Researchers wanted!

More
5 years 4 months ago #140431 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
That s magnificent work, xflea! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kefka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #140433 by Kefka
Replied by Kefka on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
Oceania has had some major changes since 96/97
The australian top league now consist of 10 teams, one of those is from New Zealand. In swos there are 3 lower leagues, now there are 8. New Zealand only had 3 regional leagues in 96/97, now there is a top league played in the summer and four regional leagues in the winter. Not sure what to do.

More
5 years 4 months ago #140434 by Rock and Roll

Oceania has had some major changes since 96/97
The australian top league now consist of 10 teams, one of those is from New Zealand. In swos there are 3 lower leagues, now there are 8. New Zealand only had 3 regional leagues in 96/97, now there is a top league played in the summer and four regional leagues in the winter. Not sure what to do.

I did Australia and New Zealand in 16/17 and it was a lot of research :).
E.g. Australia has 10 leagues at Tier 2 of their football pyramid. The 8 leagues which form the National Premier Leagues but also 2 which form the Northern Territory.
This is what I did.

Australia
A-League = 10 A-League teams + 2 finalists of the regional playoffs
National Premier North = Top 4 from Western Australia / North Territory Region (2 from each league I think) / Queensland
National Premier South = Top 4 from Southern Australia / Top 6 from Victoria / Top 4 from Tasmania
National Premier South East = Top 4 from Australia Central Territory / Northern NSW and New South Wales
The two finalists I put in the A-League would have been in the National Premier South East, so I used the fifth place teams from their respective leagues.

New Zealand
ASL Premiership = 10 ASL Premiership teams
North Island = Top 5 from the NRFL and Central Leagues
South Island = Top 5 from the Mainland and FootballSouth Leagues

More
5 years 4 months ago #140443 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
Hello!
If this project allow almost unlimited amount of divisions (per country), im willing to help with Finland one (teams, players, leaguestructures etc). Atleast premier division, 1.division and 2.division (which is divided 4 diffrent groups). None will play with them, but atleast there is a possibility. As interesting as Ecuador :D

When it is needed, send me a pm or something!

br
Fincad

More
5 years 4 months ago #140447 by Rock and Roll
2nd division in Finland......throwback to the clubs I followed in the early nineties...Kuusysi Lahti and Reipas Lahti.
Kuusysi did well in Europe, actually won a leg against Liverpool (though they got thrashed in the reverse fixture) if I remember...
Be cool to see them :)

More
5 years 4 months ago #140451 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
Hi Rock!

Kuusysi and Reipas Lahti, lol. Those were the days my friend. My hometown MP had the golden years in the early 90s too :D
Btw, Litmanen s youth time club was Reipas Lahti. More about Kuusysi en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Kuusysi

I think we have like 1+6 official division (some of them have 4...6 groups) playing under the football association of Finland, all of them are more or less crap compared to midlevel european leagues and teams :D

But still, MP forever

Br Fincad

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #140458 by Playaveli
@ all researchers:

Good progress! This document is shaping up... :)

Some clarification to the duration tab:
We need this piece of info if competitions get extended.

Example:
Coupe de France of SWOS 96/97 is played with 32 teams from FEB-JUN!
If that cup gets extended to 64 teams (as of now), we need to let it start earlier in the season to get all rounds squeezed in the career calendar (SEP-JUN).

More
5 years 4 months ago #140565 by Playaveli
Can somebody summarize how far along we are now with this doc?

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #140568 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Researchers wanted!
I have completed SOUTH AMERICA (in fact - CONMEBOL - SURINAM should be excluded) a few weeks ago.

I did 96/97 summary (that we know for sure) - highlighted in yellow.

I did not want to interfere with someone else s work on 18/19 status - I did not touch that.

BTW - which season do we want to recreate for the new update? 18/19, 19/20? because the information in 18/19 section sometimes includes conditional data, ie. now it is 20 teams but will be 16... I guess we need fixed data on everything to have clear indications to code leagues and teams, right?

PS. oh, one more thing: as far as I know SOUTH AMERICA competitions include only leagues - no national cups at all... seems the producers did not care for them :) question is: do we try to fix it or not?

More
5 years 4 months ago #140570 by sensibleswos
North America, Algeria, Ghana, India and New Zealand also did not have cup competitions if I remember correctly!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds