuming and the most important to keep atm :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133419 by higgipoker

As it stands I have to re-edit the whole file because my team.011 crashes. I just want to figure out why...

OK man, I ll take a look at the file too, see if I can come up with anything!

More
7 years 11 months ago #133423 by Rock and Roll
That s what I thought too. Changed it; same result.

If I take the original file and import any one updated team into it...it still crashes.

Strange :).

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133426 by armandojimenez

Sorry, file looks good to me. Really can t find anything in the hex, and I can import all 12 teams fine.

if is ok we can add the name of teams and ID to database for future fast updates (*.csv)
GENERAL ID TEAM NAME TEAM FILE
1066 B36 TORSHAVN 11
1067 B68 TOFTIR 11
1068 AB ARGIR 11
1069 VIKINGUR GOTA 11
1070 HB TORSHAVN 11
1071 IF FUGLAFJORDUR 11
1072 KI KLAKSVIK 11
1073 FC SUDUROY 11
1074 NSI RUNAVIK 11
1075 EB / STREYMUR 11
1076 TB TVOROYRI 11
1077 SKALA IF 11

anybody have te database of actual teams?

i have this 96-97
www.dropbox.com/s/ybbqd6al8qo46wg/teams%2096-97.txt?dl=0

thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago #133427 by Playaveli
@ALL: Please don t attach team files to your post. Send them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ! I will create an online folder and add all editors to a mailing list.

This is for quite a few reasons:
- To prevent things like THIS
- Keeping this topic clean from questions like when is it ready? why you edit like this? etc.
- To release this game as a whole thing, rather than piece by piece.

Do the player squad numbers have any effect on the game?

Probably not? Playaveli?

Does the first team have to be in the range 1-11 for it to work?

I don t think so, but I think we ve agreed on using 1-11 to maintain the spirit of the original/or some other reaon.

Correct, shirt numbers have no effect!
And, yes, use 1-11 for starting 11.

OK, this is version 1.0 of the Faroe Islands league + the Excel file I use.
The league should be called the Effodeildin, but I didn t dare edit the name :).

I ve already had two playthroughs and B36 actually won both titles which was probably just luck. The rest of the league needs rebalancing.
I couldn t get the game to crash with this file, so I guess it works :).

In other news; I m going to hand the Netherlands leagues and national side back because I know there are people who would like to tackle them.
So could you remove my name from them please. If no-one claims them in the next month or so, I ll re-claim them :).
In return, I ll do the Icelandic league + national team, and I ll do the El Salvador leagues. These will take a bit more time due to work commitments the coming weeks.

Well done, Rock!! :) I will take care of changing the league names.
Updated assignments. Thanks!

@ higgi:
- Easy solution for your website: Code it that way, that upon team file upload skill points ranges from 8-15 will be transformed to 0-7 automatically. Possible?

I set the players with transfer value 0 to value 25k- in swosed. Then pressed the triangle to create the skills automatically.

Totally fine!

Damn.

The file I uploaded crashes after you play 1 career game.
I ve tried importing individual teams into the original file, but as soon as I import one, the file crashes again.
Any ideas? Otherwise I ll just have to re-enter them again.

Is it because I edited the 2 non-league teams too?

?? Tested it... works fine!
What kind of error message you get? In DOS window/prompt?

@armando: Please use skill generator topic for more updates on your excel file. Thanks! ;)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133430 by Playaveli

@ higgi:
- Easy solution for your website: Code it that way, that upon team file upload skill points ranges from 8-15 will be transformed to 0-7 automatically. Possible?

Absolutely, consider it done!

Do you know the actual effect of the 8-15 range in the game? Special skills (like FSV ) or extra wages in career mode?

There has been constant debate about this for years.
Most probably, it has something to do with player wages in career mode. But your guess about the skill letters was also a favorite one!

After all, it doesn t matter, because the on-pitch-effect is just the same. ;)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133431 by Rock and Roll
@Playa:

The crash I get is after playing or simulating a game in Career in the Faroese league.
I ll try a full reinstall to see if that corrects my problem.
If it does, strange that the original team.011 doesn t crash on my pc, this one does.
I can t see an error message. The screen just shows part of the league table in green on a black screen and quits.

Concerning uploading things here; well I wanted one file here to help people edit and to create / test stuff.
The rest will all be mailed :D

More
7 years 11 months ago #133432 by Playaveli

@Playa:

The crash I get is after playing or simulating a game in Career in the Faroese league.
I ll try a full reinstall to see if that corrects my problem.
If it does, strange that the original team.011 doesn t crash on my pc, this one does.
I can t see an error message. The screen just shows part of the league table in green on a black screen and quits.

Concerning uploading things here; well I wanted one file here to help people edit and to create / test stuff.
The rest will all be mailed :D

Okidoke! I will simulate a full season, again.
For current kits (is it that what you meant by strips ?), wikipedia does a good job: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroe_Islands_Premier_League#2016_teams

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds