How to add my own '19 / '20 pitch based on the 2016_17 - SWOS United Anniv. Ed

More
3 years 11 months ago #143358 by captaincofresi
Hi, first of all thanks for the v1.1. That must have been lots of work, also getting the HD done.

As for the New Retro HD pitch, I would only use it if:
1) I would know how to removed the 1-pixel emblem from the players in HD. (since when I copy my SWOS folder from the Total Pack, that seems to be fixed for non-HD at least). Just don't know if the 'one color kits' are an option for the HD version.
2) Remove the low-res boarding, that does not fit the rest of the crisp New Retro HD pitch.
3) Nice to have: the added assistant referees I suggested above on the New Retro HD pitch for all the different pitches. To me it seems more logical to have them at all weather conditions, instead of on just some (as it is in Official 2020 mode).

4) >> With that in mind, I am now still using the pitch with the assistant referees as my favorite pitches in non-hd mode. And also only play in non-hd mode for now. So it would still be nice to have the Assistant Referees closer to the line as I describe in the images above, using the 'one distance of the width of one assitant referee' as the standard distance 'from the line'.

I am open to discuss this, and see what might be the best approach with the new v1.1 HD / non-hd version that has been released. And I wonder if it is at all possible to add new pitches myself to the v1.1 so they show up in the pull-down menu, although that might be a bit complicated to do?

5) And now that it seems the '19 / '20 season is over. It might be better to instead of using '19 / '20 for the top boarding to replace it with one of these: 2020 / SWOS 2020 / Fifa Fair Play (with a font that is pixelated and would fit with the boarding that is).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #143364 by Playaveli
For all of that stuff you must wait for TOTAL PACK 1.2!

More
3 years 11 months ago #143369 by captaincofresi
Thanks for the update, I will wait then ;-). All the best with the development.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #143370 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

For all of that stuff you must wait for TOTAL PACK 1.2!

Just hope I can then still copy/paste the SWOS folder from the Total Pack 1.2 to the SWOS 2020 1.1, so I can use it on my Mac with custom settings (although have not yet tested the 1.1. version on Mac though).

At least for the non-hd stuff, it works to copy my SWOS folder from the current Total Pack to SWOS 2020 v.1.1 .
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #143618 by captaincofresi
Now that I have played the SWOS2020 version with the New Retro HD pitch, a couple of suggestions for that pitch. Option to toggle on/off in the Total Pack v 1.2.

Added assistant referees (just oustide of the edge of the screen, so they show up only when playing more towards the edge, or at throw ins / corners; as mentioned before in this post).
  • Nice to have: Subtle damaged grass along the sideline where they walk. If this is possible to make it look conistent with the HD graphics, if not just don't do this.

Nice to have: subtle damage to the grass (as seen in the 2016/17 SWOS United Anniv. Ed pitch by Redhair & Playaveli). Again, only if it is possible to make this look good in HD. If this gets as bad as the low resolution sideboarding that is in the game now, better to leave it.
  • Corner flags, where players take corners.
  • Edge of the 5 meter line goalkeeper, where goalkeeper takes the goal kicks.
  • The 9 meter circle edge of the box, where the goalkeeper shoots long balls.
  • With the exception of the penalty spot that had damaged grass in the 16/17 pitch, since I did not get why that would be damaged at all. It is not used that much during play.

All in all, I would just be glad if the low res boarding was gone that just downgrades the HD pitch, the one-pixel emblem/crest was gone, and having hard difficulty goalkeepers would be an option. Since I just got used to that level of play. Then I would play the game with the Retro HD pitch, instead of going back to the SWOS 1.0.0.19. Looks to me I just need to be a lot more patient and wait for the SWOS 2020 Total Pack 1.2 ;-).

EDIT: Additional, will I still be able to copy/paste my SWOS folder from the SWOS2020 Total Pack v1.2 to the SWOS 2020 v1.2 application on my Mac? So I can use my custom settings there (e.g. no emblem/crest, hard difficulty goalkeepers) ? Due to them both probably running in the SWOS HD mode.

Asking this because I noticed the new SWOS 2020 v1.2 is no longer directly backward compatible for instantly using the non-HD settings from the current Total Pack 1.0.1. Although there is a bit of a workaround possible, by selecting the Original Amiga screen. Exit the program. And then copy/paste the SWOS folder from the old Total Pack 1.0.1. And run the program again, although then I think also the old launcher (from Total Pack 1.0.1) would be in use instead of the new 1.2 launcher. Just wondering if it could also be used, while leaving the 1.2 launcher in place (since it has the most bugs fixed)?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Additional request for using custom settings on the SWOS 2020 v1.2 app.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #144359 by captaincofresi

Starwindz wrote:

#1. I think the shadow color of referees should be same as colors of players' shadows
#2. yes. little bit closer to pitch lines

Ok, I get that you agree with me on those points.
What is unclear to me, is if you need action from me to do this? Or can you do this yourself in the editor?
Since I already provided the Assistant Referee images in a ZIP file with the darker shadows.

it seems i can do it to update the pitches

Is this still the case for implementation of these static assistant referees for the upcoming DLC feature for SWOS2020 HD, or could you use my help on this? Just let me know, also if you just need files that I haven't uploaded here yet.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #144365 by Playaveli
Just upload your files. If it's good quality then we'll add them to DLC! Thanks, Nico!
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Playaveli.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #144373 by captaincofresi

Just upload your files. If it's good quality then we'll add them to DLC! Thanks, Nico!

Just to clarify a bit more: I would like to make four HD version of those pitches based on the New Retro HD pitches (with the side boards reverted to the default ones - would need the original HD versions for this if there are any - , without the blurry Sensi text in perspective). Then just two x two pitches (also for the New Retro HD pitches with shadow): one with the Black Kit assistant referees and one with the Yellow Kit assitant referees, and just keep the default SWOS 2020 billboard on the top that I back then changed to '19 / '20 ;-). When using those older pitches, I would not expect them to be in HD that is and would also have the old goals.

And as I do not have the graphics of New Retro HD pitches (with and without shadows) or know how I could edit those, I currently have no new files to upload.

Before I got the assistant referees from a set of different custom pitches in bitmap format (not vector - so not easy to rescale), so I might have to redraw those completely for the New Retro HD pitches I think?
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: changed it from two to four pitches to be made - based on the New Retro HD pitches

More
2 years 6 days ago #145851 by Sida79

if you give some graphic materials and info, i can create new custom pitches for you.

Any chance you could make a, what I imagine to be, a really simple pitch for me? I could buy you a few beers to say thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds