Re: SWOS 16/17 Error and bug reports

More
7 years 3 months ago #136392 by xflea
wow, SWOS is really a powerful drug :D

a bunch of pixels and several pages of forum arguing...

but seriously - about editing work:

when editing players, sometimes you get only 1 single photo available (bless the internet if there is one good photo) - not every single player is as popular as Ronaldo :P

EVEN in case of famous players there could be doubts - to avoid black and white dilemma I give an example of white and blonde dilemma:

MARIO GOTZE - is he white or is he blonde

ocdn.eu/images/pulscms/YjQ7MDQsMCwwLGQyM...a39b1ace88a9c7a7.jpg

or

www.banzaj.pl/pictures/sport/pilka_nozna...etze/mario_gotze.JPG

hard to tell

imagine you have only one of those pictures available...

thus:

1. I think it is safe to assume EVERY editor gave his best to do his work

2. everyone here in the forum is welcome to post his suggestions - we all read it :) and it is not impossible to make another patch sometime...

no big problem here, friends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136393 by higgipoker

Noone is attacking the great work done here, well, not me for sure and I am quite sure it s the same for Ben. However I am not blind, that s all and I personally don t like when someone pretends not to see a simple mistake/wrong choice, just because in his mind that ruins the perfect picture.

Especially because Ben was probably right.

This is the problem in a nutshell. Now who is making accusations? Nobody said anything about ruining a perfect picture. WTF?!

Simple mistake/wrong choice in YOUR opinion. The fact of the matter is that it is an entirely subjective, and SENSITIVE topic. You could line up photographs of a thousand real players covering every single shade from pale white to darkest black. Where would YOU draw the line? Why are YOU right?

Nobody accused you or Ben of anything. My point was that this has the POTENTIAL to escalate and that we should should shield the editors who have done such a great job from this before it has a chance to.

Anybody who can t see why this particular question is a dangerous mine-filed, as opposed to say player skills, is simply deluded. This is a great community and I just don t want it opened up to questions like well why did you decide this guy is white, he s clearly a black man, what makes someone really black etc etc.

If you aren t wary of the potential of such a discussion to escalate badly, even among friends, then you have lived a very sheltered life!

So yes, I say leave the skin colours as they are now. Not to dismiss people who disagree with the data, but to not impose a difficult decision on the editors, opening them up to arguments and accusations.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136394 by HungryHorace

Also, Sheffield Wednesday squad errors:-

Forestieri should be LW or A

As a Wednesday fan, if he isnt an Attacker in the game, i won t play this update ;)

ON a more serious note, i havent time to read through 18 pages of comments, but has anyone asked... Why hasnt the Wembley image been updated? I did this myself in a fairly receny update and would be willing to share the file.

Also, is there anywhere I can see the final modifications on the pitch fles? Just genuinely curious to see what changes went in.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136397 by Rock and Roll
OK. As has been said, a difficult subject to discuss and I don t think this is the place to discuss it.
I would only like to emphasize that there were even more difficult things to decide on.
Think about strips (there were some crazy ones in El Salvador).
Not just design but colours (pink any one?).
What I found even harder was when a player had black or blond hair.
In El Salvador I was dying to find people without black hair.

It s all subject to opinion.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136404 by Playaveli

Why hasnt the Wembley image been updated? I did this myself in a fairly receny update and would be willing to share the file.

Also, is there anywhere I can see the final modifications on the pitch fles? Just genuinely curious to see what changes went in.

To be honest, we haven t discussed on the Wembley image, but a good idea... Will think about it.
Which image did you take to replace good old Wembley?

Pitch modifications:
- Adboards with 16/17 instead of 96/97
- Coaching zone added in front of the benches!

Other modifications:
- Main menu logo, with 16/17
- Purple background logo, with 16/17
- Loader1.256 (intro)
- TWO.256 (intro)

That s it. We didn t want to change more, but keep the low-key element of the original.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136405 by lemonheadiv

OK. As has been said, a difficult subject to discuss and I don t think this is the place to discuss it.
I would only like to emphasize that there were even more difficult things to decide on.
Think about strips (there were some crazy ones in El Salvador).
Not just design but colours (pink any one?).
What I found even harder was when a player had black or blond hair.
In El Salvador I was dying to find people without black hair.

It s all subject to opinion.

I agree. The black/blond hair is a tough one, as can be the black/white skin. I think a bit of common sense is enough to get things right. No need to make any arithmetic rule or compare shades in photographs (especially when they are all coming from different sources).

Anyway it s never too late if anyone wants to notify us of some wrong choice in skin color.

I don t really see any danger here for us editors or any necessity of a shield . The bug report has been on point so far and I think we know how to reply to any complaint, regardless of its fairness. All of this without resorting to the infamous expression it s not a bug, it s a feature :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #136406 by Playaveli
^^ Well said!

More
7 years 3 months ago #136407 by higgipoker
Well have at it then... I mean I agree, I m one of those who can laugh at calling a black man not a real black man... ;D but you should just be aware that there is the potential for people to take comments/decisions like that VERY seriously. I see the potential for editors to put their foot in it without even realising, if we go down the road of allowing debates over who should be black and who should be white. I just think it s better to avoid it altogether here, that s all.

It is NOT comparable to hair colour. That is simply naive.

More
7 years 3 months ago #136408 by Playaveli
This is democracy, and everyone is entitled to his opinion, as long as it isn t racist or similar. If it is, posts will be deleted, users warned and later banned.
That s it.

So, please keep on reporting bugs, even about skin/hair colors.
If I think they are appropriate, I ll happily perform a patch (if there will be one, at all).

More
7 years 3 months ago #136411 by higgipoker
Aright but imma create a hell of a stink if there is a player who identifies as black but the editor refuses to make him black!!!!

Thank god Eminem isn t a footballer....

;D

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds