Team database - bug reports

More
3 years 6 months ago #143987 by daddywarhol
@Gorzo :
surely I can.

But here in Italy the transfer window expire on October,the 5th...
Which leagues are assigned?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #143988 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Team database - bug reports

@Gorzo :
surely I can.

But here in Italy the transfer window expire on October,the 5th...
Which leagues are assigned?

there are leagues that in the theory transfer market closed :)
come on our discord channel I will drop you a list with the leagues :)
I see that you have two accounts and I don't know which one is good :)
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gorzo.

More
3 years 4 months ago #144142 by Kanchelskis
Hi guys, I was doing my experiments in Africa National Teams and I noticed a trouble:
Congo National Team is completely wrong, the players are from DR Congo which is another country (the old Zaire).
Also all the players both from Republic of Congo and DR Congo share the same nationality (CON) while it should be:
Congo (CON)
DR Congo (ZAI)

More
3 years 4 months ago #144143 by Playaveli

Hi guys, I was doing my experiments in Africa National Teams and I noticed a trouble:
Congo National Team is completely wrong, the players are from DR Congo which is another country (the old Zaire).
Also all the players both from Republic of Congo and DR Congo share the same nationality (CON) while it should be:
Congo (CON)
DR Congo (ZAI)

Feel free to contact me on Discord! Maybe you wanna jump in and do the AFRICAN NATIONAL TEAMS .xxx file?

More
3 years 4 months ago #144146 by Kanchelskis
Thanks so much for asking. I don't think my work will let me to manage the stuff with all the rules and deadlines you have.
I am also trying other parameters for the skills, I don't think they'll fit with your database.

More
3 years 4 months ago #144147 by Playaveli

Thanks so much for asking. I don't think my work will let me to manage the stuff with all the rules and deadlines you have.
I am also trying other parameters for the skills, I don't think they'll fit with your database.

We have guidelines to stay in 96/97 tradition. What is your approach, what kind of parameters do you use?

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #144149 by Kanchelskis
I am testing - just for fun - a different approach.
While you set the price according to transfermarkt values and then calculate randomically skills with the generator, I start from Football Manager overall (i.e. 80 is 2mln or 32 7-points in swos) and thereafter I reach the value setting skills based on FM and or Fifa attributes (i.e. Gideon Mensah was only 450k in your update while I gave him 850k because he is 71 in both Football Manager and Fifa, assigning him 6 in speed and ball control having him 75 average for this values in other games).

By now it seems matches are more realistic and a bit harder (but could be just an impression).
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
3 years 4 months ago #144150 by Playaveli
We do not calculate skills randomly! The skill generator gives you a head start which you can work on. Also, we added the FIFA database to the generator which you can apply by single click if needed.

More
3 years 4 months ago #144151 by Kanchelskis

we added the FIFA database to the generator which you can apply by single click if needed

That's great, where can I find it updated? I think I had an older version.

Anyway I am bit unsure on basing the overall on the market values fit properly players skills.
An average LB o RB who plays in LIGA NOS in Portugal is valued a lot less than a reserve LB with the same age playing for a Premier League club despite he has an higher overall in quite every videogame. Also young players are really boosted (despite the good corrections you use to low down their values). Market values don't follow the same criteria of the players ratings and are determined by agents, clubs financial questions, leagues, tv budgets, personal sponsors..
Unfortunately SWOS it's a bit simplistic in this as they flat the market value with ratings (stars). Also all players don't get old and don't retire. Ibrahimovic is still a beast in Italy despite he's 40 yrs old. Except for speed, he has impressive stats on other videogames: in Swos he should be 5 or 6 mln in value but he would be a great player for other 20 years (when he should be 60 years old :D). In SWOS 2020 he's just 1.5mln (as Calabria and Kjaer!) with only 5 in shooting (while in both FIFA and PES he's over 88) and 4 in ball control, the same value of Calabria where in FIFA Ibra is 86 and Calabria 70.

Just my 2 cents of course, it's a SWOS flaw, not mine or yours and you're doing an impressive job as usual.

More
3 years 4 months ago #144153 by adrianozzo
After 25 years I just noticed that in the 96/97 database Angelo Montrone plays both in Pistoiese and Padova

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds