Re: SWOS 16/17 Error and bug reports

• zigeuner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #135942 by zigeuner
Replied by zigeuner on topic Re: SWOS 16/17 Error and bug reports
Oh yeah I meant the Amiga Version
It would be great to have an option to mute the sound effects in matches

Since I m only interested in the South American leagues, I have to say nice job from Xflea in editing all of them
Some of the Stammaufstellungen (like Mora from River Plate only on bench) and player strenghts (like underpowered D Alessandro) are not satisfying. It would be nice if he could modify the Stammaufstellungen and Strenghts a little bit

But alles in allem I respect the effort and work from Xflea, thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #135944 by Playaveli

Edit file: swos.UAE (Folder Configurations ). Use Texteditor or Notepad.

sound_output=false

More
7 years 4 months ago #135948 by SaintGav
I have a fix for the joystick calibration in SWOS++, or at least it worked for me.

Browse to the DOSBOX folder and edit the ipx.conf file with notepad. Look for the following:

joysticktype=auto
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

Change the timed=true value to timed=false. Save the file and restart the game. Hope this works for others

More
7 years 4 months ago #135949 by SaintGav
Also, would it be possible to add new players that have come out of injury to my beloved Southampton? Soffiane Boufal is our record signing but hadnt played due to injury at time of updating :(. Anyways well done everyone and hope we get the problems ironed out soon :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #135950 by barnettgs

This may have been mentioned previously but the Joystick calibration in the SWOS++ menu doesn t work correctly. When calibrating the Joystick the numbers for example for bottom right fluctuate between 1200 and 1600. This Problem also occurs when calibrating the middle Position.

I have the exactly the same problem, with 2 or 3 different gamepads...SaintGav s solution below has just fixed it!

I have a fix for the joystick calibration in SWOS++, or at least it worked for me.

Browse to the DOSBOX folder and edit the ipx.conf file with notepad. Look for the following:

joysticktype=auto
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

Change the timed=true value to timed=false. Save the file and restart the game. Hope this works for others

Thanks, this has fixed it for me, finally!

More
7 years 4 months ago #135951 by Ricardo
First of all, thank you very much for the amazing work to bring swos back.
I know that you will not update any teams/size etc but I feel sad to see that the Portuguese football is only represented by 1 league.
Which makes the championship a bit monotonous with no relegations or promotions as including a league 2 would make things more interesting.
Even Holland has 2 leagues :p (don t take it personal). The first league is there, adding the second league wouldn´t be a hassle :p

I noticed that in Benfica, Luisão (Benfica s Central Defender Captain)is not even there. Also Nélson Semedo (Right side defender)is not there and also lot´s of other players. It would be nice in a future rather then having trial/loan/reserves fake player names to add other real players.

Thanks and good job.

More
7 years 4 months ago #135952 by xflea

Since I m only interested in the South American leagues, I have to say nice job from Xflea in editing all of them
Some of the Stammaufstellungen (like Mora from River Plate only on bench) and player strenghts (like underpowered D Alessandro) are not satisfying. It would be nice if he could modify the Stammaufstellungen and Strenghts a little bit

But alles in allem I respect the effort and work from Xflea, thanks a lot

hi zigeuner,

thanks for your kind words :)

and thank you for finding LUCAS PRATTO error - my mistake

about replacing LUCAS PRATTO with FRED - I was using soccerway data for statistics for this season:
pl.soccerway.com/teams/brazil/clube-atletico-mineiro/317/
and it showed me a lot more appearances of FRED...

also River Plate:
pl.soccerway.com/teams/argentina/club-atletico-river-plate/107/
Mora had 4 matches, 0 goals
Driussi 9 matches, 7 goals
that s why I chose Driussi

if you are familiar with the facts those players should be replaced (injuries, etc.) please share with me

about values - all values are from transfermarkt, except the cases when there was no price there - then I had to evaluate by my own :)

also if you have any more insight into South America teams and players you are welcome to share with me - it is really very helpful

More
7 years 4 months ago #135953 by Playaveli

joysticktype=auto
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

Thanks for sharing. I ll consider to make this setting a default, for Dec11 patch.

More
7 years 4 months ago #135954 by Playaveli

The first league is there, adding the second league wouldn´t be a hassle :p

I noticed that in Benfica, Luisão (Benfica s Central Defender Captain)is not even there. Also Nélson Semedo (Right side defender)is not there and also lot´s of other players. It would be nice in a future rather then having trial/loan/reserves fake player names to add other real players.

Thanks and good job.

About leagues:
Sorry, we decided to go by original game structure of SWOS 96/97.
If we add a league to Portugal, we have to delete some other league? But which? Discussions would be endless.
So, that s up to private updating.

About the players:
There are no fake names, at all. All players are real ones, from the squads of teams, as listed on transfermarkt.com!
But I can promise to review those a little, if the mistakes are that apparently. Will consult a friend of mine from Portugal.

Thanks for your feedback.

• zigeuner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #135955 by zigeuner
Replied by zigeuner on topic Re: SWOS 16/17 Error and bug reports
An Xflea:

I didn t know you go after Soccerway statistics dear friend...well then the Strenghts and Formations are OK of course. Forget my critic about it, just leave it like that

Maybe edit minor cosmetic stuff with these club names:
Gimnasia Laplata (ARG1) -- GIMNASIA LP
Crucero Delnorte (ARG2) -- CRUCERO DEL N.

The rest is of course great job and thank you again for your effort. I m looking forward for the corrected final version on 11th December

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds