Re: SWOS 16/17 Error and bug reports

More
6 years 8 months ago #137815 by Playaveli
LOL! Haha, thanks for sharing. Will try to replicate it next time. Never saw anything like that before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #137820 by captaincofresi
When playing I did notice that it just seemed to affect one of the goalkeepers of the Spain 16/17 teams, the other seemed fine. In this case my goalkeeper was glitching and the one for the cpu was fine.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #137888 by captaincofresi
@Playavelli any news on the teleporting goalkeeper? Could you replicate it? ::) it keeps on happening, in offline play that is. There I keep having the same issue, also with the custom team A.M. United (based on Spain). As I copy the online savedisk over the 16/17 file, as you suggested. And then in a DIY league with the custom teams, I don t only have it against Spain. But the goalkeeper kinda teleports in every match, doesn t matter if it s a 16/17 or 96/97 team.

Edit: well it seems to be only a problem when using the online savedisk offline, well that just doesn t work with Spain 16/17 it seems. And I guess it just was never intended for that purpose ;-). So no problem to be fixed, since the online play seems fine with Spain 16/17.

More
6 years 7 months ago #138071 by JAX-TR
Amiga version not working. When I try to create carrier mode black screen appear. We need Whdload version also.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #138145 by captaincofresi

LOL! Haha, thanks for sharing. Will try to replicate it next time. Never saw anything like that before.

BUG: Goalkeeper will teleport within the box. See the last goal in this video: vimeo.com/228370736.

Conditions needed for the BUG to appear:
- ASWOS version 2.12: Original 1996/97 Season or Updated 2016/17 season.
- Online or offline: Offline.
- Type of player modes in a match: Player (blue) vs Coach (light blue).
- Controls: Keyboard Layout B and PC Joystick 0 (I am using an aJoy adapter with an Amiga The Arcade joystick). This is what I used when testing. BUG might also occur in other instances.
- Team selection: any two 16/17 teams that have identical players, who are mostly not identical at all. E.g. club players and national players who share the exact same name, mostly aren t actual identical in characteristics in the 16/17 database.

Please note that sometimes the BUG won t occur the first match in a friendly, choosing to play a Replay match usually results in the BUG quite fast. It will appear first for the Player (blue) team s goalkeeper. Once the BUG is introducedat the Player (blue) side, the Coach (cpu) goalkeeper will also be teleporting in the box.

[edit on the 6th of October] It seems to be only limited to De Gea, goalkeeper with Spain 16/17 as Playaveli points out later in this thread. Please note that once the bug occurs, sometimes the opponents GK is also affected. And it might also just be affecting the matches that follow.

Question: Has anyone been able to recreate this BUG?

More
6 years 6 months ago #138152 by djowGer
@cofresi:
Im sorry, but what is this obsession about a bug in the game? There are plenty of bugs in the game. Just go to youtube to see a few if you need to. We have no chance of fixing anything in the game, since it is amiga code running through an emulator, updated stats or not.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #138155 by captaincofresi

@cofresi:
Im sorry, but what is this obsession about a bug in the game? There are plenty of bugs in the game. Just go to youtube to see a few if you need to. We have no chance of fixing anything in the game, since it is amiga code running through an emulator, updated stats or not.

Thanks for your question.

For me it was just that the online play also wasn t really fun anymore, and that was the thing that became more of an obsession. So I really needed to take a step back, and play more offline and online only from time to time. Even though offline is not at good substitute to get better, I do maintain my level a bit and the muscle memory ;-). So I als wanted to make offline play as hard as possible for me, by choosing Coach for the opponent and changing there formation to either 523 or to one of the Custom tactics on the savedisk.

So to keep having fun with the Sensi game it now works best if I can use my online team also offline (as I could when using Brazil 96/97). Since with offline I do like to have the option to play whenever I like, and not have to go and wait for online players who are about the same level as me. Also, I did put a lot of time and effort in switching to the Spain 16/17 team for online play, that I used in the summer ASL5. And for me this just was the last analysis of the Goalkeeper teleport bug, just to see if I was the only one and to see if it could be fixed. Now that I know there is no chance of fixing the bug I will look for the best alternative to play offline.

If my analysis is now correct, I could still play offline with the top 16/17 national teams without the Goalkeeper teleport bug occuring. Offline, the only downside is now that I can t play against any of the best 16/17 club teams.
Or I could choose to use either Brazil 96/97 or Italy 96/97 for online play as well as for offline play.

So I do have my solutions to work around the bug now. It s just that I find it very odd to have a forum topic called Error and bug reports if there is no chance of fixing the bugs . It s rather useless then. Since all I wanted to do is help you improve the game and the updated 16/17 database by reporting this bug.

More
6 years 6 months ago #138157 by djowGer
If you go to the first post of this thread you will see why the topic was created. Mostly to make creators of the 16/17 patch aware of any flaws like wrong hair/skin colors, misspelled names, formation choices etc. Not to fix the actual game code, but I see your point.

I haven t tried to replicate your bug yet, perhaps some time later.

You should get back to online. You can always play friendlies without any pressure. It will still make you a better player. I only use offline play to practice goals or test tactics. Defensively it is rather useless.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #138163 by captaincofresi
Thanks for trying to replicate the bug. It might still just be only me... LOL since I just discovered playing Spain 16/17 vs Brazil 16/17 in a DIY league with the same GK teleport bug that I described. So there goes my theory of double players ;-) But it does confirm that it s mostly the second match, not the first match that is will occur. Well, and it also doesn t work to replace one obsession (taking online play too seriously) with another obsession (debugging something that won t be fixed) ... so I will just let it go now :-\ :D.

And thanks for pointing out why the topic was created, can understand that it also was mostly created to have an updated database when playing online ;-).

Time for me to just accept the situation and be 8) about it. Then from now on it will jus tbe A.M. United (as long as it s on the savedisk) or Spain 16/17 for online play with ASWOS 16/17. And just us my old team Brazil 96/97 for offline play with the ASWOS 96/97. Since all in all it s just great that the programs even exist for online play ;D

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #138164 by Playaveli
It has nothing to do with the player names!
It s only Spain s DE GEA with this bug.

Funny enough, I had found another goalkeeper bug while doing the update. Neuer from Bayern reacted slowly like a grandpa on PC DOS version, while playing vs. CPU teams. ;D

Neuer and De Gea are the most expensive (ergo: best!) goalkeepers in SWOS 16/17. Makes me suspicious.

@djowger: you have experience with super-teams... did you notice any strange GK behavior with a 15M price tag?

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds