Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 9 months ago #134094 by Sida79
Yes, the problem is not nearly as pronounced for better teams and players that are not too old or were such world class players that they have a decent price until the day they retire, that s why I make sure younger players have a bit more secondary skills and older have only key skills.

However, when your most expensive player is 300k and your star gramps is 110k, you re out of options... 110k is 9 skill points so he can only have 1 top skill. Or one good and one mediocre :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #134096 by Playaveli

However, when your most expensive player is 300k and your star gramps is 110k, you re out of options... 110k is 9 skill points so he can only have 1 top skill. Or one good and one mediocre :)

Ah, well, that price range (below 300k) is a different story. I think nobody will a) dramatize and/or b) even notice when you give some extra cash for one or another of the older guys, in a region of transfermarkt x1.5, for some special old players!
Just keep it well balanced.

More
7 years 9 months ago #134097 by Bomb

---
Current assignments and editing status: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241

In the meantime, I finished LITHUANIA league. Uploaded!

@playa: good news!
@all: and great to see the progress on www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241. insane load of work there.

I ll try to finish african continent inthe next weeks.

• Duck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134102 by Duck
Hello, if Gorzo is not particularly interested in the Czech Republic, I can take it.

I have experiences with editing, about 10 years ago we (me, ceBBek, Giorro) were making massive updates like this (unfortunately pages are gone, so you remember me or you must trust me:D)

Red from the Czech Republic

More
7 years 9 months ago #134103 by Sida79

I think nobody will a) dramatize and/or b) even notice when you give some extra cash for one or another of the older guys, in a region of transfermarkt x1.5, for some special old players!

That s ok, I can always make an unofficial one just for my own enjoyment!
We can address the issue on 30 years anniversary update :D

More
7 years 9 months ago #134110 by Sida79
I ve found a way to make very SWOS-like updates. I m using the SWOS database to extract the exact distribution of skills for a group of players.
(e.g. what percentage of defenders has Heading 7, 6, 5, etc.)
I m using both player (height, age, goals, assists, etc.) and team characteristics (goals for and against, etc) to calculate his SWOS skills and scale them to his price. (main skill not scaled as that would defeat the purpose)

I m using data for additional positions played to create some extra randomness.
E.g. player that player 12 games as wing back and 12 as winger will have a template which is exactly 50/50 back/winger skills.
That will then be additionally modded with all I ve mentioned before.
If he s a a RB in a team with great defense he ll have more tackling than a 50/50 back/winger would. If he s supershort he ll have less heading. If he s 47 he ll have speed 0. Etc.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #134111 by Playaveli

Hello, if Gorzo is not particularly interested in the Czech Republic, I can take it.

I have experiences with editing, about 10 years ago we (me, ceBBek, Giorro) were making massive updates like this (unfortunately pages are gone, so you remember me or you must trust me:D)

Red from the Czech Republic

I remember you and ceBBek! :) Welcome, mate! (do you have the old URLs?)

*edit*

As you can see here: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241.0
Czech Rep. league is already done, beta status. Only transfers need to be done by Gorzo, after August.

But you may, of course, help with the still unassigned leagues, ONLY 8 LEAGUES OPEN:

- Belarus
- Cyprus
- Israel
- Luxembourg
- Romania
- Slovakia
- Slovenia
- U.S.A.

• Duck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #134117 by Duck
Nice! We have not webpages anymore, but if is someone interested in 2006 rosters here are data. You would need modified exe to play career, but I cant upload more than 0.9Mb I still play these for nostalgia reasons.

I do not follow now football as I used to so I would be not good for foreign countries. I can probably make export from Czech Soccer Manager which last update from Autumn 2015 has all these leagues except Belarus and update transfers acccording webpage, but some user from these countries would be probably not pleased:D

If you are making historic teams, I hope to see Czech Republic 2004 because we were beast! :D

Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #134118 by Playaveli
Hehe, ok! in that case, let some others do the job. Thanks anyway.
About the website you had, do you remember the URL (website address??). It might have been stored in webarchive.
archive.org/web/

• Duck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #134120 by Duck

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds