custom tactics

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142921 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic custom tactics
Playaveli wrote:

*.tac files work with any version there is. Amiga, DOS, real Amiga ...

No conversion needed.
If it does not work for you are doing something wrong.

Thanks, tested this thoroughly and reported the following bug in bug reports (with image examples there): The Amiga Expert mode seems to compress the loaded Custom Tactics towards the center of the field. That's why when I tried to load a tactic made in the SWOS 2020 Amiga Expert mode into Amiga SWOS it wasn't the same, but a wide version of what I had made. So it looked like it was not loading, but it was. And loading it in either Amiga SWOS or in SWOS2020 Normal mode results in the same problems.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142922 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic custom tactics
Your custom tactics have nothing to do with expert or normal mode. They are always the same! You can create a custom tactic with whatever version, and it will be same on all other versions.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142923 by captaincofresi
Well it isn't, please read the bug report first and test is yourself. Since you do not believe me, the screenshots speak for themself.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142924 by Playaveli
It is, Nico...
files.swos.eu/tactic/PLAYA1.TAC

Download this tactic and load it in any SWOS version. It is the same everywhere!
Expert mode has nothing to do with saving tactics in another way. It is the same! It only has changed standard tactics by default. That's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142925 by captaincofresi
Done, and thanks for proving my point - Expert mode compresses a loaded Tactic towards the center:

PlayA1 loaded as Custom Tactic in Normal mode:

PlayA1 loaded as Custom Tactic in Expert mode:

More
4 years 2 months ago #142926 by Playaveli
That has nothing to do with tactics being different. They are the same.
But the standard tactics which a custom tactic is based on, is different, and ball-out situation like this might look differently, accordingly. That's it. That doesn't mean that it is not the same custom tactic. It always is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 2 months ago #142927 by captaincofresi
It might be that it loads the Mogz's tactic, depending on what the Custom Tactic is based on, instead of the Custom Tactic. This might give the illusion of compressing towards the center.

More
4 years 2 months ago #142928 by captaincofresi
But it's the same tactic, so in Expert mode it thinks it's based on the Mozg's 442 tactic instead of the real Standard 442 tactic it's based on?

More
4 years 2 months ago #142929 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

But the standard tactics which a custom tactic is based on, is different, and ball-out situation like this might look differently, accordingly. That's it.

It is a different tactic when ball-out situations are different! Since in the Normal Mode I could easily play towards the right back since it's not covered by an opponnent player. But in the Expert Mode I would not play towards the right back, since it's covered by an opponnent. So with all the ball-out situations suddenly changing, you are changing the tactic itself.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #142980 by captaincofresi
Playaveli wrote:

But the standard tactics which a custom tactic is based on, is different, and ball-out situation like this might look differently, accordingly. That's it.

Ok, I get that the ball-out situations are different since the core of the game has been changed in Expert mode to account for new 'standard tactics' so when using one of those Mozg's tactics as a base, it will be closer to a compact tactic. And I get that you can't really change anything about that, since that is the way the game has been built. So in Normal mode, you will get ball-out situations that correspond with the 'standard tactic' and players setting up wider on the pitch than in Expert mode. At the moment I am playing with my new tactic in Normal Mode and I see that apart from the ball-out situations it does behave like my tactic as you mentioned. Still, my players do need to cover a lot more ground than in the Expert mode, due to the wider ball-out situations. At least now I know, I take that in regard.

Changed point of view on this, see the EDIT section:
So just out of interest in the programming side of things, would it be possible to replace the 5-3-2 'standard tactic' in Normal mode with Mozg's 5-1-2-2 tactic? Since that is the tactic my new tactics are based on. And I do notice that in the Premier League that I play, no team is using the 5-3-2 tactic at the moment, so the cpu would not be using it. I tried just changing the tactics in the tactics folders but noticed that is only for diplay purposes for the comparison between Normal and Expert mode in the Total Pack.
For some games I can deduct most of the game code as I have done recenlty in a 'Chuck versus the Tangos' Mod for the game Doorkickers on Steam, just looking at the code comparing them and changing where I want some changes. All in all this would be something 'nice to have' , only need to figure out how hard it is for me to change the Normal Mode like I describe here.

EDIT: Well, after playing more matches I don't think the change above is what I would want. Since it is already an advantage to play one of Mozg's tactics in Normal Mode, since the compact tactics just work better and you will get a lot of space between the players that are using the Normal Tactics. And I already won a Season using the Mozg's based tactic in Normal Mode, so there is no need to make it even easier ;-). At the moment I am going back to the standard tactics, since that is also what is used mostly online. And see how 442 suits me, since the defence gap in 532 is quite costly.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: Changed point of view after playing more matches ;-)

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds